Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

AlbertV

Just got word that since Joss Whedon decided not to direct the third Avengers film, that Joe and Anthony Russo, the brothers behind the Captain America sequels, are basically locked in to direct the two-part Infinity War, which will feature Josh Brolin as Thanos.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/russo-brothers-direct-avengers-infinity-783685

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This can only be a good thing. They know their way around an action sequence (in some ways I even prefer Winter Soldier to Avengers)

The unification of the Marvel Universe would be amazing; especially if we get to see Iron Man, Thor and the gang fighting alongside Ant Man, Falcon and their crew along with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Throw in the Spider-Man that'll debut in "Captain America: Civil War" and I'll be happy.

But we have to take this news with a pinch of salt since "67 characters" could include people like Jane Foster, Pepper Pots and even Hawkeye's wife.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
4 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Who is writing this, Gu Long ?! :coveredlaugh 

Post of the night.  :monk_laughing:

If only he were still alive...

Could you imagine how insane that would be... especially if he threw some of his awesome wu xia villains into the mix. 

Production began yesterday on the film and Dave Bautista is joining as Drax but had not yet seen a script and began his scenes yesterday (security is extremely tight with this one folks!). Elizabeth Olsen shoots her scenes in April. The film is coinciding shooting wise with another Marvel film, Black Panther

http://www.darkhorizons.com/production-begins-on-avengers-infinity-war/

James Gunn is serving as one of the executive producers of the film, since the Guardians of the Galaxy  will be joining the fight:

“Yes, I’m an Executive Producer on Infinity War. I’ve been working hard with the Russo brothers, with the Marvel guys, with Kevin Feige, to make sure that any of the characters that I’m involved with, that are in that movie are well taken care of and are as funny as they should be, and is are as honest and truthful as they should be. So I’ve been dealing with them all the time. I’ve been talking to the actors on set every single day as we go through production, and it’s been a great experience so far.”

Fun on-set photo with Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, and Benedict Wong

avengers-infinity-war-costume-talk-fun-p

DragonClaws
20 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Benedict Wong

This guy has come a long way, the first time I saw he was a co-star in a low budget British comedy series 15 Storey High.

Great actor, and its nice to see him in such a big budget production.

Still need to see his portrayal of Genghis Khan in the 2014 Marco Polo series.

ShaOW!linDude
40 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Still need to see his portrayal of Genghis Khan in the 2014 Marco Polo series.

Yes, you do. You are missing out. He owns that role. Gives me chills sometimes.

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Yes, you do. You are missing out. He owns that role. Gives me chills sometimes.

Ill have to get the series on DVD at somepoint in the future.

4fSexGQ.jpg

Comic-Con poster has Steve Rogers sporting a beard and Black Widow with silver hair (BTW, according to sources, Steve Rogers will NOT be Captain America but rather Nomad, an identity he took in 1974 after dropping the Cap moniker temporarily)

The trailer didn't grab me by the balls like I thought it would. Thanos clobbering Spider-Man (in his funky new suit, no less) was dope but nothing else really made me go "Oooooh!" Don't get me wrong, I'm exceptionally excited for the film. I think they're just holding back on the money shots. Which is a good thing.

ShaOW!linDude
14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Seems like Thanos is actually knocking out Iron Man, not Spider-Man. D'oh.

I believe it's a bit of both. Thanos seems to have body-slammed Spidey to the ground, pinning him there with one hand. Then there's that straight right to Iron Man's face that lays him his length on the ground. I would consider both as falling into the realm of clobbering.:tongueout

Archived