Justin Lin's WARRIOR (2019) – based on an idea by Bruce Lee

mpm74

Last two episodes were lacking in action but the story progression kept me invested, still. It was nice seeing 

Spoiler

Shannon Lee make an appearance at the end of episode 6 doing a bit of acting and even a brief of moment of fighting alongside Andrew Koji, Jason Tobin and Perry Yung.

Here's hoping the last three episodes of the season will conclude with more action scenes.

• Like 2

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laagi

• PandaPawPaw

• Drunken Monk

• DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, laagi said:

Megan Mullally Flirt GIF by Will & Grace

What were we talking about again........................

RewardingCoordinatedAdamsstaghornedbeetl

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

I really liked the episode and gotta say the Ah Sahm and Leary scene was my favorite part. I really don't like the buildup to the wedge between two characters towards the end. I'm really not feeling it at all. And wheres Marc?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

And wheres Marc?

Yeah it's really weird how the producers seemingly just sideline certain characters which seem to play a vital role to the story. Honestly I've already forgotten about Mark so did I about other characters. Not sure that's really a good thing. Definitely shows the weakness of the script or story in general this season.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Has something behind production changed. I remember watching S1/2 and they were more hard hitting and had much better story telling.

This series is a bit all over the place though I do like the stuff with Young Jun and his father.

Mark being in it has been pointless and such a waste.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Has something behind production changed. I remember watching S1/2 and they were more hard hitting and had much better story telling.

Don't quote me on this but I did a quick google search. Interestingly most of the producers of the first two seasons haven't returned. Also and take this with a grain of salt a lot of this season's producers are female. Draw your own conclusions here.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
58 minutes ago, laagi said:

Don't quote me on this but I did a quick google search. Interestingly most of the producers of the first two seasons haven't returned. Also and take this with a grain of salt a lot of this season's producers are female. Draw your own conclusions here.

No wonder Ah Sahm got given that lame ass romance storyline.............

.........and the hot ass RaiCheng got dissolved!

It all makes sense now!

:tongueout

• Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

I quite enjoyed episode 7. It didn’t actually do a lot but it gave us some nice character work, including a possible “out” for Ah Sahm, should he choose to escape with his new lady friend. Unlikely though it is.

Weirdly, I just can’t see the show wrapping up every character’s story in three episodes. It seems like some stories are just starting! It does make the show even more intriguing though.

Still needs more violence and nudity.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
8 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

You guys are thirsty as hell 🤣🤣🤣

I’m less thirsty and more a “titty connoisseur.”

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

PandaPawPaw
21 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m less thirsty and more a “titty connoisseur.”

man-boobs.gif

Whatever floats yer boat. :D

• Confused 1

Back on topic for once...

Episode 8 was solid. I'd go as far as saying probably the best so far. It finally (somewhat) offered that sweet mix of violence, character and sticky we've all got accustomed to during S01 & S02.

Unfortunately S03 seems to be also the season of BUT(T) (that one's for you @PandaPawPaw). For every great thing there's also a downside at least IMHO.

Spoiler

The untimely demise of Kong Pak is not only way too soon, since we got barely any time to get invested with the character not to mention the brotherhood between him and Li Yong. It also somehow shows that for whatever reason producers don't seem to know what to do with the talents of Mark Dacascos which at this point is nothing short of infuriating! At least he got to go out with a bang of sorts.

As for our hero, Ah Sahm is pretty much on standby this season. Probably just waiting for all out war within the Tong. Still it gets increasingly annoying to see the focus almost entirely on his romance with the printer. I'm aware it's probably all set up for the aforementioned. Still doesn't do Ah Sahm much justice.

Another story arch which is a bit of a hit and miss is Father Jun. It certainly had its moments but now with him just becoming a vegetable it only seems to serve Young Jun's increasing fury (mistrust) towards Ah Sahm.

Two episodes left and they either go out with a big bang or a big meh. I'm leaning towards the latter unless they manage to surprise me.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw
Spoiler

Alright fight scene but Mark was wasted in this. Why bother having him in it!

Good-ish episode but there's still too much going on.

I'm really finding hard to care about anyone as everything moves too fast.

Ah Sahm romance stuff is so meh! I really don't give a shit. They're so boring!

I really do like the Young Jun/father stuff though.

1.jpg.4af6d5882d8b3d4ff2231d2b980da4dd.jpg

Chengers was great in this. Her beating up those guys was awesome!

I actually wouldn't care if this was the last series tbh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Chengers was great in this. Her beating up those guys was awesome!

Killing more likely "I hate Weddings!" :Ayociexp119:

• Like 1

Latest episode was far more satisfying in terms of everything. More spiciness this time around, with things picking up. But as already mentioned, I was surprised (disappointingly, sadly) when 

Spoiler

Kong Pak got killed off this soon. Guess they needed him merely to set up a scenario later on where Long Zii eventually goes down due to a fall-out between Yi Long and Mai Ling (does this mean she will finally team up with her brother?). Oh well, at least Mark Dacascos got to fight Joe Taslim again!

Overall, I loved episode 8. It's two episodes left for the season so they better add more spiciness, bring it on!

• Like 2

Just putting this out there as a general statement since it's been bothering me this entire season.

What's up with the fights?! Is is just me or do they lack a certain "punch". All of the fights even the latest one have been super underwhelming thus far. There's a bit of blood and gore but it just all looks so staged. 

I miss the visceral violence of S01 & S02. I don't know S03 was of to a promising start but just doesn't feel right or even good for that matter.

Epsiode 8 certainly has been a step in the right direction but we're almost done. I'd really love to know what happened behind the scenes. Or was it HBO meddling in the production?

• Like 3