• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

38 minutes ago, laagi said:

Not that it matters since its fictional. But I'd be curious to know if it was fashionable let alone legal to show any kind of affection in public during that time period. But then again it's San Francisco so what the F do I know... :laugh

They were probably all a horny bunch back then....................

Now a Chinese person kissing in public.............

Oh man that's going to be a storyline in S4 isn't it!

• Haha 1

Overall, S3 is far from being a disappointment imo. I think the inclusion of few new characters and new subplots and twists/resolutions added more drive and excitement. And the action, regardless of quantity, impresses set-piece after set-piece.

Yet however, compared to the previous seasons SE3 could've done more to measure up because of its' lacking areas. It does feel rushed and the way some character culminations are done is underwhelming missing that punch that the previous seasons got right. Could it be the varying directors involved this time? 

The good thing out of this season is that it leaves doors open for a new season, which could lead back to what I was expecting all along

Spoiler

(Ah Sahm and Mai Ling united and on the run from Hop Wei, and Long Zii).

So I'm all for it.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

I enjoyed the season finale. I feel that it ramped up the tension and delivered a solid climax, despite rushing to wrap up some plot lines.

I can’t see the “dead” character staying dead. I think it’s a bluff.

I found the action to be super solid. It was still “lighter” than other scenes (physically, I mean) but there was some solid choreography here.

I don’t see this being the end of the show. I expect a season 4 will be announced at some point.

With that said, I hope season 4 goes back to being a Cinemax show, rather than an HBO show. I know Cinemax doesn’t exist but I mean in spirit.

• Like 2

For sure S3 was not as great as S1 & S2 and I was expecting more, but I still enjoyed it. 

In the final episode, I just loved Ah Toy's swordfight. A few precise moves demonstrating her superiority, rage and revengefulness and it was quickly over. A beauty! Must have re-watched it a dozen times so far!

Hopefully a S4 is in the future and that it will be more in the style of S1 & S2.

• Like 3

I didn't get to make a post because I been so busy but I did see this episode on Thursday.

I enjoyed tf out of this episode. I even looked the Ah Toy fight which was very cut to the chase. It reminded me of that one Chan Wai Man flick (forgive me for not remembering, if any of you know please say it lol) where he tries to kill the foe only to die and the sifu avenges him at the end. Anyways, it was nice seeing Ah Toy letting it loose and taking out Strickland like nothing. 

I think the Ah Sahm vs Hop Wei sequences has to be one of my favorite fights in the entire show. It's definitely a standout for the otherwise lacking Season 3. Honestly, I'm happy with just watching this episode and the first couple of episodes.

Is there a motive for what Catherine is doing? It's extremely obvious she's doing all this for a greater cause but I'm not sure what she's doing it for. I seen many people say it's for the Blake's but she did not directly say she was hired by them- only just in kahoots against Buckley.

The character who comes back at the end has a pretty epic reappearance. I really hope the other character isn't dead. It was honestly the best way to end this season.

In terms of how I rate the finales I'd probably say- 1, 3, 2. I did not like the finale for the first season but these last two finales were both on the money in my book

• Like 1

What do people want to see in S4?

More boobs (obviously)

Better fights and better filmed. That Ah Sahm/Hop Wei fight gave me a headache. Needs some wider shots.

1 or 2 stories max so they can actually concentrate on them and flesh them out without it getting all messy and confusing.

Less kissing.

More violence like S1/2. The bar punch thing was cool but felt so out of place as the rest of the series had been pretty tame.

I personally would like Ah Sahm to be less Bruce like. I get why he is but it comes off as a bit cringe at times.

More RaiCheng.

No forced romance shit. The Ah Sahm stuff was just utterly meh and a waste of time.

NO SHANNON LEE.

More boobs. (what? I'm a boob man).

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

As I see a lot of praise for the final confrontation between Ah Sahm and the Hop Wei. Can we just acknowledge that it was a bit silly considering the circumstances.

Afterall, Ah Sahm suffered  from a SEVERE concussion just hours prior to ripping through the entire Hop Wei. I mean yeah he's bad ass I get it but no way in hell this would've ended the way it did. Just my two cents!

Not to mention that the Hop Wei seems to be only comprised of a handful of members. Or at least conveniently when the epic fight breaks out. 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2023 at 2:20 PM, laagi said:

it's cool never give up GIF

Oh yeah I'm with you on that don't worry, it's just maybe they wanted to broaden it out to not just us. 

This is probably just a 'me' thing but I feel like most if not all of the characters in this show probably smell like ass.

A low level of hygiene. Everything feels dirty (sadly not the good kind).

Not a diss on the show, just how I envision that period to smell like (I've just handed you guys a joke).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

This is probably just a 'me' thing but I feel like most if not all of the characters in this show probably smell like ass.

A low level of hygiene. Everything feels dirty (sadly not the good kind).

Not a diss on the show, just how I envision that period to smell like (I've just handed you guys a joke).

I mean just look at the mayor walking into the brothel in the first episode only to go home and sit on his bed and force penny to get laid with him 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Or Eliza's husband getting laid behind her back only to go back to her. Nobody hardly bathes in this show except big Bill

• Haha 1

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but opposed to the "great" viewing numbers reported earlier. Rumours are starting to spread that S03 was acutally a bomb and I quote.

The fact that Warrior went from “maybe popular” on Cinemax to “anonymous” on Max seems notable too!

Well going "bigger" isn't always the best way to move forward. Netflix to the rescue :laugh 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CastleOfDeath said:

More Shannon Lee. And boobs. 

andre-the-giant-funny.gif

To the first part but.............

pimp.gif

............to the second part.

2 hours ago, CastleOfDeath said:

More Shannon Lee. And boobs. 

Not sure I wanna see Shannon topless but then again I might be in for a surprise.

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Not sure I wanna see Shannon topless but then again I might be in for a surprise.

I think she's hot personally. And she looks great for 54, I don't know if she's had a facelift or something but it doesn't look like it.

• Like 1

Shannon-Lee-Feet-3092266.jpg

She's got cleavage you could get lost in so............................

maybe-mayyybbee.gif

Edited by PandaPawPaw

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

She's got cleavage you could get lost in so............................

So does my butt doesn't make it hot :yociexpress03:

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

Do we think were gonna get season 4? 

When are we likely to hear?

As much as I dislike S03 I actually look forward to another season. I mean honestly what else is out there for us Martial Arts aficionados?!

My take is it'll be a good while to hear anything in regards to a possible renewal. Especially with the entire industry still in lock down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, laagi said:

So does my butt doesn't make it hot :yociexpress03:

As much as I dislike S03 I actually look forward to another season. I mean honestly what else is out there for us Martial Arts aficionados?!

My take is it'll be a good while to hear anything in regards to a possible renewal. Especially with the entire industry still in lock down.

booty-butt.gif

:rofl

• Confused 1