Donnie Yen

Guest vlade2002

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I have had Special ID in the netflix queue for a while, should I just remove it? Lol. Note: I did like Iceman more than most I think. I found it fun and entertaining, but nothing great.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I have had Special ID in the netflix queue for a while, should I just remove it? Lol. Note: I did like Iceman more than most I think. I found it fun and entertaining, but nothing great.

No, don't remove it. It's worth a watch. It was a little silly, but the action is solid. The car chase alone is worth it.

One Armed Boxer
I have had Special ID in the netflix queue for a while, should I just remove it? Lol. Note: I did like Iceman more than most I think. I found it fun and entertaining, but nothing great.

I actually reviewed both of these movies, so while all opinions are of course subjective, to see a comparison on both coming from the same voice, feel free to check out the links below:

'Iceman 3D' review -

http://www.cityonfire.com/iceman-3d-2014-review-donnie-yen/

'Special ID' review -

http://www.cityonfire.com/special-id-aka-special-identity-2013-review/

Hm, I think I agree with both of you on Iceman for the most part, maybe the general view on it is better than I thought?

I'll probably watch Special ID at some point, I just won't make a priority of it...

I hope Kung Fu Jungle comes to a theatre near me!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Argh! SPECIAL ID is an entertaining film with some poor scripting, great action, and one big "Doh!" moment at the very end (after a fantastic action climax is over). Well worth seeing. It's like a lot of the old HK movies that were only good for the fights, with retread plots and underwritten characters. I think the main reason everyone shits on this film is that these days we expect better (and why shouldn't we), and it needed another fight scene or two. But the car chase and subsequent fight are excellent.

There's something fishy about the article. If it's true, Yen will take back his words after shooting completes. He always says things like this when he feels pressured or exhausted from shooting demanding action scenes. Besides, he's attached to several projects at this point so he can't back out anyway.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/donnie-yen-plans-to-step-down-from-action-films-after-ip-man-3/#comment-606032

He is supposed to be shooting Noodle Man in July. I don't know what his other projects are after that, but maybe not so much retire but needs to take a breather. It seems he's working himself to the bone and could use the break to "recharge the battery".

Chan, Stallone, Arnold and pretty much every film star - action or not - has said this. 99% of them pull their word. Yen's only saying this because all the work he has lined up. Music bands have said this. When you have to announce it, it's usually BS.

It's in their blood. They will keep going as long as they're in demand.

Save this thread and mark my word.

It'll be okay DiP. I promise. We might even see a Drunken Tai Chi II.

I agree with everything that mpm74 said

It is like people threatening to jump off a building. A person who was going to do it, would have jumped. Not waited for people to gather and someone to talk him out of it.

He should be happy people still want to see him. There are plenty of actors and martial artists that would love the attention and job offers.

Yeah I think he's just going to more or less "take a break" rather than retire. He put too much on his plate the past year and a half and he definitely needs a break. However, if he does in fact retire, he will have a hell of an opponent as his final opponent on screen.

ShaOW!linDude
We might even see a Drunken Tai Chi II.

DUDE!!! That's not funny! Don't you even tease me with that! I would love that!:xd:

One Armed Boxer
WTF no subs. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

It's a Japanese documentary with Japanese subs....you've even stated it yourself in the post title! :neutral:

Tex Killer
It's a Japanese documentary with Japanese subs....you've even stated it yourself in the post title! :neutral:

Owned:tongue::wink::sad::tinysmile_angry2_t: