The New Wave of Ultra-Violent Ugandan DIY Action Cinema: Wakaliwood

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Entertaining piece on Ugandan action cinema, from a guy who loves kung-fu movies! Some of these need a distributor in the US! -

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently found some Nollywood (Nigerian) films on Youtube, including one that has a similar title to a kung fu classic: Snake in the Monkey Shadow. (Going to watch it this weekend ;))

These are all quite interesting. There should be some sort of box-set that should be released just for the hell of it :)

I have seen some of the Nigerian & Cameroon action movies and some are pretty good & hilarious.

One of them "Dangerous Men" was an entertaining movie - not a good movie but an entertaining movie.

5FE-tCN7w-0

The African stores I pass by do have African movies on display in their window, one of these days I will give some a try.

Kwok Choi
Entertaining piece on Ugandan action cinema, from a guy who loves kung-fu movies! Some of these need a distributor in the US! -

sy0OOVTmsJI

Awesome!!! :bigsmile: I am impressed and inspired. Kung Fu movies at Africana Cinema eh? Well I can tell stories all day long about those kind of events in my neck of the wood.Bring back the good old golden days eh?

Archived