Dragon Ball Super - 1st anime series in 18 years!

AlbertV

Anime News Network made the announcement that Akira Toriyama has officially created a new Dragon Ball series that will premiere on Fuji TV in Japan this July.

The title? Dragon Ball Super. It will be set a few years after the Majin Buu story arc from what the link says.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

I'm a casual DB fan and it sounds nice, though I wonder what opponent they could get if he's supposed to be stronger than Buu or Freeza (isn't he one of the first major enemies in the series ? I would have thought he'd weaker than Cell or Buu) - and unless it retcons DB GT, Goku shouldn't be able to go beyond the second or third Super Sayan form (the one with long hair that he turned into to defeat Buu). :squigglemouth:

I'm a casual DB fan and it sounds nice, though I wonder what opponent they could get if he's supposed to be stronger than Buu or Freeza (isn't he one of the first major enemies in the series ? I would have thought he'd weaker than Cell or Buu) - and unless it retcons DB GT, Goku shouldn't be able to go beyond the second or third Super Sayan form (the one with long hair that he turned into to defeat Buu). :squigglemouth:

They could easily get a stronger opponent as they did in the most recent DBZ animated movie. If it does or doesn't retcon GT (which I'm not sure is canon as it was not created by Toriyama) Goku could still use the Super Saiyan God form from the last DBZ movie.

If I remember correctly, the most recent and upcoming animated DBZ movies are considered canon so it wouldn't surprise me if they were used to fill in some of the time period between Z and Super. Or they will probably at least be referenced in some way.

Here's how Goku will look in the upcoming manga version, which will launch on June 20, with the series premiering in July.

dragon-ball-super-goku-top-136888.jpg

Teaser trailer - the series premieres July 5 on Fuji TV

QinoGlZP_V4

Two new characters will be introduced in this series, God of Destruction Beerus and Whis

screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-2.56.50-pm.png.jpg

screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-2.57.03-pm.png.jpg

Archived