TMNT the Movie is 25

Coliseum1972

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber

Golden Harvest's only real international film. I don't really know if The Man from Hong Kong, Enter the Dragon or Rumble in the Bronx could really be considered international because they were all filmed with a Hong Kong crew and most of them were shot in Hong Kong (apart from RITB which was shot in Vancouver).

Reel Power Stunts
Golden Harvest's only real international film. .

Can't agree with you there. "Cannonball Run", "Cannonball Run 2" and "Megaforce" were GH movies made in USA with largely US crews.

The Tom Selleck film "Lassiter" was a GH movie shot in the UK. There was also the Charles Bronson/Lee Marvin movie "Death Hunt" made (I think) in Canada.

Its been TWENTY FIVE YEARS? Now I feel old.

Re-watched 1 and 2 last year. I always thought and remembered TMNT 2 as being the better movie. However, after re-watching it, 1 was still good and it was the superior movie. 2 was a short load of garbage.

The Hollywood Reporter has an article on how the movie every studio rejected got made.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-untold-785653

There was also a recent documentary called Turtle Power that chronicled the TMNTs from comic book to its modern day incarnations. It wasn't bad but it did skip over a lot of the details of the rift between Eastman and Laird. Also, Eastman's hate for the female turtle that doesn't exist in his mind (Venus De Milo).

Secret Executioner

Re the female turtle: is that character cannon ? I recall her being in a TV show, but next to no other incarnation of the TMNT seems to have included her...

Re the female turtle: is that character cannon ? I recall her being in a TV show, but next to no other incarnation of the TMNT seems to have included her...

The female turtle was canon and created during the time of the live action TV show. However, that was more Peter Laird's doing. Kevin Eastman who did the art work for the comic book hated the character. He has pretty much removed her from cannon as well as disavowing it ever happening. I think he was pretty much hands off at this point and just cashing the checks while trying out other business ventures. When he came back he didn't like what he saw.

At this point Eastman and Laird have both sold their stake in the Turtles so the new owners can do what they want.

Killer Meteor

Watched all three of them recently - still love em' to bits, though Part 2 always trailed far behind.

DragonClaws
Watched all three of them recently - still love em' to bits, though Part 2 always trailed far behind.

Ive never watched Part 3, by the time this came out in cinemas Id lost interest in the series. Remember having the films poster for the original movie on my door as a child. Knowing this came out 25 years ago does make me feel a little old.

Archived