DC's Legends of Tomorrow

AlbertV

There will be a new spin-off series that will combine characters from both The Flash and Arrow. Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg will be the spin-off show runners and some of the casting has been announced:

Brandon Routh will return as Ray Palmer/The Atom

Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold

Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave

Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein (one half of Firestorm)

Caity Lotz as possibly Sara Lance/Black Canary

Ciara Renee as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl

Three DC superheroes not seen on TV will also make their debut on this new spin-off series. More as I get word about it :)

And yes, this series will be on the CW.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noelle Shadow Kick

Plus, the news today that Arthur Darvill (Rory from Doctor Who) will be joining as Rip Hunter!

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-cast-arthur-darvill-rip-hunter-cw-1201401541/

This series gets more bizarre by the moment and I'm really interested to see where it's going! Though I hope that Wentworth Miller won't be done with The Flash because he's just a goddamn delight as Captain Cold on that show.

The official title of the series: Legends of Tomorrow and it will premiere in January.

For those who missed it, Hawkman will also appear in DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Falk Hentschel (Streetdance 2Extraction) has been cast as the winged hero. Here are Hawkman and Hawkgirl in costume

hm_hg_v01_r02a.jpg?w=670

9 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Ugh I like Kid Flash, but I wish they kept Firestorm!!!

The reason that Firestorm is no longer on the series is because Victor Garber has exited the series to perform on Broadway. Garber is Dr. Martin Stein, who was the vital part of Firestorm with Robbie Amell first playing the other half on The Flash but then was replaced by Franz Drameh. DC couldn't find someone to replace Garber thus, Firestorm has left.

I`m in episode#12@2nd season. It`s was good for quite long time but now started to feel quite heavy. Maybe they should have kept it same lenght as season 1 instead of 18...

Decent action and f/x but perhaps this is not meant to be watched on too tight schedule. But Shogun story was superb!

Legends of Tomorrow, Season 4 #5, the Thanksgiving 2018 episode, Tagumo Attacks!!!, has some of the team heading to 1951 Tokyo, where director Ishiro Honda is filming The Blue Pearl, "one of the first Japanese feature films to utilize underwater photography".  While filming, Honda gets some footage of an enormous octopus in the bay.  (Ishiro Honda is played here by Eijiro Ozaki, who has appeared in a lot of TV episodes, including Heroes and Heroes Reborn.)  In this episode, Honda has brought the octopus, Tagumo, to life via a magic book, in which he draws the image that has haunted his nightmares since August 6, 1945, when he was at Hiroshima.  (He actually was at Hiroshima - https://emoryfx.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/godzilla-ishiro-honda-1954-monster-and-metaphor/)  After the Legends team has defeated Tagumo, Mick gives Honda a suggestion, "Listen, Honda-San.  Forget about the octopus.  Lizards... Lizards are king."  Info from IMDB and Wikipedia.  This episode had to be written by a kaiju fan.  The series title appears in Japanese.  And there's the episode trivia - see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8312938/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv   

Episode promo - 

Inside the episode - 

What's impressive about DC Legends is that they took a NONscience-fiction character, namely the Western Gunslinger Jonah Hex and transplanted him into a superhero universe.  What disappointed me when I first bought the Jonah Hex comic book back during the 1970s is that I expected a supernatural element because of his name being Hex.  After all, that's what one would expect from that word, right?  But all I got in return was just a bounty hunter. So I was disappointed. Then fast forward to the present where we get Legends in which Jonah Hex is involved in Time travel.  Finally then Jonah Hex becomes interesting.

Archived