The Fate of the Furious (2017)

AlbertV

Vin Diesel made the announcement yesterday: April 14, 2017 will be the date that the next Fast & Furious film will be unleashed...and I think quite frankly, Paul Walker would have wanted it that way!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest:

• Furious 8 will be the first of a new and final trilogy of films that will involve Dominic and the gang working for Kurt Russell's Mr. Nobody.
  • The next film will have scenes set in the Big Apple
  • Jason Statham has signed on to return as Deckard Shaw.
  • A director is currently being sought out. James Wan decided not to return for two reasons: the stress from #7 caused health issues and he will be working on The Conjuring 2. Justin Lin, who directed 3-6 is out because he is working on Star Trek Beyond. Rumors were that Rob Cohen may come back or even Vin Diesel himself would direct, rumors that Universal had already debunked.
  • And to confirm, the tenth Fast and Furious will be the last film.

Just read that F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct Furious 8. Other contenders were Adam Wingard (Who's Next), Louis Leterrier (Transporter 1 & 2), and Will Eubank (The Signal), but Gray is officially the frontrunner and in negotiations. And yes, Gray is also a contender to direct Black Panther for Marvel. 

Thank goodness it's not Rob Cohen. I still can't get over that piece of shit that is Alex Cross and that other piece of shit Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. The Boy Next Door, I don't even need to see the movie to know that that is a piece of shit.

Am I the only one who feels that this series needs to be laid to rest already? Why keep milking this cow that's produced enough dairy already? They won't be satisfied until they finally butcher it.Why not just go out on a good note? I don't want to be a wet blanket but that budget could be better used on somerthing else.Draw your own conclusions.Thundercats Live action anyone...?

Because of the $$$ the rest have made especially with #7 breaking records in DVD/BR sales and Vin Diesel promising Universal one last trilogy that will begin with Furious 8. That's why it's not going to go away....at least for another hmmm six, seven years.

Balhae Bandit

Am I the only one who feels that this series needs to be laid to rest already? Why keep milking this cow that's produced enough dairy already? They won't be satisfied until they finally butcher it.Why not just go out on a good note? I don't want to be a wet blanket but that budget could be better used on somerthing else.Draw your own conclusions.Thundercats Live action anyone...?

I understand the sentiment, but at least it's not an another superhero franchise.

Well, it was made official yesterday. F. Gary Gray will indeed direct the next installment, which will be the first of the final trilogy of F&F films.

On 25/02/2017 at 2:02 PM, Super Ninja said:

They should've stopped after Fast Five.

While I'm not as keen on some of the earlier movies, Ive really enjoyed watching the sequels post 5. Just undermanding entertianment, that doesnt take itself too seriously. Undertand their not to everyones liking, and its only the big cinema returns, thats keeping the franchise going.

It's dumb fun, that's how I describe it. As pretty much most of the Hollywood movies are nowadays, XXX 3 being probably the latest and best example. Lately when watching those kind of movies, usually one part of me really enjoys (I did enjoy watching Furious 7 quite a lot) while the other part finds hard to ignore how painfully dumb it gets. But, when I'm in need of some, as you say it, undemanding entertainment, I can't think of anything better.

Fast 8 is the first one that really felt, to me, like it didn't need to exist.  I'm no superfan of the franchise but this one, whilst having some fun moments, seemed like it was just going through the motions.

I think Walker's untimely passing left a real hole and they didn't seem to really know how to fill it, apart from with things like a nuclear submarine chase that seems awesome on paper but was oddly dull on screen (that's the thing with "ridiculous shit" - sometimes it's just shit.)

There's still fun to be had, though, and The Statham is gold in this one - easily the film's MVP.  (Sorry, Mr Rock).

DragonClaws
9 minutes ago, Karlos said:

There's still fun to be had, though, and The Statham is gold in this one - easily the film's MVP.  (Sorry, Mr Rock).

Read a few comments about how good The Rock and Statham work well together on screen.

Looking forward to Meg, Karlos?.

Link- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4779682/

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, Karlos said:

I certainly am now, @DragonClaws!

Not heard of this one 'til you just mentioned it - cheers!

I thought the movie already had a thread in this forum?, or maybe it was lost during the forums technical problems.

Seeing this tonight, can't wait, just a question though, how much of the action is hand to hand fight scenes? I'm going to assume Charlize Theron goes up against Letty, but otherwise I hope there are some good brawls in there.

OK so, just seen it. I liked it a lot, Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson are so good together they need their own film. A lot less fistfighting than in the previous few, which I didn't like, but what was there was pretty good. Vin Diesel was given surprisingly little to do really, though I did like how nasty Charlize Theron was and I presume she will be turning up again (surely her and Letty have to throwdown, especially seeing how good Theron is in the recent Atomic Blonde trailer)

Drunken Monk

This was easily the silliest installment in the franchise. I found myself rolling my eyes at various moments. With that said, it is entertaining. The stunts are big, the hand-to-hand stuff looks great and, as stated before, Vin Diesel has surprisingly little to do (which is a good thing).
Not the best in the series but certainly not the worst. Definitely worth a watch but you have to go in knowing you're going to see some very silly things.

It is looking like Universal Pictures are going to begin development on a spin-off with Dwayne Johnson's Luke Hobbs and Jason Statham's Deckerd Shaw after all, especially now that the much publicized feud between Johnson and Vin Diesel is done (the two buried the hatchet via private meetings). Series writer Chris Morgan will write the script once the ideas are set.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/dwayne-johnson-jason-statham-fate-of-the-furious-spinoff-universal-pictures-1202073677/

Archived