Kung Fury (2015) - Full Movie Available to View in Post #10

xianzai

b3709978c04590d27247a9cc9affc581_large.jpg?1388001109

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury (for trailer and more info)

"KUNG FURY is an over-the-top action comedy written and directed by David Sandberg. The movie features: arcade-robots, dinosaurs, nazis, vikings, norse gods, mutants and a super kung fu-cop called Kung Fury, all wrapped up in an 80s style action packed adventure."

Seems like a very worthy project to back!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! I just wish it was more "old school" (lessen up on the effects and green screen). But then again, that's the director's fortay… either way, great to see some talent getting the break they deserve. Love the 80s vibe, especially that logo that needs its tracking "adjusted".

BTW, there always was a Kung Fury…. =D

kung-fury.JPG

Looks great! I just wish it was more "old school" (lessen up on the effects and green screen).
If they hit the million dollar mark, they'll try to make a real movie.

Good find WRT the poster; hopefully there won't be rights issues for the new movie.

whitesnake

Couldn't find a thread for Kung Fury, a movieshort that is being screened at Cannes this month.

Here's the Kickstarter movie trailer

72RqpItxd8M

and the new David Hasselhoff music video

ZTidn2dBYbY

"Cannes: Behold the Cheesy Glory of '80s Homage 'Kung Fury'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-2015-behold-cheesy-glory-795374

whitesnake

El Rey Network is showing Kung Fury on Thursday, May 28, 6:30 pm ET, 5:30 pm Central.

This will have its Australian premiere at the Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace cinema in Sydney on June 5th. Tickets are $10 which includes a free beer, what more do you want!? Details below -

http://www.orpheum.com.au/wp-cinema/movie/OKUNGFURY/KUNG+FURY+-+AUSTRALIAN+PREMIERE/

Might see if I can make this, sounds like a fun way to spend an evening.

I thought it was alright. I don't usually support this kind of apologetic comedy tributes (too afraid to do the real thing) but this was pretty catchy and had me laughing especially during the early scenes. It works surprisingly well visually, and I dug the hero. The problem is mainly that it crams three movies worth of content into 30 minutes; just focusing on 80s cop stuff would've been nicer. Oh, and I don't know if this works for Americans and other non-Europeans, but the hilarious moustache scene proved quite a brain twister. I missed half of subtitles when I was trying to figure out what fucking language are they speaking? Swedish? Norwegian? German? Danish? Nope. Swedish-English-German-Gibberish.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The best part is the music. I truly wish Hasselhoff was in this movie instead of just doing the video but by then, they were already finished with production. I went out and bought the vinyl.

Glad I backed this and spread the word. It was much better than I expected/than the trailer. Not perfect by any means, but a lot of fun.

Totally Awesome 80s homage. Even with cgi this felt more like a throwback exploitation b movie than Rodriquez or Tarantinos grind house efforts(which I liked). For me, I will personally check for anything Sandberg makes(he'd kill an 80s slasher film) after watching this.

blue_skies
Totally Awesome 80s homage. Even with cgi this felt more like a throwback exploitation b movie than Rodriquez or Tarantinos grind house efforts(which I liked). For me, I will personally check for anything Sandberg makes(he'd kill an 80s slasher film) after watching this.

I just stumbled upon this on You Tube and thought it was great fun. Are they planning on making a sequel? I have to agree with you while I was watching this I was thinking about all the millions spent by Rodriguez and Tarantino and this was so much more enjoyable.

By the way was I the only one watching this thinking Sandberg is the spitting image of Loren Avedon?

By the way was I the only one watching this thinking Sandberg is the spitting image of Loren Avedon?

I don't know about Loren Avedon, but he reminded me of Jason David Frank with a Loren Avedon NRNS2-hairstyle complete with red headband :wink:

blue_skies
I don't know about Loren Avedon, but he reminded me of Jason David Frank with a Loren Avedon NRNS2-hairstyle complete with red headband :wink:

That must be it. :smile:

Just caught this on Netflix. Pretty funny! Nice retro take with a few things that were not really a part of the 80`s thrown in. 

Archived