Is Karate Warriors Chiba's best?

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm a huge fan of Killing Machine, Ninja Wars, the Street Fighter Saga and the Oyama Trilogy, but Shogun's Ninja is by far my favorite Chiba, even though I suppose it's really Sanada's film. Either way, Chiba's adopted mute ninja acolytes stole the movie!

The Streetfighter, PT.1 is Chiba's proof he had charisma... However, his best film that i've seen is The Killing Machine.

His best one-liner..? "Say your prayers, fat man...!", from The Bodyguard on the plane before kicking the poor sonofa@#*$! 's entire upper-bridge from his mouth! Much more convincing than, "..Go ahead, make my day!" :D

You are in for a real treat!

I know! The previews in KFC were GREAT :)

I also ordered Isaac Florentine's Special Forces (loved Undisputed 2) and DD's King Boxer, but anyway...

You know, I bought the Mas Oyama trilogy but I left it in my home in Mexico, so I'll ask my dad to ship them to me (I'll ask him to ship Killing Machine and Shogun's Shadow while we're at it ;)).

I've never seen the Mas Oyama trilogy, except the first one, but it was a very crappy looking, pan & scan, heavily cut version called "Champion of Death" :mad:

How's the fighting in those?

• Like 1

Guest Morgoth

Not nearly as good as Killing Machine IMO, but all three movies in the trilogy are worth checking out. All have their moments of great fight scenes.

And if you get a chance check out US SEALS 2. And yes, Undisputed 2 is tops. Scott Adkins needs more good roles. If he doesn't become a big star then there is something wrong with the world.

Not nearly as good as Killing Machine IMO, but all three movies in the trilogy are worth checking out. All have their moments of great fight scenes.

And if you get a chance check out US SEALS 2. And yes, Undisputed 2 is tops. Scott Adkins needs more good roles. If he doesn't become a big star then there is something wrong with the world.

It seems like Killing Machine is one of his best MA-oriented movies, but really...the Karate Warriors action scene that I saw on Youtube was so good, I can't wait.

Oh, I saw some US Seals 2 videos on Youtube (Is that Damien Chapa?) and it looks good! Is there any way to get that on DVD?

I can't wait to see what Florentine does with Van Damme and Adkins :D

Oh, btw...are they EVER releasing a good version of "The Defensive Power of Aikido"?

I mean, my bootleg looks decent, but damn, that movie kicks ass and they should totally release a great looking DVD.

Guest Morgoth

Yeah US SEALS 2 is good mindless action. My DVD says City Heat Productions. I wrote a review for it- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DD774/ref=cm_rdp_product

And I wish The Sheperd with Van Damme and Scott Adkins would come out soon! I also can't wait to see that movie.

To get back the thread back on track, definitely check out Killing MAchine. Chiba is at his best in that movie.

And I haven't heard anything about Power of Aikido. I would like to see that movie. I have heard a lot of good things.

Yeah US SEALS 2 is good mindless action. My DVD says City Heat Productions. I wrote a review for it- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DD774/ref=cm_rdp_product

And I wish The Sheperd with Van Damme and Scott Adkins would come out soon! I also can't wait to see that movie.

To get back the thread back on track, definitely check out Killing MAchine. Chiba is at his best in that movie.

And I haven't heard anything about Power of Aikido. I would like to see that movie. I have heard a lot of good things.

No, sorry...my mistake. I do own Killing Machine, and it's great! I was merely pointing out that judging from what I've read, that might be Sonny's best (or one of his best) MA movies.

Power of Aikido is GREAT. Sonny plays, well, not the bad buy, but the main antagonist I guess.

His brother Jiro plays Morihei Ueshiba (lot of artistic license here, I can tell), and the fighting is very very good.