Justin Lin's WARRIOR (2019) – based on an idea by Bruce Lee

mpm74

Drunken Monk

Enjoyed episode 4. It really pushed the plot forward and everything feels like it’s slowly coming to a boil. By the final episode, I think everything will go nuts.

This one isn’t fight heavy but the two action sequences we get are pretty dope. Especially the sparring between Taslim and Dacascos.

• Like 3

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

Just got out of work and stupid tired. But I still watched this episode. I can honestly say it's my favorite episode so far in this season though the fights are minimal. The Young Jun fight was pretty cool and the drama really pulls on your heartstrings. Could honestly say that...

Spoiler

Big Bill and Father Jun stole the episode. You really want them to have a good life in the end and never return to Chinatown.

Other than that, I guarantee you this season is gonna end in bloodshed.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

1.jpg.df7dd8cc0c028e1c238b3a5321e1420f.jpg

No but I bet I can get it off quicker.

Solid 4th ep. I really liked the opening scene.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 3

Episode 5 was pretty solid and definitely an improvement over 4. Young Jun seems to be really shit out of luck this season but with everything he's been doing or lack thereof, it doesn't really come as a total surprise. Curious to see how the resurgence of 

Spoiler

Father Jun will affect the Hop Wei and overall situation in Chinatown.

Also Mai Ling's grip is starting to loosen up and I can't help but wonder if it'll ultimately lead to her downfall. Kind of feel sorry for Li Yong as he seems to be still completely under her spell. He's such a sucker when it comes to her!

@PandaPawPaw I'm sure you got a bit of excitment because Buckley finally was able to use his "stick" :yociexpress06:

One can really tell they're just filling the powder keg at this point. Now all we need is an Onion or Duck with matches!

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

Episode 5 was great. I agree with @laagi, the show is planting a lot of seeds before it sets fire to the entire forest. I can see a LOT of bloodshed around the corner.

I find myself being very uninterested in Buckley (he’s a pretty dull character) but his relationship to Mai Ling is keeping me invested in him.

I wonder when Leary will pop up next. He’s been a bit of a background character this season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I wonder when Leary will pop up next. He’s been a bit of a background character this season.

I always thought that the obvious answer would be that Leary backed by his new alley Strickland will eventually go up against Buckley in the mayoral race. But that might just be my own interpretation.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I don't find Andrew Koji that great in the lead role. He's not awful but I think someone else might of been better.

I really love Jason Tobin in it. He's really good at pulling that 'Imma fuck you up' face. I actually felt a bit sorry for him in ep4. I wanted him to fight back.

• Like 1

Episode 5 continues with further story progression which I think is essential later on. Very thrilling and interesting. It's light on action once again but what's present still impresses. And what a pleasant surprise and to see 

Spoiler

Father Jun back. Let's see how things go from here but I would love to see him gain back his position as leader for Hop Wei.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
8 hours ago, laagi said:

I always thought that the obvious answer would be that Leary backed by his new alley Strickland will eventually go up against Buckley in the mayoral race. But that might just be my own interpretation.

I may be an idiot because I’d never considered that. But yes, that definitely sounds like a plot point that could happen. As long as he gets to punch more people in the face, I’m good.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I don't find Andrew Koji that great in the lead role. He's not awful but I think someone else might of been better.

I really love Jason Tobin in it. He's really good at pulling that 'Imma fuck you up' face. I actually felt a bit sorry for him in ep4. I wanted him to fight back.

Tobin is the hidden jewel of the show. He plays an asshole weasel (with heart) really well. He deserves more credit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Tobin is the hidden jewel of the show. He plays an asshole weasel (with heart) really well. He deserves more credit.

I'd put up Hoon Lee as Wang Chao for debate as well. He's been giving a really great performance throughout so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laagi said:

I'd put up Hoon Lee as Wang Chao for debate as well. He's been giving a really great performance throughout so far.

Chao's quotes are super memorable and I'm pretty sure he's a part of the secret service for knowing the most unknown secrets 🤣

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
27 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

8ff71d_fefe9fee33d449ccb5d25bf8fa4bcfdc~

Just posting this to make sure the forum is working OK...............

Both the forum and my penis seem to be working fine.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

8ff71d_fefe9fee33d449ccb5d25bf8fa4bcfdc~

Just posting this to make sure the forum is working OK...............

It's working fine baby...

WEB_8.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

PandaPawPaw

I was worried for a second that I was back in the Kung Fu thread!

Yvonne is always welcome though. :heart

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Things I took away from ep5.

Young Jun is unbeatable and can survive any attack. Dude keeps on getting beaten up and is still alive!

The coppers suck ass!

No more girl on girl action! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Haha 2

Definitely a step up from the previous two episodes IMHO. Episode six now ranks among my favorites of this season so far.

Got the action, got the sticky... what else could a man ask for! Although the latter had me laughing throughout. I mean we finally get to see a pair and it had to be THIS? C'mon we can and definitely should do better.

Probably my favorite though was the Chao and Lee sub-plot. I hope they'll eventually do something with this new setup.

Last but not least I'm sure you all noticed the "famous" cameo. Kind of had me cringe but I guess we all knew it's gonna happen sooner or later. Truth be told it wasn't even all that bad.

Now with new story arcs opening up and old ones still just developing I seriously doubt they can all wrap it up nicely this season. For what it's worth give me more of the same please.

P.S. A general gripe with any current production, I wished just once they would bother to have someone on set who actually speaks german. Making them sound like some goofy nazis all the time is getting a bit old really!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

To an extent, episode 6 felt a little like “filler.” They tackled some character stuff but the plot wasn’t pushed forward all that much.

Young June’s sexual encounter was a nice dose of levity in a largely serious episode and show in general.

Even Chao and Lee’s part of the episode felt like a “side quest.”

With all that said, I did enjoy the episode. The combination of all its moving parts made for a pretty good watch.

Since I knew this episode was directed by the show’s fight choreographer, I was waiting for the action to kick in. When it did, I was happy but it felt all too brief.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

To an extent, episode 6 felt a little like “filler.” They tackled some character stuff but the plot wasn’t pushed forward all that much.

Young June’s sexual encounter was a nice dose of brevity in a largely serious episode and show in general.

Even Chao and Lee’s part of the episode felt like a “side quest.”

With all that said, I did enjoy the episode. The combination of all its moving parts made for a pretty good watch.

Since I knew this episode was directed by the show’s fight choreographer, I was waiting for the action to kick in. When it did, I was happy but it felt all too brief.

Yeah I think the creators were saying they wanted a fun filler every season (1st had Ah Sahm and Young Jun moving the dead body, 2 had the tournament). I really loved this episode and it was heartbreaking to see what happens to a character near the end. The fight was hella gruesome!!!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
6 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

The fight was hella gruesome!!!

It was awesome. I could have watched another hour of it!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It was awesome. I could have watched another hour of it!

Me too bro! And is it me or do you notice that Young Jun calls Father Jun, Dad, now?

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
27 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

Me too bro! And is it me or do you notice that Young Jun calls Father Jun, Dad, now?

Yep! That’s a nice little touch.

• Like 2