Boyka: Undisputed 4 (2016) - Scott Adkins, Teodora Duhovnikova, Alon Aboutboul, Brahim Achabbakhe, Martyn Ford

AlbertV

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude
Awesome news. But I have to ask "it's on like a chicken bone."… What the hell does that mean LOL:tongue:

Hah! That's something we say in the southeast part of the US, usually when a game between rival teams is occurring or a couple of fellows are about to throwdown.:tongue:

Scott Adkins posted on his official Facebook page on Monday that he was heading for Bulgaria yesterday and...Undisputed IV has begun shooting!!!

Drunken Monk

It seems Larnell Stovall won't be returning to the franchise as Tim Man will be the fight choreographer on "Undisputed 4".

YOtwuIj.jpg

On the one hand, I'll miss Stovall. On the other, Tim Man did such an excellent job on Ninja 2 that I can't help but be excited that he's on-board here too.

On the one hand, I'll miss Stovall. On the other, Tim Man did such an excellent job on Ninja 2 that I can't help but be excited that he's on-board here too.

Yeah, it's because Stovall is in Bangkok working on the action for Never Back Down 3 and considering how Alain Moussi is now in Bangkok, prepping for the Bangkok shoot of Kickboxer, I am guessing Stovall will be doing that film as well (since he did the New Orleans shoot of the film).

However, like you Tory, I am excited to see that Tim Man is going to be doing the fights for Undisputed 4 :) I hope he even comes in as a fighter.

Just got word that Brahim Achabbakhe will be in the film and will get to take on "the most complete fighter in the world"! Having just wrapped up Never Back Down 3, Brahim is flying out to Bulgaria to work on Undisputed IV!!! Super stoked!!!

Don't know who will be the main opponent this time, but here is the first official still from Undisputed IV, courtesy of Scott Adkins' official Facebook. Here is Boyka kicking Brahim Achabbakhe

11665368_955713971158342_2740942627422164206_n.jpg?oh=3b6333ae14522665fa137fe7834a1375&oe=56264F2F

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Cool beans (to hijack your phrase) that you made a post on this film.

I wonder why there isn't more traffic or comments about it?

I think that a lot of people may not be hip to these films, and the fact that they are low budget US action films may have a lot to do with it. The quality of the martial arts action in American made films has typically been of a much lower standard than what we enjoy seeing in HK or Asian cinema fight choreography, and often come with bland acting and repetitive story lines (not that action films from any country have ever been well known for their complex plots). But these films, specifically parts 2 and 3, are extremely well made and feature some of the best MA action of the last couple decades. A rare example of each film in a series getting better and better.

Guest Anonymous

In the 90's martial arts USA movies were slower moving and too many edits. But some were cool enough as I enjoy me a good cheesy 80's-90's US made action flick!!!

Now what I am tired of in current martial arts films made by US companies is all of the freaking "tricking" moves and idiotic 70000 degree spin cartwheel kicks from those XMA types. Scott Adkins always does this crap and it looks stupid.

I prefer hard fight action and more true moves. A few crazy kicks here an there is cool but at least make it more realistic. Yeah when a guy attacks me I am first going to walk backwards away from him then towards him in order to make sure I have more momentum and torque so I can proceed to spin 5 times in a circle in the air while flipping backwards away from the guy and slapping him with my foot. Because hat is just soooo much more effective than a normal counter spin kick.

DragonClaws

To be honest Ive never watched these films despite the positive fan reviews. Parts 1 & 2 have been on my to watch list for ages now. Might have to have an Undisputed weekend and catch up on them. I did that with The Best Of The Best films after purchasing the box set.

ShaOW!linDude
To be honest Ive never watched these films despite the positive fan reviews. Parts 1 & 2 have been on my to watch list for ages now. Might have to have an Undisputed weekend and catch up on them. I did that with The Best Of The Best films after purchasing the box set.

Don't fool with the first Undisputed film unless you're just in the mood for a prison boxing flick. It stars Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames. There's no MA in it. You want Undisputed 2 & 3. Those have some boss throwdowns, dude. :rockon

Guest Anonymous

Bst of The Best if one of the coolest movies of Hollywood martial arts in the 80's and it is actually about Taekwondo even if they call it Karate.

Number 2 was disappointing, and 3 and 4 sucked and had nothing to do with the original stories at all and made no sense. They should have been stand alone action films. WHat did you think?

I saw Undisputed 1 and 3 etc but they are not really linked storywise either. They are fun action films. Number 1 is purely about boxing, then the others go into kickboxing and then MMA stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Don't fool with the first Undisputed film unless you're just in the mood for a prison boxing flick. It stars Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames. There's no MA in it. You want Undisputed 2 & 3. Those have some boss throwdowns, dude. :rockon

Ya but for a boxing film the first movie is pretty decent and fun. It is pretty weird the series went into a whole different direction to crazy martial arts.

ShaOW!linDude
Ya but for a boxing film the first movie is pretty decent and fun. It is pretty weird the series went into a whole different direction to crazy martial arts.

It's a good thing it did. That's what made the franchise relatively successful and boosted Adkins' career.

DragonClaws

It's a good thing it did. That's what made the franchise relatively successful and boosted Adkins' career.

I can still remember seeing Scott Adkins having bit roles on British T.V. Then he suddenly broke out on the Martial Arts/Action movie scene. I'll take your advice regarding the Undisputed films. I'll give the first film a try even if its doesn't feature any Martial Arts related action.

Bst of The Best if one of the coolest movies of Hollywood martial arts in the 80's and it is actually about Taekwondo even if they call it Karate.

Number 2 was disappointing, and 3 and 4 sucked and had nothing to do with the original stories at all and made no sense. They should have been stand alone action films. WHat did you think?

Yeah they should have been stand alone films really. The may have felt the films stood a better chance of making more money if they tied them in with the previous two movies. They sequels are not great but I did enjoy watching them the time a. Not sure how I would rate them now though.

I have been waiting over 6 years for this movie!! To hear how excited Scott Adkns is to play Boyka again and how hard he pushed himself in the fight scenes...I am counting the minutes until this is released!!

Guest Anonymous

i think it is cool it did too, but it could have just been its own title and the reason the title of "Undisputed" even got popular, or used was because of Wesley Snipes hands down.

I can't say I am an Adkins fan, but he has some okay "throw away" martial arts films that are entertaining to pass time. But I really do not like his "XMA tricking style." It is so boring to me.

Guest Anonymous

I can still remember seeing Scott Adkins having bit roles on British T.V. Then he suddenly broke out on the Martial Arts/Action movie scene. I'll take your advice regarding the Undisputed films. I'll give the first film a try even if its doesn't feature any Martial Arts related action.

Yeah they should have been stand alone films really. The may have felt the films stood a better chance of making more money if they tied them in with the previous two movies. They sequels are not great but I did enjoy watching them the time a. Not sure how I would rate them now though.

I have seen a couple of these films, but not all. I think it has some fun stuff about it and cool fights. The original was a good movie too and contains a lot of good boxing action and a couple prison fights. It is a fun silly boxing movie and a decent story for that genre. The rest are not connected but I think the last one features the russian bad guy again or something like that.

My problem with Adkins is his annoying "XMA tricking" which I think is stupid. I hate how he tries to breakdance or gymnastics fight people. Yes because 7 thousand degree spins and triple back flips kicking away from the attacker at the most inefficient angle possible makes perfect sense.

His movies are always trying to be real world and not so much "warrior fantasy stuff" like most shaw brothers films. The Chinese acrobatics and kung fu from these movies looks sweet and flows nice, but tricking is dumb looking in my opinion and not smooth. but I like Tony Jaa because he does about 1 backflip to kick a guy, not 5 turns or whatever. And the kicks Jaa does have a hard impact that looks great. Adkins always does these annoying moves that have nothing to do with th martial arts he is portraying on film. All of his fights are the same looking in every movie too.

ShaOW!linDude
I have seen a couple of these films, but not all. I think it has some fun stuff about it and cool fights. The original was a good movie too and contains a lot of good boxing action and a couple prison fights. It is a fun silly boxing movie and a decent story for that genre. The rest are not connected but I think the last one features the russian bad guy again or something like that.

My problem with Adkins is his annoying "XMA tricking" which I think is stupid. I hate how he tries to breakdance or gymnastics fight people. Yes because 7 thousand degree spins and triple back flips kicking away from the attacker at the most inefficient angle possible makes perfect sense.

His movies are always trying to be real world and not so much "warrior fantasy stuff" like most shaw brothers films. The Chinese acrobatics and kung fu from these movies looks sweet and flows nice, but tricking is dumb looking in my opinion and not smooth. but I like Tony Jaa because he does about 1 backflip to kick a guy, not 5 turns or whatever. And the kicks Jaa does have a hard impact that looks great. Adkins always does these annoying moves that have nothing to do with th martial arts he is portraying on film. All of his fights are the same looking in every movie too.

You might ought to watch some of his films again. Adkins is not an XMA style martial artist, and Jaa uses far more tricking in his films than Adkins does. What you describe appears in more Thai films than it does in Adkins' filmography. I'm not saying Adkins doesn't throw an extra spin or twist in there, but I believe you're over-exaggerating a bit regarding it being a crutch of many fight scenes in his films. He's a dynamic kicker, and able to pull off aerial maneuvers most MA's wouldn't undertake, but I find his screen fighting far more grounded than Jaa's, and more on par with his contemporaries. He's actually one of the few Caucasian screen fighters to breath life into the genre, and actually try to keep it fresh. His fight against Kane Kosugi at the end of Ninja: Shadow of a Tear is one of the best screen fights in the last 5 years.

Archived