John Wick 2 (2016)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

While it was already rumored that a sequel had been given the go ahead for Keanu Reeves to deliver another round of vengeance, today The Wrap made if official.

It was announced that not only will Reeves be returning for the sequel, but directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, as well as screenwriter Derek Kolstad, are also all onboard.

This is great news, as it means that unlike 'Taken 2', which was given a bigger budget and handed over to a director who couldn't film an action scene if his life depended on it, 'John Wick 2' is remaining in the hands of Leitch and Stahelski, who know how to deliver the goods.

Full article is here -

http://www.thewrap.com/keanu-reeves-original-filmmakers-returning-for-john-wick-2/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Best film news I;ve heard in a while. W knows, this could start of a trend of - God forbid - well made Hollywood action movies!

One Armed Boxer

All I ask is that they lose the repetition of Marilyn Manson's 'Killing Strangers' track, and I'll be a happy guy. Loved 'John Wick', but I found the use of this song to be quite intrusive, hope they go for a fully composed score for the second round.

& this is never going to happen, but how cool would it be to have a crossover movie in which John Wick and Won Bin's character from 'The Man from Nowhere' team-up?

Update:

Filming will begin in the next few months in New York City.

David Leitch will be stepping away from the director's chair, leaving Chad Stahelski to go solo as the director of the sequel. Leitch will stay on as executive producer.

J.J. Perry will be the film's action choreographer this time around. Reeves has been training extensively in Brazilian Jujitsu for the film.

Big rumor that Reeves' good friend, Tiger Chen, may be appearing in the film...cryptic posts on Tiger's Facebook page. 

John Wick 2 will begin production within the next few months in New York City. Chad Stahelski will be going solo in the director's chair while David Leitch will serve as executive producer. J.J. Perry is taking over as the sequel's action director.

As for Keanu Reeves, he's been training extensively with the Machado Brothers in Brazilian Jiujitsu for the film and he may have a good friend appear in the film...someone named Tiger Chen. 

Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black), Riccardo Scamarcio, and Peter Stormare have also joined the cast of John Wick 2, currently in production in New York, which shooting to switch to Rome later. 

Returning from the original film are John Leguizamo, Bridget Moynahan, Tom Sadowski, and Lance Reddick.

I hope John Leguizamo gets a bit more screen time in this one. Dude's so underrated!

He posted this on his Facebook account yesterday –

My character is back #JohnWick2

11222627_10152996427176324_3155863143756

that is piss poor.

was looking forward to seeing this on the big screen but personally speaking I hate this self censorship and I'll just wait for the BD.

12 hours ago, Karlos said:

was looking forward to seeing this on the big screen but personally speaking I hate this self censorship and I'll just wait for the BD.

Feel exactly the same, why pay the steep U.K cinema prices for a watered down version. For the sake of profit they've cut the film, just to get a few more teenagers through the door.

From CBR:

“Chapter 2” director, Chad Stahelski, along with screenwriter Derek Kolstad are brimming with ideas set within John Wick’s hitman universe, including an idea for a prequel television series.

“We basically almost have a prequel written, but we’d save that for other aspects of the property. Lions gate is very interested in doing a ‘John Wick’ TV show, and that seems very appealing to us,” Stahelski told Slashfilm. “I think in TV you could really expand on what that is, and greater than we could in just a two-hour film. We’d like to wrap-up the story we’re telling now and maybe save all our prequel ideas and impossible task ideas for that medium.”

As for wrapping up the story they’re currently telling, if all goes as planned, Stahelski says we can expect a Final Chapter film entry in the future, with expanded roles for Ian McShane, Lance Reddick and John Leguizamo.

2 hours ago, Karlos said:

“We basically almost have a prequel written, but we’d save that for other aspects of the property. Lions gate is very interested in doing a ‘John Wick’ TV show, and that seems very appealing to us,” Stahelski told Slashfilm. “I think in TV you could really expand on what that is, and greater than we could in just a two-hour film. We’d like to wrap-up the story we’re telling now and maybe save all our prequel ideas and impossible task ideas for that medium.”

Sounds very similar to what they have done with the Taken series starring Clive Mantle.

Did anybody catch David Patrick Kelly in the film? SPOILER he's on the imdb cast list but I didn't notice him in the film? Anybody think we'll get a directors/extended cut or just deleted scenes?

Archived