Ex-Machina (2015) - Best Movie of the Year

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

I've seen it three times already so you know where I stand on this. Bout to go for a fourth time, tying it with The Raid 2 and Kill Bill as the most viewed movie at the theaters(Ex-Machina is better than those two movies). Alex Garland, who wrote 28 days later and Sunshine is at helm as director, I'll leave it at that.

KdizDPahx50

Ex-Machina-cast-banner.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

I get what Alex and the cast / story were trying to do, but outside of Oscar's blue beard moments, I was not a fan. I prefer when Alex tackles licensed characters (Dredd was fantastic.)

That said, I get why people lost their marbles over this and it is good to see a character driven genre film make such waves. I won't complain if this cleans up at the Oscars. I hope this inspires more filmmakers go back to stories about character rather than spectacle.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I get what Alex and the cast / story were trying to do, but outside of Oscar's blue beard moments, I was not a fan. I prefer when Alex tackles licensed characters (Dredd was fantastic.)

That said, I get why people lost their marbles over this and it is good to see a character driven genre film make such waves. I won't complain if this cleans up at the Oscars. I hope this inspires more filmmakers go back to stories about character rather than spectacle.

I agree, hope more films like this get out in the spotlight. Would be cool to see this win some recognition.

This was a great movie, Opium.

Love Oscar Isaac is everything I've seen him in!

Still my favorite of 2015 so far.

Drunken Monk

I'd agree with you, Opium. Definitely the best film 2015 has had to offer so far. I'm going to watch it for a second time this week and I'm genuinely looking forward to it.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'd agree with you, Opium. Definitely the best film 2015 has had to offer so far. I'm going to watch it for a second time this week and I'm genuinely looking forward to it.

Sweet!!!! Glad you guys dug the movie!!! I think I'm going to have to own this on blu now!

OpiumKungFuCracker
The whole movie is great, but this is the best scene...

BxXlPULqYN0

I love that scene so much!

Archived