Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015)

Keung

gIGhAF4.jpg

In “Rogue Nation,” Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate – an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.

Helmed by McQuarrie (The Way of the Gun, Jack Reacher), the new Mission: Impossible movie stars Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner (Marvel’s The Avengers, Kill the Messenger), Alec Baldwin (The Departed, “30 Rock”), Simon Pegg (Star Trek, The World’s End), Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction, Dawn of the Dead), Simon McBurney (The Last King of Scotland, The Theory of Everything) and Rebecca Ferguson (Hercules, The Red Tent) and features a screenplay by Will Staples and Drew Pearce.

A Paramount Pictures and Bad Robot production, Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation will hit 2D and IMAX theaters July 31.

watch?v=tNPZGc0WmfM

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, since Ghost Protocol, this is turning into one of the best and most reliable mainstream action franchises, part of the sucess of which has to do with the fact that actual care (shock horror!) seems to have been taken with the stunts/fights.My only doubt is that the 'big stunt' of this film can out do the previous one of climbing up the world's tallest building.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Cruise strapped himself to a flying plane for real. Dude's crazy!

Edit: Never mind, he actually fucking did!

rfuxbh.jpg

ffn_tom_cruise_4_kb_141103_4x3_992_1.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

They said on Good Morning America this morning, that he definitely did this stunt and was strapped to that plane.

Crazy.

GD Y-Y

The plane flew over a friend of mine, who took some pics, whilst he out on a bike ride!

He was wondering why it kept going over him and was so low.

He actually saw L'il Tommy strapped to the side a few times.

Brave little fella.

Seriously, since Ghost Protocol, this is turning into one of the best and most reliable mainstream action franchises

Agree. Wasn't crazy about the earlier ones but I really enjoyed GP. I hope this one lives up to it.

The plane flew over a friend of mine, who took some pics, whilst he out on a bike ride! He was wondering why it kept going over him and was so low. He actually saw L'il Tommy strapped to the side a few times.Brave little fella.

Would love to see to those pix. The ones Keung posted were insane!

Next time I catch up with him I'll ask him if he still has them.

He's a magnet for this sort of thing - a few weeks before that he wandered onto the set of the new Dad's Army film as well as a new WW2 flick with Rupert Everett (I was with him on that one!)

Secret Executioner

Saw this one about two months ago (it's actually the only MI movie I've seen so far), and I enjoyed it. It's an overall nice film: the characters are enjoyable (I especially like the computer guy who works at the CIA and ends up hanging around with Tom Cruise, he was pretty fun), the story is interesting and well-executed, the stunts are very impressive and you don't see time pass.

Not something I'd revisit, and it didn't make me that much into checking out the rest of the franchise.

I finally got round to watching it a few weeks ago. Like people have already said – it's not quite up to Ghost Protocol standards, but a great watch nevertheless. The two chase scenes towards the end left me breathless. I'll be buying the Blu-ray for those scenes alone! 

I don't care what anyone says, Tom Cruise is the fucking man!

I lost track of the franchise after Ghost Protocol, which to me was decent at best. Which brings me to what I thought about this entry after watching it for the first time: Incredible! I'm not sure how I would rank it in comparison to the original 1996 movie but this was certainly enjoyable and IMO superior to everything else that I've seen so far in the franchise (I remember enjoying and thinking great of M:I3). Now, on to Fallout...

Archived