Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw
11 hours ago, laagi said:

doihavethesause GIF by Ski Mask The Slump God

I have no idea what he's doing but it looks like he's saying small penis so........................

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
On 8/4/2023 at 8:04 AM, laagi said:

Just putting this out there as a general statement since it's been bothering me this entire season.

What's up with the fights?! Is is just me or do they lack a certain "punch". All of the fights even the latest one have been super underwhelming thus far. There's a bit of blood and gore but it just all looks so staged. 

I miss the visceral violence of S01 & S02. I don't know S03 was of to a promising start but just doesn't feel right or even good for that matter.

Epsiode 8 certainly has been a step in the right direction but we're almost done. I'd really love to know what happened behind the scenes. Or was it HBO meddling in the production?

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!! I’ve been saying to my wife that something feels “off.” The action in the third season lacks the same energy the first two seasons had. They feel “empty.”

I enjoyed the big fight scene in episode 8 but even that felt less invigorating than those that came before it, in the first two seasons. Considering the show has the same action director, I’m wondering it’s a budget thing. Or maybe the new producers made a big change. I have no idea.

I find it increasingly frustrating though. I like the choreography a lot but something is surely lacking. If we do get a season 4, I hope they make the necessary changes.

Regarding episode 8, it was great. It added to the story a LOT and he gave us some decent action. Good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

13 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I find it increasingly frustrating though. I like the choreography a lot but something is surely lacking. If we do get a season 4, I hope they make the necessary changes.

Rumor's been spreading the show will get canned after this... I hope not. Especially after this weak ass season :laugh

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

See getting rid of the lesbian angle destroyed the show!

Funny how Shannon was in this season and it's the worst one..............

Just saying. :wink

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drunken Monk
12 hours ago, laagi said:

Rumor's been spreading the show will get canned after this... I hope not. Especially after this weak ass season :laugh

The fact that it was canceled after the superb second season and struggled to be brought back to life, makes me think they’ll bin it after this rather questionable third season.

With that said, it has been MAX’s number one show, so maybe it’ll be renewed. If it is, let’s just hope someone addresses the action.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm going to agree that this season is solid but doesn't live up to the standards of the first two seasons. I'm really annoyed by how little Ah Sahm does this season and this romance feels forced for me. Same with Hong. Two characters that spent a total of two seasons of kicking ass... Only to have these dumb romantic scenes overtake their presence on the show. For crying out loud, somehow we have the Mayor who does more than these two characters and he's just getting his socks rocked by some lady who's manipulating him. Everything else is great so far but come on- it's like having a season of Kung Fu that doesn't revolve around Kwai Chang Caine

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Also anyone have predictions for next episode? Judging by the trailer, I feel...

Spoiler

* Yan Mi is going to get arrested which is why Ah Sahm is in the Police Station

* Father Jun might pass away seeing that everyone has a moment of silence in the Hop Wei HQ

*The alliance between Leary and Strickland is gonna crumble as Leary wants to protect the Irish workers

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 3:18 PM, Ah_Tao said:

Also anyone have predictions for next episode? Judging by the trailer, I feel...

Reveal hidden contents

* Yan Mi is going to get arrested which is why Ah Sahm is in the Police Station

* Father Jun might pass away seeing that everyone has a moment of silence in the Hop Wei HQ

*The alliance between Leary and Strickland is gonna crumble as Leary wants to protect the Irish workers

What are this weeks lottery numbers..................

A good but also sad episode. I still don't know how they will wrap all these stories up in 1 episode.

Spoiler

The bar stomp thing was fucking brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Also I just realised the Hop Wei are just the Axe Gang. :D

kung-fu-hustle-axe-gang.gif

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

I don't think one epsiode will elevate this season above mediocrity. 

However let's start with the positive for this weeks episode.

We finally get the first REAL fight of the entire season and to my surprise Leary is the one to deliver. And what a fight that was Jesus Christ! If I wouldn't know any better the man has some serious anger issues.

Father Jun and Young Jun shared this seasons most emotional scene.

Spoiler

Very well acted and ultimately satisfying ending.

Spoiler

Bill is finally back in action.

Altough the whole shortcut on how it came to be was less than satisfying but honestly who cares.

Now on to the bad. I think finally all the sub plots start to crumble or in other words start to show how pointless some of them are.

Lai is another character that just got totally wasted.

Spoiler

Her fight had good potential but for whatever reason the producers just left it half-baked and even cut her untimely end. 

Hong is doing god knows what and in stark contrast to Father/Young Jun, deliverd one of the most embarassing performances of this season. Guy gets to finally flex his acting muscles and falls flat on his nose. I couldn't help but laugh on how poorly that entire scene was delivered!

Leary blowing up in Strickland's face also seemingly came out of nowhere but at least it gave us this ONE good fight!

I don't even wanna mention Ah Sahm tbh. Yeah I get it where they're going with his romance but damn am I tired of it. They guy's been doing literally nothing for the entire 9 epsiodes now.

One last thing to all those shills on social media which claimed that the last three episodes will make this season all worth while. FUCK YOU! There I said it. I doubt these people even watched the first two seasons or else they wouldn't be able to spew such BS.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

4 minutes ago, laagi said:

Not angry but annoyed that the producers (whoever they are) managed to basically ruin Warrior for me :yociexp76:

Parts of it feel like it's been made by different people. One minute it feels like The Warrior I know then it goes all shit and becomes a different show.

I'm still bummed out by how Mark was totally wasted! :angry

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, laagi said:

All I fucking wanted was some knockers and bloody violence. Is that too much to ask for nowadays :yociexpress06:

MisguidedThornyIguana-size_restricted.gi

Got the Knockers sorted.

Oh you mean...............

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

I didn't even get to watch this episode yet and i could honestly say the "romance" this season seemed to wear it down. I really don't like how we're supposed to pretend that Penny doesn't exist anymore and just buy into this romance out of nowhere- all while Ah Sahm does virtually nothing else except kick some Long Zii ass and move a printer down a rainy calle. There's hardly any sticky and fight scenes- so what was the purpose of this season?

• Like 2

I googled series 1&2 for knockers as it'd been a looooooong time since I saw it and I had forgotten how much nudity was in it!

Joanna Vanderham/Penelope Blake was hawwwwwt!

Something seriously changed BTS then as everything got toned down so much!

This season seems to be more about the guys getting it on which I'm sure @laagi is happy with but I want more tatty bojangles.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, laagi said:

tv land buddy dobbs GIF by #Impastor

butt-stuff.gif

2 minutes ago, laagi said:

If the last episode is gonna turn out to be "all bark no bite" yet AGAIN. I'm gonna fucking riot!

Who's dying this ep? I reckon counterfeit girl (good) or ma girl Chengers! (bad).

Only Nicky Shen can save Warrior! :D:D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Trivia: The Irish bar is named "The Banshee." Series creator and writer, Jonathan Trooper, also created and wrote the TV series "Banshee", which also aired on Cinemax. Both series also starred Hoon Lee and had episodes directed by Loni Peristere."

Full of knowledge I am. :D