Untitled Bruce Lee Biopic

SamSeed

I know what you're thinking, another biopic. But the intersting thing about this is that its being developed by his daughter Shannon Lee, who says that she wants to "capture the philosophies and artistry" of her father. Should be interesting to see how ths turns out.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a632405/bruce-lees-daughter-shannon-developing-new-biopic-of-action-star.html#~p5NBSFVpXrx9XO

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they fucking kidding us? Is there still money to be made with this? And is there really an interest to watch the god knows how many-th film about his life?

Such a project in the hands of the current Lee estate is literally terrifying.

The documentary "Using No Way As Way" was their baby and it made me feel physically sick.

The whole outfit is fake sugar coated Hollywood horseshit.

DragonClaws

Is this the film that's based on the Wong Jack Man fight?. That project sounded interesting because it wasn't connected to the estate as far as I know. Is the estate taking over that idea or doing a film of their own?.

Is this the film that's based on the Wong Jack Man fight?. That project sounded interesting because it wasn't connected to the estate as far as I know. Is the estate taking over that idea or doing a film of their own?.

I remember talk of that project after the release of the book "Showdown in Oakland" which was quite a detailed look at the Wong Jack Man fight. If the movie was to be based on the book the Lee estate wouldn't like it at all as it gives a very different look at what happened and the reasons the fight took place in the first place, rubbishing the claim that it was about teaching martial arts to non Chinese that Linda and Shannon have always used to give Bruce a rather heroic quality.

DragonClaws
I remember talk of that project after the release of the book "Showdown in Oakland" which was quite a detailed look at the Wong Jack Man fight. If the movie was to be based on the book the Lee estate wouldn't like it at all as it gives a very different look at what happened and the reasons the fight took place in the first place, rubbishing the claim that it was about teaching martial arts to non Chinese that Linda and Shannon have always used to give Bruce a rather heroic quality.

Thanks for that,

There's plenty of materiel on Bruce Lee in books, magazines etc. Just so little genuine information amongst it all. Another biopic and another re-telling of the story to suit the 21st century.

Archived