movie identification - hk 80's (long shot)

blowbigchunks

blowbigchunks

Hi forum, I was hoping this would ring a bell with someone, unfortunately I have very little info about the film, but here goes anyway.

It was a HK film probably from the late 80's, I guess a cop actioner. The leads were a female detective and I believe, a Japanese guy (not takeshi kaneshiro lol). The only part I remember is the end where first she is dressing his wounds, after which he puts on a cool leather bomber jacket over his bandages, and then comes the final fight.

I want to say it was in a field somewhere. He locks her in the car for her protection. He then takes on a japanese gang in a swordfight. He of course defeats them all but suffers mortal wounds in the process. She finally kicks through the side window but only in time to hold him as he dies. The end.

I know it's a long shot but this has been bugging me for years, I would be so grateful.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi forum, I was hoping this would ring a bell with someone, unfortunately I have very little info about the film, but here goes anyway.

It was a HK film probably from the late 80's, I guess a cop actioner. The leads were a female detective and I believe, a Japanese guy (not takeshi kaneshiro lol).

I was thinking Royal Warriors at this point, then I read the rest and you completely lost me, haha!

One Armed Boxer

The description is tricky because elements of it appear in a few movies that spring to mind, but like Keung said the ending you mention also throws me off. Could it be possible you're mixing up the order of events? Either way, the only modern day set movies that spring to mind featuring a female cop partnered with a Japanese agent are -

Royal Warriors (1986) - Michelle Yeoh & Hiroyuki Sanada

Iron Angels (1986) - Moon Lee & Saijo Hideki

In the Line of Duty 3 (1987) - Cynthia Khan & Hiroshi Fujioka (I'm pretty sure his character dies)

Chances are it has to be one of these 3.

blowbigchunks

I'm pretty sure I have those events right, what I could be mistaken about is whether the male lead was actually Japanese. He could have been a chinese actor playing a Japanese guy or it might even have just been a chinese character with some kind of connection to a Japanese gang.

I distinctly recall the swordfight involved Japanese weapons, either typical katana or perhaps smaller blades.

I'll check those movies again but I don't think the endings of them match what I think I remember.

thx

Archived