Justin Lin's WARRIOR (2019) – based on an idea by Bruce Lee

mpm74

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 8/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, bigrogie said:

I watched Season 1 since Monday. Liked it from the very beginning until the end and was always looking forward to the next episode. Some humour, good action. So much better than Netflix's recent Wu Assassins. Looking forward to Season 2 which I understand should come out in early 2020.

Netflix shows are kinda wack except for a few like glow. 

• Like 1

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

• Administrator
23 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

MINDHUNTERS, brother. Watch it now! 😎

• Like 2

I'm glad my parents have cinemax or l would have never got to see this last spring. Looking forward to next spring for season 2, hope it surpasses season 1 in action and story! Wonder if they will tone down that vulgar cussing, It's kind of embarrassing when your mother is watching it too. 🤭

• Like 2

Watched season 1 some weeks ago. Could had more action but that is just small matter. It`s very addictive, and action scenes are very well done. But it`s the story which is super fascinating and left enough loose ends so looking forward to season 2. Does Warrior improve and wins his challenger?Sure but what about things with his not so good sister...

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I've been anticipating season 2 of this, but it will surely be delayed now because of the pandemic.  Certainly not as big a deal as the much more serious human suffering and loss caused by this situation, but... it had just occurred to me. :squigglemouth:

I heard that the show-runners of THE WALKING DEAD weren't able to finish the post-production on their show's season finale. So the second to last episode of the season will air, then once they can complete the intended season finale, it will be aired as a "special episode" before the start of the following season.

• Like 4

venom10463
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Looks like there are plans to cancel another Martial Arts series.

What happened? It was renewed for season 2.

Edit:

Read the article. This is sad news. I hope another broadcaster picks it up.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 3

So, according to this:

https://tvscorecards.com/warrior-season-2-jett-cancelled-as-cinemax-ends-original-programming/

Season 2 is happening but will be the final season

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

That's sad news. I hope another channel decides to pick this up and keep it going. HBO? Netflix? Somebody.

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 5/10/2020 at 12:21 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

What was the better first season, into the badlands or warrior? 

I only watched a few episodes of INTO THE BADLANDS. I liked it a lot, but I started watching it with my missus, who then lost interest. By the time she finally admitted she didn't really want to continue with it (after a few weeks of "Mmmm... not in the mood for that tonight. Maybe we'll watch it tomorrow?) I felt like I sort of needed to restart it, so instead waited for the season's Blu-ray release. I've picked them up, but haven't gone back to it yet.

WARRIOR was damn good, and I hope the second season gets aired soon. I also signed the petition to have it continue on another network.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I got through most of the GLOW, but I ultimately  lost interest in the last season. It went really downhill. They even injected sex scenes/nudity since they seemed out of ideas. Is it worth finishing? 

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
13 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

I got through most of the GLOW, but I ultimately  lost interest in the last season. It went really downhill. They even injected sex scenes/nudity since they seemed out of ideas. Is it worth finishing? 

Seasons 1 and 2 is pretty good.  I didn't realize they had a 3rd season. I'll check it out if it still holds up. 

• Like 1

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

WARRIOR was damn good, and I hope the second season gets aired soon. I also signed the petition to have it continue on another network.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:31 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's sad news. I hope another channel decides to pick this up and keep it going. HBO? Netflix? Somebody.

I really hope they managed to get a third season made, it's a shame to see so many Martial Art's show's get a rough time with funding etc.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Seasons 1 and 2 is pretty good.  I didn't realize they had a 3rd season. I'll check it out if it still holds up. 

I may have meant season 1 was good (so season 2 is probably the one that sucked). lol Sorry

• Like 2

Definitely one best series from recent(ish) past. Have one more episode to go of season 2. Ah Sahm is not as visible in #2, in fact can say there is no main character. Lots smaller plots and some unlikely alliances.  Pity if there is no more of warrior in some format or channel.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, Karlos said:

Dacascos sighting at 10 seconds in!

Yep that's him alright... Sporting a pig tail is it? The teaser although is too messy for my taste. Still I've been looking forward to ANY news for season 3 for a long time.

Any word on how many seasons they were planning originally? Or will they simply decide on viewership numbers...

• Like 2

I should Google it to check, but off the top of my head I thought I read that HBO Max agreed to producing 3 seasons as anything less wouldn't justify rebuilding the sets?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

I should Google it to check, but off the top of my head I thought I read that HBO Max agreed to producing 3 seasons as anything less wouldn't justify rebuilding the sets?

3 seasons in addition to the 2 made by cinemax? Sorry I'm too lazy to google LOL.

• Like 1