Kung Fu from Hallmark

ThunderScore

ThunderScore

Hallmark Releasing Corporation distributed a lot of pretty incredible films during the 1970s, including such fare as Amando de Ossorio's TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT and Doris Wishman's DEADLY WEAPONS. Among the Martial Arts titles they distributed were two American-International releases - LADY WHIRLWIND and SUPERIOR YOUNGSTER, which I really wish I could see under their original U.S. theatrical titles...

ee6266b4a87dc2ede46a6b7c9ce1e2c3f091b3a3.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

You have me curious. Is there a difference between the original U.S. theatrical titles and the DVD/VHS releases for Superior Youngster and Lady Whirlwind?

ThunderScore
You have me curious. Is there a difference between the original U.S. theatrical titles and the DVD/VHS releases for Superior Youngster and Lady Whirlwind?

I can't say, having not seen them when they were released here. I'm simply lamenting the loss of those titles and campaigns...

8l2S8n6WNGA

DragonClaws

Nice posters, have to love those old promo posters and the way they sold the films.

Thanks for sharing TS.

Killer Meteor

Has anyone seen the original dub for Superior Youngster? The only one I could find was an 80s Ocean Shores re-dub.

Killer Meteor

More Kung Fu From Hallmark, with a little help from KARADO ...

c021634e702be2a57f06ce8f02e353bbc181f825.jpg

Funny how they promote Karado with a still from THE SCREAMING TIGER, and here KARADO still is used for THE SHANGHAI KILLERS (which was also released by Hallmark as SLASH! THE BLADE OF DEATH)

DragonClaws
26 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

Is there any love for Cheung Nik here?

Loved him in Kung Fu The Headcrusher and Ten Magnificent Killers @ThunderScore, His cameo in Enter The Game Of Death, has to be one of his wildest roles. One of those old school actors, who could portray a good guy and villian equally well.

Archived