Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu (1981)

tubanluan

In the 90's, I passed by a TV playing a Hong kong martial arts movie, which seemed like it was made in the 80's, but earlier is also possible. I could catch only a fight scene, in which a big guy, who looks like a villain, carrying a big mace, was surrounded by a bunch of people fighting with big, red flags. It looked as if those people were not skillful in kungfu, but they had learned a technique of coordinating among themselves, and using sheer number to overcome superior opponents. At the end, they succeeded in wrapping the mace-wielding guy in their flags and beat him to death.

I think the villain was some sort of bandit, and the people fighting him were ordinary people resisting his oppression, from the way it looks, but I'm not very sure about that.

Anybody here has an idea about what the movie maybe?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if anybody wonders what a Chinese mace looks like, here is an image. The head of the weapon in the movie has a slightly different shape, and the guy carried only one mace, not a pair.

e8.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that looks like the one. I'm surprised that you the drama movie master have seen this more than once. I think I barely made it through my one viewing. I remember Chang Shan being on the cover but he's not in the movie:tinysmile_angry2_t:

masterofoneinchpunch
Yeah that looks like the one. I'm surprised that you the drama movie master have seen this more than once. I think I barely made it through my one viewing. I remember Chang Shan being on the cover but he's not in the movie:tinysmile_angry2_t:

I happened to have it on VHS (my brothers copy), then several years later watched in on DVD (I'm not even sure what release of it, its somewhere in my collection.) No not a good movie. But for some reason I remembered that scene (well technically I narrowed it down to several movies in my head.)

I saw Militant Eagle last year and remembered the giant, but he was dispatched with some nest. I like his club though.

How in the world were you able to respond so quick?:smile: This must be my lucky year. A great many thanks.

Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu

Here is the link (the scene starts at the link; the youtube below doesn't allow it to start at a time: go to 49:33 on youtube below.)

I can't believe I remembered this Taiwanese film, though I've seen this a few times.

Y8VoFjoXYD4#t=2973

masterofoneinchpunch
How in the world were you able to respond so quick?:smile: This must be my lucky year. A great many thanks.

Just plain luck, especially with Taiwanese films (I have seen many more HK movies.) There's so many scenes from martial art films when I rewatch it I wonder why I didn't remember that. And then there are a few scenes that I will never forget

SpookyEncounters.jpg

Plus around here you have some very knowledgeable people so it tends to be a race to who can name that film the first.

Morgoth Bauglir

Plus around here you have some very knowledgeable people so it tends to be a race to who can name that film the first.

That is true. I can't check the DVD until tomorrow, but I was gonna win this race. And I did win it. But then I got disqualified for some reason:angel:

Does anyone know who the guy in the striped pajamas is? He is so bad he makes his costume look like it was made for only the manliest of men.

I see he's in a few others I've seen too, I'll have to look out for him more in those. I figured you would be the one to answer this Morgoth.

Archived