Has anyone seen any other action series from around the world?

AlbertV

I'm sort of curious if anyone has seen any other action-oriented series from anywhere other than the U.S.and China/Hong Kong, since that's the majority of stuff we have seen and posted about. I have this free app on my XBox360 called Viki, which is like a global TV-movie app that plays TV series, movies, and news from various parts of the world.

I started watching a Filipino superhero series from 2009 called Darna. Doing my research, Darna is to the Philippines as Superman is to the U.S. The 2009 series is I think the fifth series adaptation of the character and it is about a crippled young woman who works at an orphanage who before birth was destined to revive the spirit of the legendary superheroine Darna (created in 1947 by the late Mars Ravelo). She has to swallow a stone and yell "Darna" to transform and she fights all sorts of demons and villains. I am only up to episode 14, but the series is in English and Tagalog with English subs.

qg4MMmSiEnM

So I am just wondering if anyone has seen any other action series from other parts of the world besides the U.S. and China/HK. I never really seen any Korean series, but that might change sometime soon. And Japanese TV wise, I've only watched mainly Super Sentai and a few J-Dramas.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived