Five Venoms music video I made

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Here's a little music video I put together - it's centered on The Centipede, but I'm working on videoes focused on The Snake and on The Toad as well.

Had to use a different copy of the movie (I don't know how to rip DVDs and the action is too fast to be recorded on screen with CamStudio), an English-dubbed DivX file.

3whnQ77Ols4

Enjoy. :laluot_22:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Who is the beginning music?

Unfortunately your video does not play well on the computer I am using. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

GD Y-Y

Secret Executioner

Only used one song, so it's all "Murderer (Remix)" by Helloween.

I got some issues when I uploaded the video to youtube, they wanted to correct issues but it ended making the vid unwatchable - discarded the changes and it looks fine on my computer but I don't know how it's going on others.

Secret Executioner
Good job. :smile2: I enjoyed it.

Fun stuff, looking forward to the rest.

Thanks guys. Hope you'll like the others too, I'm still picking up songs and choosing scenes to put in the vids.

Helloween you say.

I checked them out.

Mikey likes it!

300x300.jpg

fade_band.jpg

GD Y-Y

Glad you like them, GDY-Y. Had no idea you were a metal-head too. :tongue:

I happen to be listening to Helloween's 1998 album Better Than Raw as I'm typing this, talk about a lucky coincidence. :tongue:

854.jpg

Secret Executioner
Metal and Fu, nothing better than that. Cool stuff!

Couldn't agree more, bro. :cool:

You will learn to appreciate the sixth student you bastard, what's more, how can you make a video of the snake before the lizard? I'll need to speak to your Master. The Scorpion is awesome, but still, there probably (sadly) isn't enough good footage of him for a full video.

That was fun.

Secret Executioner
You will learn to appreciate the sixth student you bastard, what's more, how can you make a video of the snake before the lizard? I'll need to speak to your Master. The Scorpion is awesome, but still, there probably (sadly) isn't enough good footage of him for a full video.

That was fun.

But I plan on making vids for the Lizard and the sixth student too. Not sure what to do with the sixth one since he essentially looks at the movie and barely interferes until the ending fight - but his training with the Lizard and the ending fight have nice stuff from him. I don't remember much action from the Lizard, except for his introduction when the master explains the Venoms at the beginning, his training with the sixth one and the final fight where he and the sixth one fight the Centipede, the Snake and the Scorpion.

There is indeed little to work with as far as the Scorpion goes, unless I use the footage showcasing him from the beginning and the whole end fight where he pretty much fights the rest of the cast minus the Toad.

I guess you're right, interesting that the two stars (for the most part) don't get much action in the original 5DV.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Thanks guys. Hope you'll like the others too, I'm still picking up songs and choosing scenes to put in the vids.

Glad you like them, GDY-Y. Had no idea you were a metal-head too. :tongue:

I happen to be listening to Helloween's 1998 album Better Than Raw as I'm typing this, talk about a lucky coincidence. :tongue:

854.jpg

Yes siry bob. A metal Head for sure.

I have many musical tastes but am most fond of HM.

I am NOT into the gruff voices of the last 15 years.

I do not know how people sing like that. It would seem to me to tear apart your vocal chords.

GHW, your are in France.....correct?

Very sad about that horrible plane crash.

GD Y-Y

P.S. I am listening to your album you posted.

Secret Executioner

I'd have thought you'd have been a fan of 1960s rock, stuff like Grateful Dead, Iron Butterfly, The Who... Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love these bands too. :laluot_22:

I guess I have one extra reason to make more videos, cause let me tell you that if you think metal has been all about "Cookie Monster vocals" (as some call them) these past few years, you're mighty wrong. There's a lot of bands from these past 15-20 years that have clear vocals and I'll be using songs from some of them for future videos. :tongue:

masterofoneinchpunch
... I guess I have one extra reason to make more videos, cause let me tell you that if you think metal has been all about "Cookie Monster vocals" (as some call them) these past few years, you're mighty wrong. There's a lot of bands from these past 15-20 years that have clear vocals and I'll be using songs from some of them for future videos. :tongue:

I'm glad you mentioned this Godfrey. There is so much good music from a metal standpoint that has come out over the past 15-20 years. Often using mixtures of vocals from clean to black to death (which tends to have the "Cookie Monster vocals" most notably or well known with gore metal band Cannibal Corpse) with such groups as Opeth and Trivium and a variety of others. I tend to like mix vocals more than one vocal style dominating the music. I also tend to like eclectic styles as well. Seriously there are so many different styles of metal to rock that you can spend a lifetime listening to completely different types.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I'd have thought you'd have been a fan of 1960s rock, stuff like Grateful Dead, Iron Butterfly, The Who... Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love these bands too. :laluot_22:

I guess I have one extra reason to make more videos, cause let me tell you that if you think metal has been all about "Cookie Monster vocals" (as some call them) these past few years, you're mighty wrong. There's a lot of bands from these past 15-20 years that have clear vocals and I'll be using songs from some of them for future videos. :tongue:

Dead Head as well as many of the 60's psychedelically bands too!

Right. Did you all ever listen to the internet radio station called Progg Radio, excellent metal with the voices I like.

GD Y-Y

Very nice music video. I look forward to watching your future videos and listening to the music selections.

Dare I mention the metal band, Shaolin Death Squad, from Denton, TX? A fan (TheMisterYouTube) made a "Centipede" music video using that song from their 2010 album, Five Deadly Venoms. It's at

Secret Executioner
I'm glad you mentioned this Godfrey. There is so much good music from a metal standpoint that has come out over the past 15-20 years. Often using mixtures of vocals from clean to black to death (which tends to have the "Cookie Monster vocals" most notably or well known with gore metal band Cannibal Corpse) with such groups as Opeth and Trivium and a variety of others.

For the record, there's even material with operatic vocals:

tqEHRTr1ouo

eNGzltK_tlc

I tend to like mix vocals more than one vocal style dominating the music. I also tend to like eclectic styles as well. Seriously there are so many different styles of metal to rock that you can spend a lifetime listening to completely different types.

Agreed with your last point. I started out a general hard rock fan, then went into Heavy Metal and Glam Metal and later into Power Metal and Symphonic Metal - and I also explored bits of Thrash Metal, Death Metal and Black Metal.

Dead Head as well as many of the 60's psychedelically bands too!

Right. Did you all ever listen to the internet radio station called Progg Radio, excellent metal with the voices I like.

GD Y-Y

You sir seem to have awesome music tastes. :xd:

Never heard of this radio, but I'm not much a radio listener. I prefer listening to records.

Secret Executioner

A couple of months later, here at last is the Snake video:

v0H4Ijw6buw

Made using the same .avi file I used for the Centipede video and Windows Movie Maker, and I got some trouble finding a song that wouldn't be too long or too slow. But I'm rather happy with the result here, especially in the second half. :smile:

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
Here's a little music video I put together - it's centered on The Centipede, but I'm working on videoes focused on The Snake and on The Toad as well.

Had to use a different copy of the movie (I don't know how to rip DVDs and the action is too fast to be recorded on screen with CamStudio), an English-dubbed DivX file.

3whnQ77Ols4

Enjoy. :laluot_22:

you timed that opening riff perfectly to the plate smashing. I really enjoy these tribute videos but often I find the music does not fit the footage. This did.

Secret Executioner

Thanks for the comment, Lady Bufa Chun Yao.

So... No love for The Snake ? :sad:

Archived