Boyka: Undisputed 4 (2016) - Scott Adkins, Teodora Duhovnikova, Alon Aboutboul, Brahim Achabbakhe, Martyn Ford

AlbertV

One Armed Boxer
20 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I think it would be sweet to see a film with Boyka that's not in a tournament setting

This might be a little presumptuous, but after Boyka walks free at the end of the last installment, I think the above is exactly what most fans were expecting.  So while I'm all for some more Boyka-action, I admit that when I first saw the trailer and noticed most of the action seems confined to the ring again, I felt a twinge of disappointment.  However that's most likely just me, as I'm not really a fan of tournament movies, which is probably why I don't rave about the previous movies as much as others.  That reminds me, I still need to check out 'Close Range' and 'Eliminators'...

18 hours ago, Karlos said:

(Wonder why the UK gets boyka-tted?  Sorry.)

Well played sir!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude
6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

That reminds me, I still need to check out 'Close Range' and 'Eliminators'...

Slacker.

8 hours ago, Karlos said:

(Wonder why the UK gets boyka-tted?  Sorry.)

That is groan out loud funny, dude.

Oh well, it happened. Boyka will not be released in scandinavia next week but have to wait 21st of August.

:bs_firey:

8 hours ago, kami said:

I wonder why it takes so long to get the film released?

Me too. Would think they shoot into their own leg by delaying it but I guess they have their reasons...

2 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Me too. Would think they shoot into their own leg by delaying it but I guess they have their reasons...

They sure did. According to a torrent news site, Boyka has been among the top 10 most pirated movies of the week (04/10/17).

DragonClaws

I wont be watching this until I purchase a legit copy, wether thats this year or next.

Support Scott Adkins and buy the official release.

169961_front.jpg

OpiumKungFuCracker

Has anyone.... seen this yet? Came out awhile ago. It's out there. Pretty good reviews on letterbxd.

Drunken Monk

Well, Scott Adkins won the Best Fight Sequence award at Jackie Chan's 2017 Action Awards and he won it for "Boyka: Undisputed 4". Hopefully, that means the fight scenes are something special!

19396665_1384237745000237_8752636654074133947_n.jpg

DragonClaws

Anyone now if there's been a U.K DVD?/BR release date announced for this movie yet?

No sign of any sort of UK release at all - not cool!

Looks like us Brits will have to import - for region B/2 it's looking like the French or German editions.

8 hours ago, Karlos said:

No sign of any sort of UK release at all - not cool!

Looks like us Brits will have to import - for region B/2 it's looking like the French or German editions.

They did the same thing with Ninja Shadow of a Tear which got released months before it finally came to the UK. Even though I will wait for the official release it does spoil it as by the time I get to see it there will have been so many reviews and comments made on it that there won't be any surprises left no matter how good it is. I do think it's strange that the film-makers with this series in particular complain about people downloading the movies illegally but then have such patchy distribution.

DragonClaws
On 01/07/2017 at 9:42 PM, andy338 said:

They did the same thing with Ninja Shadow of a Tear which got released months before it finally came to the UK. Even though I will wait for the official release it does spoil it as by the time I get to see it there will have been so many reviews and comments made on it that there won't be any surprises left no matter how good it is. I do think it's strange that the film-makers with this series in particular complain about people downloading the movies illegally but then have such patchy distribution.

Adkins himself said in his recent London Comic-Con interview, that there's a big problem with movies being released in different markets, at different times. Often with a gap of months instead of days or weeks.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

This is on US Netflix now.

tumblr_m2lrdhzPAo1r2ahfqo2_400.gif

Watching this after I get out of work!!!

Drunken Monk

The plot is cheesy, the characters are laughable stereotypes, Boya himself has very little development but, by god, are the fights enjoyable!

This is one hell of an entertaining B movie. There's very little to it but it's obvious the fights were the important part. They deliver in droves, in my opinion. I even welcomed the slow motion!

For me, a particular highlight is the two-vs-one fight about midway through the film. It's a really nice switch of pace and a great display of everyone's talents. Some really great kicks on display!

I'm not going to lie, when it first started I wasn't expecting much at all. In fact, I convinced myself I wouldn't like it. Boy, was I wrong.

"The Shawshank Redemption" it ain't. A bone crunching, flip-kicking, fun ol' martial arts film it is.

I liked the film. Despite the low budget quality (which is not at all the filmmakers' fault and I am serious here, not sarcastic), it makes the most of it. The plot where he fights for Alma's freedom reminds me a bit of Blood and Bone, and as @Drunken Monk points out, the fights are awesome! My favorite fight has to be Boyka vs. The Ozerov Brothers (fight choreographer Tim Man and Andy Long). It put to good use some of the training scenes in Undisputed II where we see Boyka spar with two opponents at once so it's refreshing to see the result of that training. I'd say the only laughable thing for me was Zourab as he was just a typical villain who spews out a curse word almost every other sentence. Other than that, I really enjoyed this one!

DragonClaws

This is now streaming on NetFlix U.K, for those that have the service. Still no date for the U.K DVD/Blu-Ray release date:doh, more and more tempted to order the German release.

I have Netflix and saw it listed but I still went out and bought the Blu-ray - it was one of two movies that I bought today.

140509.jpg

To paraphrase Adkins' recent facebook post, the film is now out officially, so lets support it by purchasing it legally - it's the only way we're going to get Boyka 5 - and we all want that, right?

Archived