Shinobi - Heart Under Blade

Guest Ms Wendy Wu

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

I hate to say it Ms. Wendy Wu, but I hated this movie maybe I need to watch it again, but there was such a big buzz/hype for this movie and I thought it was total garbage.

I liked it. I thought it was noticeably influenced by the recent spate of Marvel comics movies--it felt very much like a medieval Japanese version of X-Men to me.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Sounds interesting, thanks Wendy. I'll check this film out when I get the chance. I'm starting to to get into alot of Ninja themed films lately, and some romance included isn't bad either. ;)

Guest Daisho2004

"Chinatown Kid" I was waiting to see this movie because of all the hype and I was sooooooooo disappointed it was garbage, it did have a good storyline but that is where it ended, the CGI was way over the topic and to compare it to a Marvel movie that is not even close by a long shot, but as can see Ms. Wendy Wu really liked it so it really is just a matter of opinion.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
I was waiting to see this movie because of all the hype and I was sooooooooo disappointed it was garbage

Thats a bit harsh. But as always its a matter of taste. I thought it was good, of course it coulda been better. But it was much better than "Red Shadow" & "Azumi 2". I really enjoyed the action sequences. Especially the cool ninja weapons and the way they incorperated the CGI. (I can see how Wendy Wu compared it to an X-Men flick) Coulda done with more action (as always) and less drama. But it was kinda like a ninja Romeo & Juliet type of story. And thats thats the way they marketed the film. So I wasnt expecting something different that what they delivered. I didnt have great expectations of this film, but was pleasantly suprised.

rewatched it the other weekend and im (still) partial to the movie.

nothing brilliant, but quite competent. feat. some cool ninja characters putting the latest batch of x-men to shame.

one of the few MA movies my gf doesnt jet the instant she finds me watching it.

Archived