shogun assassin 3?

Guest Mantis FIST

Guest Mantis FIST

I did not even know there was a 3rd SA. Does this have the old school dubbing? It is put out by Animego. I have the 1st two in this S.A. series by Animego! Im glad they edited the re-masters wit the eng dub!

Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

There are a total of (6) movies to the original "Lone Wolf & Cub" series, and the 1st. movie "Shogun Assassin" is a cut up of the 1st. (2) movies in the series, as for the 2nd. & 3rd. dubbed movies I don't know if they cut them up from other movies because I haven't seen them. there was never any other dubbed movies in this series. Animego is now dubbing the rest of the series for some reason instead of putting out newer titles.

The second one has an old school dub but I don't know about the new ones.

Animego is now dubbing the rest of the series for some reason instead of putting out newer titles.

They just announced a release schedule for the next 6 months or so with all new stuff.

May not be what your interested in but it is newer stuff.

They've obviously made a good chunk off the first two SA films if they're going back and dubbing the other 3.

I'm kinda interested just to "hear" how the new dubs are.

Guest schleg64

The "Shogun Assassin" disc has the original music and dubs as it sounded back in 1980 (electronic score, original American cast etc.). However, the "Lightning Swords of Death" disc has the original music but NEW dubbed voices. The guy doing Ogami's voice does a few other voices in the film as well; he just lowers his voice when he's speaking as Ogami. Lame. Also, they don't call the movie "Lightning Swords of Death" in the credits, but use the Translated name of the original title. Otherwise, it looks great! I think Animiego realizes how expensive the original "Lone Wolf & Cub" discs were, and they are trying to get more folks to buy the films by dubbing them and lowering the price.

Guest Dion Brother

LIGHTNING SWORDS OF DEATH was dubbed and released by Columbia Pictures in 1975. It was released years before SHOGUN ASSASSIN. An odd choice by Columbia to release the third movie first. Anybody know who did the dubbing SA 3?

Guest bruce holecheck

The SA dub is a new one contracted by Animeigo. From their website:

"The #1 complaint we've gotten about Shogun Assassin (the dubbed version of Lone Wolf & Cub) is that there's only two movies! Well, we listened to you, and have commissioned dubs of the final 3 LW&C films, to be released as Shogun Assassin 3, 4 and 5."

-- bruce holecheck

Guest Chinatown Kid

I have Shogun Assassin and just received Shogun Assassin 3 today. What am I missing? Is the correct order for the dubbed versions this?

1. Lightning Swords of Death

2. Shogun Assassin

3. Shogun Assassin 3

If that's the correct order of the dubbed versions so far then the one I'm missing is Lightning Swords of Death, does Animego sale this film as well? I will probably buy the whole original subtitled box set of Lone Wolf and Cub eventually but I'm a fan of the dubs because I saw Shogun Assassin first and want to get the series dubbed before the box set. The Shogun Asssassin 3 version I got today has much better pic quality than my copy of the original Shogun Assassin which is a boot(probably Pan Media) and has a washed out looking quality to it, I'll probably upgrade my version to the version Animego has if the pic quality is as good as their part 3 disc.

Guest Daisho2004

Chinatown Kid, "Shogun Assassin" was the 1st. one dubbed and it is the combined movies of parts #1&2. Now "Lightning Swords of Death" is the 2nd. one to be dubbed also called Shogun Assassin #2 and you already have pt.#3, so your good until the rest of the series comes out on DVD.

Guest Dion Brother

Wow, so far, nobody has made an elitist anti-dubbing post in this thread. Are half the posters on vacation? I'll call Ripley, he won't believe it.

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune
I'll probably upgrade my version to the version Animego has if the pic quality is as good as their part 3 disc.

I dont own Shogun Assassin 3, but i am sure it has the same picture quality as the first and second releases Animego has. Which are fantastic!!

Guest Jesse Smooth
Wow, so far, nobody has made an elitist anti-dubbing post in this thread. Are half the posters on vacation? I'll call Ripley, he won't believe it

Well...these films are high quality art compared to those silly Chinese movies that were slapped together for those low-class ghetto street hoodlums.:rolleyes

Guest Dahnamics
Well...these films are high quality art compared to those silly Chinese movies that were slapped together for those low-class ghetto street hoodlums.

wow..

Guest Chinatown Kid

I sure have stormy, I'm really enjoying these Shogun Assassin films and am thinking of breaking down and getting the original subbed Lone Wolf and Cub box set! I find the action which can be gory but at the same time very stylish as well. I'm looking to check out more of the Japanese made Ninja films as well and have preordered the Shinobi No Mono by Animego set for release soon. Been thinking about getting The Shadow Hunters as well but have heard some mixed reviews on it so not sure yet. You got any Samurai or Ninja films you could recommend? ;)

Guest stormybman

How about these for starters:

Twilight Samurai (Henry Sanada)

When The Last Sword is Drawn

Aragami

Sword in The Moon

Samurai Resurection

GoJoe

Shogun's Samurai (Great Cast of who's who in Japanese Cinema)

Swords of Vengeance (Another Japanese epic)

... These are a few to give you an equal amount of action, story, and production value to show a great side of the Samurai Genre. ;)

"Whenever you're ready, I'll take on any Japanese here."

Guest Chinatown Kid

I do own Twilight Samurai and it was a great drama which I enjoyed. I haven't seen any of the other titles on your list but will definately be on the lookout for them now, thanks man!

Guest Iron_Jinon

I watched last nite part#5..#6 still unseen but all are great films,#3 so far finest...great movies in storyline concerning but what I do not like in these is ogami itto is too much above others.good opponents stand against him maybe 15 seconds,other slashed down in 1.

Archived