Philip/Simon Rhee's Furious (1984)

mpm74

This movie is finally getting released on DVD.

Has anyone seen the trailer? Really bizarre!

8lTR5V_VTns

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kung Fu Cinema Review

It is one of the weirdest movies I have seen!!! Simon is the good guy and Phillip is the villain here...it was something I would expect on MST3K...all in good fun! :)

Kung Fu Cinema Review

It is one of the weirdest movies I have seen!!! Simon is the good guy and Phillip is the villain here...it was something I would expect on MST3K...all in good fun! :)

So, is that trailer accurate? (was that crazy music/editing added in by the youtuber?)

Yeah, I remember seeing that VHS box as a kid at the local video store. Never knew those were the Rhees.

My first experience with them was Ninja Turf (aka LA Street Fighters) and Best of the Best...

DragonClaws

Another Martial Arts film Ive yet to see. The trailer is a real gem and the band playing the music are nuts.

You gotta love those old school promotional posters.

"Red hot Karate action"

So, is that trailer accurate? (was that crazy music/editing added in by the youtuber?)

Yeah, I remember seeing that VHS box as a kid at the local video store. Never knew those were the Rhees.

My first experience with them was Ninja Turf (aka LA Street Fighters) and Best of the Best...

I just looked at another video that had started out with the opening of the film and then this weird music/edit came in. I can't tell if the trailer is accurate, but I can confirm all that crazy madness you see in the film...that's real.

but I can confirm all that crazy madness you see in the film...that's real.

Good enough!

With the upcoming DVD release date on July 21, I just received an email and it looks highly likely that I will be interviewing FURIOUS director Tim Everitt.

With the upcoming DVD release date on July 21, I just received an email and it looks highly likely that I will be interviewing FURIOUS director Tim Everitt.

Thursday evening, I will be conducting a phone interview with co-writer and co-director Tim Everitt to discuss making Furious. I got the official word and the interview will be posted on the main site.

For those who missed it, I had scheduled the interview with Tim Everitt and it was the same week that Kung Fu Cinema had closed its portal. However, I succeeded in getting the interview out so if anyone is interested in how the film was made, here's my interview with Furious co-director Tim Everitt (who works today as a VFX artist in Hollywood films)

https://worldfilmgeek.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/interview-with-tim-everitt-co-director-of-furious/

I read it back when you shared it on Facebook, very interesting interview, and the backstory to this movie is comical at times. No surprise I guess, haha. Thanks Al.

I need to see this film.

Archived