Shanghai Dawn (2016?) – Jackie Chan

mpm74

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I honestly didn't expect this. Jackie's got his plate full for the next few years! Mind you, for my money the market fight in Knights was his best for some time, so if he can bring the same creativity and energy to this then I can't wait!

I think the sequel had been mentioned as a possibility a few years ago. And yes, he certainly does have his plate full.

Well I honestly didn't expect this. Jackie's got his plate full for the next few years! Mind you, for my money the market fight in Knights was his best for some time, so if he can bring the same creativity and energy to this then I can't wait!

Agreed! I really like the Shanghai movies and Knights is the closest thing Jackie's done to a genuine JC movie in Hollywood. He and Wilson have awesome chemistry.

massa_yoda

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has love for these movies. The writers mentioned in the audio commentary for Knights that they already had an ending planned for Dawn. I always wanted to see what their plan was and hopefully now I will.

I agree Chan and Wilson have great chemistry, in fact in many way I prefer Wilson to Tucker, he just comes across as more likeable. I wonder where they'll set it this time round? We've had China and London, here's hoping for Indonesia so Jackie can face off against Iko Uwais, or Thailand so he can fight Tony Jaa finally! We can dream...

According to Jackie Chans IMDB page, the third movie in this series has been announced. There's also a sequel to Karate Kid according to the site, and rumours of a fourth Rush Hour?.

Bleeding Steel, Ex Baghdad, and Five Against A Bullit sound more interesting than the sequels mentioned above, to me at least.

Archived