Chuck Norris' An Eye For An Eye coming to blu ray

Bruce

Pre Cannon Chuck Norris classic (of a sort) An Eye For An Eye hits blu ray June 15! Widescreen & featuring a commentary track with director Steve Carver! I know it's not exactly the best martial arts film ever but it's a nostalgic favorite for me, I'm looking forward to it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

I have a soft spot for Eye For An Eye it was one of the first few Norris films I watched. Nice cast too Mako, Profffesor Toru Tanaka & Christopher Lee.

Didn't Arrow films release The Octagon on Blu-Ray?. They released a superb looking print of The Octagon & A Force Of One on DVD in the U.K with extras.

I kind of liked Silent Rage, too. The idea, a martial arts trained good guy/sheriff vs an unstoppable homicidal maniac/slasher, was a good one even if the execution wasn't as good as it could've been (the killer, Brian Libby [?], just wasn't very scary). I'd like to see it released on blu ray, hopefully with at least a commentary track from the director.

The Octagon blu ray has been the best of the Chuck Norris blu rays released so far, it's too bad Chuck himself apparently has no interest in being involved in any of the special features for his movies. Oh well, we take what we can get, I guess.

DragonClaws
I kind of liked Silent Rage, too. The idea, a martial arts trained good guy/sheriff vs an unstoppable homicidal maniac/slasher, was a good one even if the execution wasn't as good as it could've been (the killer, Brian Libby [?], just wasn't very scary). I'd like to see it released on blu ray, hopefully with at least a commentary track from the director.

The Octagon blu ray has been the best of the Chuck Norris blu rays released so far, it's too bad Chuck himself apparently has no interest in being involved in any of the special features for his movies. Oh well, we take what we can get, I guess.

I had a VHS box set that contained Silent Rage and it's one of my favorite Chuck Norri films. Brian Libby wasn't the best choice but I didn't mind his performance. One of my gripes was the sidekick they gave Norris who was pretty annoying. Loved the scene where Chuck takes on the bikers in the bar. The idea of the unstoppable Killing machine was pretty decent. They used a similar idea in Hero & The Terror.

DragonClaws
Can't wait for this. Been wanting it for years. Sure took them long enough to finally release it.

Here's the Amazon link for The Octagon.

http://www.amazon.com/Octagon-Blu-ray-widescreen-Chuck-Norris/dp/B00FVJ5N52/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1431082494&sr=1-1&keywords=the+octagon

I thought Arrow released Octagon on BR & I'm sure they released A Force Of One also.

ShaOW!linDude
I thought Arrow released Octagon on BR & I'm sure they released A Force Of One also.

Hmm, I don't know, dude. That's the only Blu-ray I pull up, but there are guys on here who are far better at finding stuff than I am.

There's a R2 Blu-ray of A Force of One on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Force-One-Blu-ray/dp/B0084D12UC/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1431281079&sr=1-3&keywords=a+force+of+one+blu+ray

Honestly, I'm less concerned about Blu-ray quality. Standard dvds usually suit me fine. I just want a good WS print. That's what drove me crazy about The Octagon for years. Every other Norris film was WS, but it was FS. Finally, that's been rectified.

DragonClaws
Hmm, I don't know, dude. That's the only Blu-ray I pull up, but there are guys on here who are far better at finding stuff than I am.

There's a R2 Blu-ray of A Force of One on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Force-One-Blu-ray/dp/B0084D12UC/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1431281079&sr=1-3&keywords=a+force+of+one+blu+ray

Honestly, I'm less concerned about Blu-ray quality. Standard dvds usually suit me fine. I just want a good WS print. That's what drove me crazy about The Octagon for years. Every other Norris film was WS, but it was FS. Finally, that's been rectified.

I have a BR player but don't buy every release on the format. Assumed those BR's were released in the U.S too. Optimum released a nice version of Eye For Eye on DVD here in Britain.

Arrow never released The Octagon or A Force Of One on uk BD.Anchor Bay did.Scorpion released The Octagon on USA BD. Good Guys Waer Black is available on BD from Australia.

DragonClaws
Arrow never released The Octagon or A Force Of One on uk BD.Anchor Bay did.Scorpion released The Octagon on USA BD. Good Guys Waer Black is available on BD from Australia.

Thanks Saltysam.

Archived