When The Last Sword is Drawn (2002)

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune

I was thinking about picking this movie up after i read a review on it. Is it worth buying? If so, what is the best release i should go for? Any help would be great :P

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I bought it, and I thought it was a great film. The R1 disc is good, but I believe it only features mono Japanese audio. The import version I have has a great 5.1 surround Japanese audio track. But I think its out of print now.

Yes it is very good, if not a little to over winded for it's own good(thought it could of trimmed off 10-15 min,) more of a throw back to Japan's Golden cinema, if you liked Yoji Yamada's trilogy(Twilight Samurai ect) you'll dig this, classic Shinsengumi - fall of the Tokugawa story.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:29 AM, Tosh said:

Yes it is very good, if not a little to over winded for it's own good(thought it could of trimmed off 10-15 min,) more of a throw back to Japan's Golden cinema, if you liked Yoji Yamada's trilogy(Twilight Samurai ect) you'll dig this, classic Shinsengumi - fall of the Tokugawa story.

Totally agree! One of my modern samurai favorites!

Speaking of TWILIGHT SAMURAI, that is also one my ALL-TIME favorites!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Another film I've owned since it was released on DVD, yet still haven't watched yet. :thinking

I've got to check it out.

TWILIGHT SAMURAI rates a 10 for me. I bought it from HKFLIX, and watched it with my wife the day of the Academy Awards in 2004 because it had been nominated for Best Foreign Film. It didn't win the award (THE BARBARIAN INVASIONS received the honor), but it won us over in a big way!

20 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Another film I've owned since it was released on DVD, yet still haven't watched yet. :thinking

:eek:

20 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

It didn't win the award (THE BARBARIAN INVASIONS received the honor), but it won us over in a big way!

:yociexp76:WTF!!!!!

Archived