Blind Woman's Curse (1970)

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Blind Woman's Curse (1970)

I got to watch this Yakuza movie last night and at times it was pretty good and at others it was weird, I liked the story about the Female Yakuza Boss and the Girl she Blinds by mistake who wants revenge and she is like a Blind Zatoichi but the horror aspect to me just didn't go hand in hand and that is why I wasn't really crazy for this movie if it would've just stuck to the simple revenge plot it would've been a much better movie.

Stunning 70's cult siren Meiko Kaji, star of the LADY SNOWBLOOD, FEMALE CONVICT SCORPION and STRAY CAT ROCK films, blasts off in her first headlining role! A novice yakuza boss in early 20th century Japan, she must defend her clan against a vengeful blind swordswoman (Hoki Tokuda), her bizarre hunchback servant (Tatsumi Hijikata), as well as villain Toru Abe's gang of bloodthirsty killers.

Director Teruo Ishii (FEMALE YAKUZA TALE, HORROR OF MALFORMED MEN) delivers a bizarre hybrid of Japanese horror and yakuza genres featuring a nomadic terror carnival, girls skinned alive for their tattooed epidermis, and a succession of brutal swordfights. Actress Kaji offers prime evidence of why she became the top female action star of 1970's Japan. One of the key cult films from Nikkatsu, the studio that also released the unforgettable, offbeat hit TOKYO DRIFTER.

518g-kRt9HL._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just watched this and must say it's an alright film. Nothing extraordinary but still entertaing enough I guess. It really never quite delivers.

So is it worth a rent? I was going to ask about this movie, they have this and another Meiko Kaji film, I'm so behind on my film list I'll give it a pass if it's just so-so.

Archived