Devil Killer a.k.a Ninja Exterminators (Question)

DragonClaws

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Robert Tai decides to pull a Godfrey Ho and combines an old movie with new footage. It's an ok fight movie. Don't rush to see it.

DragonClaws
Robert Tai decides to pull a Godfrey Ho and combines an old movie with new footage. It's an ok fight movie. Don't rush to see it.

Cheers Morgoth, I was intrigued by Tong Longs presence as he didn't appear in many films. I'm also a fan of Alexander Lo but wont be rushing out to buy it.

Cheers Morgoth, I was intrigued by Tong Longs presence as he didn't appear in many films. I'm also a fan of Alexander Lo but wont be rushing out to buy it.

Wasted Life actually had one of the fights from this movie listed as one of the 100 best fight scenes of all time. I need to remember to look for the link on the Wayback Machine to post here.

Morgoth Bauglir

Forgot to tell you, Tong Lung is in the old footage. He performs well, but the fights are slow compared to the new footage with Lo Rei and Alan Hsu.

DragonClaws
Forgot to tell you, Tong Lung is in the old footage. He performs well, but the fights are slow compared to the new footage with Lo Rei and Alan Hsu.

He looked at his best in Game Of Death (1978) and Tower Of Death. With Yuen Biao doubling for the more acrobatic moves and Sammo Hung or Yuen Woo Ping handling the choreography. Saying that there's some of his Korean films Ive yet to see.

Wasted Life actually had one of the fights from this movie listed as one of the 100 best fight scenes of all time. I need to remember to look for the link on the Wayback Machine to post here.

I didn't know that DrNgor.

DragonClaws
The Tong Lung in Devil Killer is actually Lo Rei's brother. A very muscular guy.

I never knew there were two Martial Arts actors by the same name.

Morgoth Bauglir
I never knew there were two Martial Arts actors by the same name.

I usually refer to the GOD Tong Lung as Kim Tai Chung so I don't get confused. I recently watched him in No Retreat No Surrender. He is fantastic in this movie.

One Armed Boxer
I usually refer to the GOD Tong Lung as Kim Tai Chung so I don't get confused. I recently watched him in No Retreat No Surrender. He is fantastic in this movie.

Yeah Kim Tai-jung is his Korean name, Tong Lung was just an alias used in his HK movies.

Great performer, and you can't beat a movie which has both a Bruce Lee clone and a Jackie Chan clone in it - 'Jackie and Bruce to the Resuce'.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry about this.":tongue:

-RpXEyEgKkI

DragonClaws
Yeah Kim Tai-jung is his Korean name, Tong Lung was just an alias used in his HK movies.

Great performer, and you can't beat a movie which has both a Bruce Lee clone and a Jackie Chan clone in it - 'Jackie and Bruce to the Resuce'.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry about this.":tongue:

-RpXEyEgKkI

I never known which name to use for the actor. Tong Long is how he as credited in the old TOD VHS tape I had. Ive heard Jackie & Bruce To The Rescue a.k.a Fist Of Death, isn't all that good?.

DragonClaws
Jackie and Bruce is a rough watch. Chang Shan is in it:cry: I felt bad for him.

Is bad in an entertaining way? or just plain bad. Chang Shan was good as the golden wheel lama, in Shaolin VS Lama.

One Armed Boxer
Is bad in an entertaining way? or just plain bad. Chang Shan was good as the golden wheel lama, in Shaolin VS Lama.

Bad in an entertaining way is probably the best way to describe it. In the dub the bad guys all come from the YMCA, which makes it difficult to take seriously. The final fight is a bit of a let-down though from what I remember.

DragonClaws
Bad in an entertaining way is probably the best way to describe it. In the dub the bad guys all come from the YMCA, which makes it difficult to take seriously. The final fight is a bit of a let-down though from what I remember.

Cheers One Armed Boxer, Kim Tai Chung was a wasted talent. I seem to recall Hwang Jang Lee mentioning he didn't get much work in HK because of language barriers?. Don't quote me on that one I might have got mixed up with someone else.

Anyone here watched Devil Killer starring Alexander Lou Rei & directed by Robert Tai?. The films credit have Tong Long in them but does he actually appear in the film?.

HKMDB Link- http://www.hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=10381&display_set=eng

The films poster has clearly been inspired by Bruce Lee.

Devil Killer is a cut and paste movie Godfrey Ho style. The original film or old movie footage was from The Best and The Worst/Best and Worst/Black Boss (1974) starring Blacky Ko Sau Leung and Tang Lung/Tong Lung (not Kim Tai Chung).The Best and The Worst was the first film in my neck of the woods were Blacky Ko played a hero.Since he was popular at the time for his resilience in taking serious beatings yet getting his own back as a villain,the audience was very curious to know how his adversaries would cope and boy! this movie did not disappoint at the time.Because of Blackie Ko's resilient fighting endurance he was nicknamed "Borboh Pain" in our local dialect literally meaning "a man/boy who can withstand a lot of physical abuse" but it can also be translated as "a man of no nerves" and guess what! the movie was a hit.I think about 75% of Devil's Killer is The Best and The Worst - almost the entire movie was left intact.Tang Lung at his prime with Ko Sau Leung made a great team.What you saw in Devil's Killer was not the end of both heroes in the old movie.Were we entertained at that period in time? You bet.

DragonClaws
Devil Killer is a cut and paste movie Godfrey Ho style. The original film or old movie footage was from The Best and The Worst/Best and Worst/Black Boss (1974) starring Blacky Ko Sau Leung and Tang Lung/Tong Lung (not Kim Tai Chung).The Best and The Worst was the first film in my neck of the woods were Blacky Ko played a hero.Since he was popular at the time for his resilience in taking serious beatings yet getting his own back as a villain,the audience was very curious to know how his adversaries would cope and boy! this movie did not disappoint at the time.Because of Blackie Ko's resilient fighting endurance he was nicknamed "Borboh Pain" in our local dialect literally meaning "a man/boy who can withstand a lot of physical abuse" but it can also be translated as "a man of no nerves" and guess what! the movie was a hit.I think about 75% of Devil's Killer is The Best and The Worst - almost the entire movie was left intact.Tang Lung at his prime with Ko Sau Leung made a great team.What you saw in Devil's Killer was not the end of both heroes in the old movie.Were we entertained at that period in time? You bet.

Thanks for posting this information Kwok Choi.

Archived