Justin Lin's WARRIOR (2019) – based on an idea by Bruce Lee

mpm74

https://www.cbr.com/warrior-season-3-rebuild-most-sets/

I've clearly focused on this bit:

In an interview with Inverse, showrunner Jonathan Tropper and executive producer Shannon Lee were asked if Season 3 would be the show's last. Tropper answered, "Way too much work to pull this all back together for one season."

And I've assumed more seasons had been greenlit beyond season 3 - maybe verbally behind the scenes?

• Like 4

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

On 4/27/2023 at 9:47 PM, AlbertV said:

warriors.jpg?resize=1000,563

Nothing else to add... Season 3 is going to deliver!!! Looking forward to see what they managed to cook for Mark Dacascos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

https://www.cbr.com/warrior-season-3-rebuild-most-sets/

I've clearly focused on this bit:

In an interview with Inverse, showrunner Jonathan Tropper and executive producer Shannon Lee were asked if Season 3 would be the show's last. Tropper answered, "Way too much work to pull this all back together for one season."

I think there is much more to tell about Asian-American history with the show, so therefore some more seasons should be made.

• Like 1

Well, I started to finally watch the series. I'm halfway through season 1 and I have to say I love this show. The fights are nicely shot and I have to admit, being a fan of South African cinema, I recognized a few faces throughout the series with the show being shot in Cape Town to make it look like San Francisco and Nevada in the case of episode 5. 

I recognized in episode 5 two familiar faces to South African entertainment. The saloon owner's wife is played by Erica Wessels, who starred in the Netflix movie I am All Girls and playing the rogue carriage driver was Jonathan Pienaar, who 80's martial arts film fans will know as his role of traitorous Marine Taylor in American Ninja 2: The Confrontation. He also recently appeared in a short film, Ring of Beasts, which starred, written, and produced by a friend of mine, Cameron Scott. Langley Kirkwood, who plays the Deputy Mayor, will also be in the One Piece live-action series.

I plan to finish season 1 by Memorial Day and then go to season 2 so I can get in on time for Season 3 in June! 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Well, I started to finally watch the series. I'm halfway through season 1 and I have to say I love this show. The fights are nicely shot and I have to admit, being a fan of South African cinema, I recognized a few faces throughout the series with the show being shot in Cape Town to make it look like San Francisco and Nevada in the case of episode 5. 

I recognized in episode 5 two familiar faces to South African entertainment. The saloon owner's wife is played by Erica Wessels, who starred in the Netflix movie I am All Girls and playing the rogue carriage driver was Jonathan Pienaar, who 80's martial arts film fans will know as his role of traitorous Marine Taylor in American Ninja 2: The Confrontation. He also recently appeared in a short film, Ring of Beasts, which starred, written, and produced by a friend of mine, Cameron Scott. Langley Kirkwood, who plays the Deputy Mayor, will also be in the One Piece live-action series.

I plan to finish season 1 by Memorial Day and then go to season 2 so I can get in on time for Season 3 in June! 

I think you're going to love season 2 even more! I'm rewatching the show again before the new season comes out. I have nothing bad to say about this show other than I wish there was physical media for the second season

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 7:13 PM, Ah_Tao said:

I think you're going to love season 2 even more! I'm rewatching the show again before the new season comes out. I have nothing bad to say about this show other than I wish there was physical media for the second season

Started Season 2 and one of my favorites is in episode 1. Rob Van Vuuren plays the guy at the Banshee who is told by Leary to pay the dues and he has that shocked look and does it anyway. 

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Mark Dacascos was one of those guys I thought would of been a big star. Shame he wasn't.

Him as Crying Freeman will always rule!

tumblr_pxu715TPuF1qc5j12o1_540.gif

I need to rewatch it!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Mark Dacascos was one of those guys I thought would of been a big star. Shame he wasn't.

Him as Crying Freeman will always rule!

tumblr_pxu715TPuF1qc5j12o1_540.gif

I need to rewatch it!

I have the same sentiment. I can think of one good reason for this... His lousy film agents. There are some noteworthy movies in his filmography, especially in his early career phase. But as the 2000s, and 2010s went by, and going into this decade we have only seen him accept mostly c-grade junk with very few worthwhile movies.

One dream match-up I would love to see right now, at least, is him and Donnie Yen square off which nearly happened according to Mike Leeder. It's not too late yet, and both have already met so they are no strangers for collaborations.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

I wish they would've brought in Ludi Lin for season 3. As much as I enjoyed Warrior season 1 & 2, I feel Ludi actually would've made a better Ah Sahm than Andrew Koji

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I wish they would've brought in Ludi Lin for season 3. As much as I enjoyed Warrior season 1 & 2, I feel Ludi actually would've made a better Ah Sahm than Andrew Koji

Well he was absolutely terrible in CW's Kung Poo... but hey what do I know lol.

25 minutes ago, laagi said:

Well he was absolutely terrible in CW's Kung Poo... but hey what do I know lol.

Ludi Lin4ever

649ded1268c2e218758145.gif

En2gBaVUwAASCNf.jpg

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
23 minutes ago, laagi said:

How dare you forget about Yvonne :tongueout

Forget!? How dare you! I would never forget a beauty such as The Chapman!

Besides I never said she wasn't coming too. :wink

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Oh wow S3 has started! Olivia Cheng here I come! :D

Be sure to bring alot of tissue for afterwards. :tongueout

• Haha 4

Season 3 is definitely of to a strong start! I have to say the series just looks absolutely amazing. It's obvious that a lot of care and attention to detail went into the making of it. It literally puts you into 19th century SF Chinatown.

The first three episodes are mainly here to set up the different story arcs, recap a bit of the past and introduce new characters. Some of which I already REALLY like. My favorite is probably Chelsea Muirhead as Yan Mi.

There's also some intense scuffles here and there. I'd say it's just about the right dosage for now. What I did notice however is that the violence seemingly has been taken up a notch. Not a single fight scene goes without some limbs getting chopped off!

I do have one very minor complaint overall though and that's the dark imagery. I keep noticing that in movies as well lately. It's nothing too distracting but especially during a fight scene if you have to start making out the characters, well you get my point.

I'm curious to see where season 3 will eventually go and possibly end. Plenty of old story arcs to wrap up and new ones to discover.

IMHO Warrior is still the best Martial Arts series at the moment. Highly recommended!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

I finished episode 1 a moment ago. I loved every minute of it. Not just the action but everything!

Everyone in the cast is great but it was exceptional to see Mark Dacascos given a good introduction, and seeing him act for a change. I can already tell that he's been given a proper treatment of his overall abilities as a performer. Looking forward to see more of him.

• Like 4

Can we also acknowledge that Warrior is one of the few series doing the "strong female character" justice.

Without coming across as forced or totally misplaced. Looking at you🐀

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I enjoyed ep1 and Mark Dacascos is a great addition. I usually skip intros to shows but I don't with this one. The theme music is tops!

I really like Jason Tobin's acting/role and Hoon Lee is excellent. The latter was superb in Banshee.

The only downside was not enough Chengers so here's a pic. More scenes with Miranda Raison please. :D

Olivia-Cheng-at-HBO-Official-2019-Emmys-

Looking forward to ep2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

More scenes with Miranda Raison please. :D

What kind of "scenes" are we talking about? Asking for a friend :tongueout

• Haha 3

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

What kind of "scenes" are we talking about? Asking for a friend :tongueout

Bruce_Lee_1973.jpg.450c6e709127abcc290a8e6f029ca32e.jpg

• Haha 1