The Teako-Shaw Signature Collection grows!

teako170

Today I received the Ti Lung autographed box set in the mail. Big props to my man Paul Nice for hooking me up with this.

This box set compliments Chen Kuan Tai (Heroes Two) signed in FL in 2013, Gordon Liu (36th Chamber) signed in Hong Kong in 2010 and Lo Mang (5 Venoms) signed in Philadelphia in 2007.

Also featured is the amazing artwork of Kungfubob who honored me with this autographed piece by the man who gave us the "Five Fingers of Death;" Cheng Chang-Ho.

10847310_373319626194165_6613605369449609874_o.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skeleton Claw

Glad to be of help kind sir! Loving the Thai Venoms poster. I think we've probably talked about this before but I always loved the illustrations on the Thai posters. Now if only I could stomach their written language. I hate how their characters look! lol Wondering if you hid that part of the one sheet on purpose! And what's up with cheap stock on Thai posters??

Anyway, all that said, I'll still take it off your hands if you ever get tired of it. :xd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Good stuff man! :nerd:

Glad to be of help kind sir! Loving the Thai Venoms poster. I think we've probably talked about this before but I always loved the illustrations on the Thai posters. Now if only I could stomach their written language. I hate how their characters look! lol Wondering if you hid that part of the one sheet on purpose!

In my opinion, this Thai FIVE VENOMS poster blows away the HK theatrical poster (though you definitely won't find me parting with mine- with three signatures! :tongue:) with it's colorful artwork.

I get what you are saying- I used to only want posters that had the text of the original country of origin, but that has changed over the years. I don't mind anymore, and simply prefer the coolest looking poster for a particular film. Some of my favorites are the Thai posters for the HK films TIGER ON THE BEAT, EASTERN CONDORS, FIST OF LEGEND, and the Japanese poster for SHAOLIN TEMPLE (The Jet Li one), and the Japanese CONAN THE BARBARIAN...

And what's up with cheap stock on Thai posters??

No doubt posters were created as cheaply as possible because they thought they would be used for a couple of weeks and thrown away. I doubt they ever would've guessed that some white dude would want to hang them up in the USA forty years later. :smile:

Yeah I dig the Thai posters though not crazy about the written characters either.

I started a new thread of some cool Thai posters.....

Archived