Boyka: Undisputed 4 (2016) - Scott Adkins, Teodora Duhovnikova, Alon Aboutboul, Brahim Achabbakhe, Martyn Ford

AlbertV

Looks great hopefully will get a decent release in the uk,the guy at the end looks like a beast,i know he is not a martial artist,so hopefully he will still look good on screen

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thehangman said:

Looks great hopefully will get a decent release in the uk,the guy at the end looks like a beast,i know he is not a martial artist,so hopefully he will still look good on screen

I'm sure Tim Man helped whip Martyn Ford in shape for the film if he's going into beast mode like that?!

Have just watched this,poor acting and production values but the action is great,plenty of fights and flashey kicking combinations brutal at times if a little repetitive,loads of tricking and a bit of mma in there(and not a wire in sight).I just wish this guy would be given a big vehicle of his own by a big production studio because in my opinion he deserves it.I recommend it only for the action the story isn't great but when you have these skills it makes it worth while,check it out.?

kingofkungfu2002
31 minutes ago, sym8 said:

Have just watched this,poor acting and production values but the action is great,plenty of fights and flashey kicking combinations brutal at times if a little repetitive,loads of tricking and a bit of mma in there(and not a wire in sight).I just wish this guy would be given a big vehicle of his own by a big production studio because in my opinion he deserves it.I recommend it only for the action the story isn't great but when you have these skills it makes it worth while,check it out.?

The reason, I'm guessing, for the poor production values, is because of illegal downloading...Just a thought!

Polite reminder, chaps - let's not discuss seeing films that have yet to be officially released.

Once the film is available properly, then and only then, can we all chat about it on here to our heart's content.

Thanks.

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, Karlos said:

Polite reminder, chaps - let's not discuss seeing films that have yet to be officially released.

Once the film is available properly, then and only then, can we all chat about it on here to our heart's content.

Probably worth pointing out that the movie has already had its first official release, when it hit French Blu-ray on 23rd March. @sym8, is that how you got to check it out?

fb1df9db_71nGScoGZeL._SL1233_.jpeg

kingofkungfu2002
40 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Probably worth pointing out that the movie has already had its first official release, when it hit French Blu-ray on 23rd March. @sym8, is that how you got to check it out?

fb1df9db_71nGScoGZeL._SL1233_.jpeg

According to Amazon, it's out on July 31st.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It was supposed to come out that day, but as @kingofkungfu2002 pointed out it was pushed back to...

3 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

According to Amazon, it's out on July 31st.

Yeah, I think the earliest release of the film will be in Sweden. Here's the releases that I know of...

Sweden, April 17

Denmark, April 20

France, July 31

Germany August 1

And... no release date in the USA nor the UK yet. Sigh :squigglemouth:

I think it will probably get a VOD release here first, then released to DVD and (hopefully) Blu-ray a few months later. This is annoying to me because I want to purchase the film, but I have to wait longer. Or, like with HEADSHOT (which I couldn't wait for), I payed for the VOD, then will purchase the Blu-ray when it's released, which means I'll have to pay for it twice. Bummer. But as I was impatient, and enjoyed it so much, definitely worth it. :wink:

kingofkungfu2002

The German release was originally scheduled for January, then it got put back until April...Then it got put back again until August!

DragonClaws
3 minutes ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

The German release was originally scheduled for January, then it got put back until April...Then it got put back again until August!

Interesting that Germany was going to get the film first, he must have a lot of loyal paying fans there. I know its a big market for MartialArts movies even now. At least thats the impression Ive got from chatting to German fans on the forums.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
35 minutes ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

What a tease!

On 8.4.2017 at 7:42 PM, sym8 said:

Pretty much covers every Boyka movie ever made... So no worries there :coveredlaugh

9 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yeah, I think the earliest release of the film will be in Sweden. Here's the releases that I know of...

Sweden, April 17

Denmark, April 20

France, July 31

Germany August 1

Holy sh*t, I`m getting it lot sooner than expected:laugh, if it`s not getting postponed.

http://cdon.dk/film/boyka%3a_undisputed-39730878

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

And... no release date in the USA nor the UK yet. Sigh :squigglemouth:

Yeah, what's up with that? :angry

3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I think it will probably get a VOD release here first, then released to DVD and (hopefully) Blu-ray a few months later. This is annoying to me because I want to purchase the film, but I have to wait longer. Or, like with HEADSHOT (which I couldn't wait for), I payed for the VOD, then will purchase the Blu-ray when it's released, which means I'll have to pay for it twice. Bummer. But as I was impatient, and enjoyed it so much, definitely worth it.

I just can't bring myself to double-dip, even for this (or Headshot either). I don't know why, but I was under the impression that this was suppose to have initially been released toward the end of January, and was sorely disappointed it wasn't. Must have garnered the wrong info on that somehow. 

I'm sure they must have their reasons, but they must be aware that such a staggered release/no release at all in some cases will only result in piracy?

(I guess it's all a moot point now anyway as the genie is already out of the bottle - another big problem.)

it's a real shame because this will almost certainly result in the death of the franchise - I wanted ten Boyka films!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
20 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Holy sh*t, I`m getting it lot sooner than expected:laugh, if it`s not getting postponed.

http://cdon.dk/film/boyka%3a_undisputed-39730878

17 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Yeah, what's up with that? :angry

I just can't bring myself to double-dip, even for this (or Headshot either). I don't know why, but I was under the impression that this was suppose to have initially been released toward the end of January, and was sorely disappointed it wasn't. Must have garnered the wrong info on that somehow. 

Not only that Dude, but Adkins' SAVAGE DOG is getting a Blu-ray release on April 28th, and no word yet for anyone else (that I know of). :squigglemouth:

You are probably remembering correctly. The film's release date has been changed many times. I heard it was finished a year ago!

8 hours ago, Karlos said:

I'm sure they must have their reasons, but they must be aware that such a staggered release/no release at all in some cases will only result in piracy?

(I guess it's all a moot point now anyway as the genie is already out of the bottle - another big problem.)

it's a real shame because this will almost certainly result in the death of the franchise - I wanted ten Boyka films!!

I always wondered why they would stagger release dates like that myself. One of the reasons is that each distributor (especially smaller companies) that licenses a title has their own workload, including other films on their release roster to juggle, and they are all dealing with different vendors for pressing the discs, printing the cover sleeves, etc. So even though they may be given a date that they are allowed to release their product, they may not be ready on that date.

5 hours ago, thehangman said:

Anyone know what the extras will be on the Bluray release?

I've heard no word yet on extras.

I'm hoping for something great though, as I was totally spoiled by the feature length BTS extra on UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING:nerd: Even on HARD TARGET 2, though brief, it was great seeing Scott Adkins (and everyone else) working on the film. I was disappointed in the film (HT2), but after watching the extras I appreciated what they had accomplished with what they had a whole lot more.

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Not only that Dude, but Adkins' SAVAGE DOG is getting a Blu-ray release on April 28th, and no word yet for anyone else (that I know of). :squigglemouth:

XLrator Media picked up Savage Dog for the U.S., so they will most likely release the film in a limited theatrical run before a DVD/Blu-Ray release date sometime this year. They also picked up Adkins' sci-fi movie Incoming and had released Close Range.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
21 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

XLrator Media picked up Savage Dog for the U.S., so they will most likely release the film in a limited theatrical run before a DVD/Blu-Ray release date sometime this year. They also picked up Adkins' sci-fi movie Incoming and had released Close Range.

Thanks for the info Albert.

One Armed Boxer
23 hours ago, Karlos said:

I may be alone in this opinion, but I'd much rather take 'Ninja 3' and another Adkins led installment in the 'Universal Soldier' series than 10 Boyka flicks!

Only so much tournament action I can take.

ShaOW!linDude
On 4/10/2017 at 1:52 AM, Karlos said:

I wanted ten Boyka films!!

YEAH!!!!

5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

...I'd much rather take 'Ninja 3' and another Adkins led installment in the 'Universal Soldier' series than 10 Boyka flicks!

YEAH!!!!

I ain't picky. I'll take 'em all. However, I think it would be sweet to see a film with Boyka that's not in a tournament setting, and I'd love to see the ninja Casey pitted against other types of assassins. 

Well, Scott has told me when I interviewed him for Close Range that he really enjoys working...so if all goes well, maybe we will see a potential Ninja III, new Universal Soldier, and more. He's one of the busiest actors today and clearly loves doing the work. Even his non-MA films I enjoy watching.

I don't know how true this is...I hope it's earlier, but this site has a rumored U.S. DVD release date of Boyka: Undisputed for August 1. I'd rather get an official word from either Scott or even Isaac Florentine on an official release here in the States.

https://www.releases.com/p/boyka-undisputed/dvd

I would not be at all surprised if the US date is August.

I think I'm right in saying that Undisputed 2 & 3 never got a Blu-ray release here in the UK?  Maybe DVD, but not BD - so I'm expecting Boyka to get the same treatment - hope I'm wrong.

(Wonder why the UK gets boyka-tted?  Sorry.)

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, Karlos said:

I would not be at all surprised if the US date is August.

I think I'm right in saying that Undisputed 2 & 3 never got a Blu-ray release here in the UK?  Maybe DVD, but not BD - so I'm expecting Boyka to get the same treatment - hope I'm wrong.

(Wonder why the UK gets boyka-tted?  Sorry.)

Undisputed 3 never even got a dvd release, here in the UK!

18 minutes ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Undisputed 3 never even got a dvd release, here in the UK!

Crazy!!

Archived