Bruce Lee Father Of Martial Arts Cinema Documentary 2015

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

A new Bruce Lee documentary.

f-d03o3Rhco

Published on Apr 6, 2015

Bruce Lee is universally recognized as the pioneer who elevated martial arts in film to an art form, and this documentary will reveal why Bruce Lee's flame burns brighter now than the day he died over three decades ago. The greatest martial artists, athletes, actors, directors, and producers in the entertainment business today will share their feelings about the one who started it all. We will interview the people whose lives, careers, and belief systems were forever altered by the legendary "Father of Martial Arts Cinema". Rarely seen archival footage and classic photos will punctuate the personal testimonials. Prepare to be inspired.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Nothing to see here....move along....

I never said it was great.....same old same old....but one can gain more insights on Bruce Lee's life and teachings, which to me is always valuable.

GD Y-Y

There is always something to see especially for the folks who are new to the genre/just starting out.

Phantom Dreamer
There is always something to see especially for the folks who are new to the genre/just starting out.

Yeah, but does this documentary break any new ground and say what hasn't been said already?

DragonClaws
Yeah, but does this documentary break any new ground and say what hasn't been said already?

Looking at the documentary briefly it appears to be a re-titling of How Bruce Lee Changed The World?.

We (some of us) knows that there is nothing new there/to see.

But like I previously said there are people who are new to the genre who may find this useful.

I have a co-working who is/was just starting out and he had never seen a Bruce Lee movie in its entirety - all he have seen were clips. He actually thought that some of the clones movies were real Bruce movies....until I set him straight and gave him Bruce's movies as a gift and explained to him the situation behind Game Of Death.

I went on to show him some Sammo's stuff & now this guy is hooked on the genre.

I think that sometime people forget that this site is not just for the (well) informed but also for the folks who are starting out, looking for guidance, getting/sharing info, want to expand their (movie) horizon, et al.

We cannot just dismiss something just because we know all about it - it may not be useful to us but could be useful to the next person.

DragonClaws
We (some of us) knows that there is nothing new there/to see.

But like I previously said there are people who are new to the genre who may find this useful.

I have a co-working who is/was just starting out and he had never seen a Bruce Lee movie in its entirety - all he have seen were clips. He actually thought that some of the clones movies were real Bruce movies....until I set him straight and gave him Bruce's movies as a gift and explained to him the situation behind Game Of Death.

I went on to show him some Sammo's stuff & now this guy is hooked on the genre.

I think that sometime people forget that this site is not just for the (well) informed but also for the folks who are starting out, looking for guidance, getting/sharing info, want to expand their (movie) horizon, et al.

We cannot just dismiss something just because we know all about it - it may not be useful to us but could be useful to the next person.

Good points, I don't think there is going to be a documentary that reveals anymore than we already know. The Bruce Lee estate has a tighter grip on things now. There isn't much chance of another Death By Misadventure style documentary.

I don't think the above doc is new it appears to be a re-titling of How Bruce Lee Changed The World. Ive only seen the trailer for that doc so I'm not 100% sure?.

Good points, I don't think there is going to be a documentary that reveals anymore than we already know. The Bruce Lee estate has a tighter grip on things now. There isn't much chance of another Death By Misadventure style documentary.

I don't think the above doc is new it appears to be a re-titling of How Bruce Lee Changed The World. Ive only seen the trailer for that doc so I'm not 100% sure?.

It sure does look like a re-titling.

Yep, don't think that there will be any docu that will reveal "new" info........unless certain people allow it to happen/authorize it or "open" up or unless Bruce himself come back from the dead but don't think that may happen.

DragonClaws
It sure does look like a re-titling.

Yep, don't think that there will be any docu that will reveal "new" info........unless certain people allow it to happen/authorize it or "open" up or unless Bruce himself come back from the dead but don't think that may happen.

Know one wants to risk a lawsuit for making a program about Bruce Lee that looks beyond the public image/myth. It's just a shame that some of the people who have spent years researching the subject cant share their findings.

Know one wants to risk a lawsuit for making a program about Bruce Lee that looks beyond the public image/myth. It's just a shame that some of the people who have spent years researching the subject cant share their findings.

absolutely however this doc so far is pretty interesting. nevertheless bruce had many facets of him some known and some not known.

Well, at least the Lee family is convinced that their version of the story is the correct one. :tongue:

Think that I have seen this before, so I would say that it is not new. Anyways, it is a nice overview for the new people. Everyone has to start somewhere. Sad though that there is a lot of information that has been swept under the rug and will continue to be. Oh well.

Phantom Dreamer

Well, how did Duncan Alexander McKenzie manage to write The Death of Bruce Lee: A Clinical Investigation without the Estate putting a stop to it?

DragonClaws
Well, how did Duncan Alexander McKenzie manage to write The Death of Bruce Lee: A Clinical Investigation without the Estate putting a stop to it?

Having not read the book I cant comment on that one much. The estate must have had no problem with the books content. Which leads me to believe it doesn't reveal anything new. But having not read the book or talked to the author I cant really say for sure.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

It is GOOD to see the positivity come out of this discussion.

Once again its all been said about Bruce but as is well stated for the newbies it would seem very interesting stuff.

GD Y-Y

Archived