Samurai Reincarnation

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

I decided to watch this movie again last night and after you watch it you realize just how good it really is, the storyline even though it had to do with the supernatural it had some awesome fight scenes and if you watch the extras Sonny Chiba said this is one of his 3 favorite Samurai movies that he ever made, and it really had a Great cast as well, just to see Sonny Chiba cross swords with Tomisaburo Wakayama who plays Jubie's Father is worth the price alone.

51QC91NGBVL._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1budz4u

I remember seeing this movie in the theater when it was released. It's a great movie that I can watch over and over even though Sawada Kenji gives me the creeps! :lol I think it's got to do with his eyes!:eek

Guest natoral

Just watched this again the other night.

I love the scene and how it plays out were Chiba comes home to his dad Wakayama who is now a demon.

The only thing I didnt like was the girl who the sword maker was looking after.

Jubei accepts the duel with Musashi and she starts whining about leaving her like they are together or they've been an item forever.

The finale is really something that should get more props.

These days it'd be 2 pop idols with CG flames falling all around them and absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Love to see a behind the scenes someday of how they filmed that whole bit.I know they used a little CG but alot of it was just Wakayama and Chiba doing it up in a surronding inferno. :evil

bamboo spear

I just watched this recently, too. I forgot how much I liked Muramasa and Amakusa. One thing, though. How and when did the mad monk die? In one scene, Jubei is up in a true, then I don't think we see him again after he killed the koga ninja kunoichi.

Guest Stuntman Jules

I really adore SAMURAI REINCARNATION. I adore it so much, in fact, I homaged in it in LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD, one of my films.

It's just got so much action, so much bloody insanity, so much badassity and an epic vibe all around. I first saw it horribly dubbed, panned and scanned, missing an entire reel of exposition in the middle ala PLANET TERROR and with an almost pixelvision transfer and I still loved it, but I really started digging it when I saw Media Blasters DVD. It's really Kinji Fukasaku at the top of his form, at least as far as his jidai-gekis are concerned.

I like LEGEND OF THE EIGHT SAMURAI just as much though, it feels like he put more even effort into that one, actually, but the film's much goofier and the score is really bad, but it's actually Fukasaku's best samurai film visually.

Archived