Ninja Terminator (1985) (Appreciation thread)

DragonClaws

Secret Executioner
I'd like to see a sequel with Jaguar Wong, but I had no idea there was sort of a sequel out there. I'll take it!

It's rather a sequel for the Ninja part - although the connection is very loose. And with the Ninjas battling over the statue there, I guess The Ultimate Ninja is kind of a sequel too (Bruce Baron the red Ninja vs a bunch of Black Ninjas, not sure how it fits in terms of continuity).

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
Golden Ninja Warrior is the one with the 'Wonder Woman' like character isn't it?

It has a female lady, yes. This leads to some disturbing stuff with the heroin getting beaten and raped... Hate this movie because of those scenes.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

It a long time since I watched Golden Ninja Warrior and cant recall much about it. Is it the one where the female lead gets flogged by gangsters?.

Jaguar Wong & Richard Harrison should have been paired up again. Ninja Terminator 2:Return Of The Ninja Empire, an action packed story about intrigue, betrayal & the way of the ninja (Coming soon to this screen).

Secret Executioner
It a long time since I watched Golden Ninja Warrior and cant recall much about it. Is it the one where the female lead gets flogged by gangsters?.

Here's the trailer, in case it rings a bell:

8X9MZIcalrs

• Like 1

DragonClaws
Here's the trailer, in case it rings a bell:

8X9MZIcalrs

"women fighting each other in breathtaking scenes of violence" gotta love those trailer voice overs.

I remember it now, certainly not in the same league as Ninja Terminator. The trailers funnier than the film itself.

Secret Executioner
"women fighting each other in breathtaking scenes of violence" gotta love those trailer voice overs.

I remember it now, certainly not in the same league as Ninja Terminator. The trailers funnier than the film itself.

The film is pretty weak IMO. Definitely not on par with Ninja Terminator indeed.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Thought some of you Ninja Terminator fans might enjoy this.

Weird Cinema:Episode 1 IFD Films & Arts (24-mins)

Link-

Shaolivevil
Thought some of you Ninja Terminator fans might enjoy this.

Weird Cinema:Episode 1 IFD Films & Arts 24-mins)

Link-

Great find, DragonClaws.

Very informative...

• Like 1

DragonClaws
Great find, DragonClaws.

Very informative...

Glad you enjoyed it Shaollivevil, it featured a lot of information that was new to me too.

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm watching Ninja Terminator right now. Most people who haven't seen this movie probably think that it is nonstop action, but there is some heavy drama also. In the funeral scene 8 minutes in Ikaza gives an epic speech. I think it's the goofy voice that sells it.

"Hey, Michiko my sister don't worry, we'll always remember Tomashi as the wonderful person and brother that he was to us, may god rest his soul. But Michiko I'm bothered, bothered by his death. It seems so strange. This whole thing, is damn suspicious. Michiko, do you think our brother was hiding something, something illegal that we didn't know about, like drugs or smuggling, or maybe even Triad activity? I mean why would anyone want to get rid of Tomashi? And then get evidence, to show that he was murdered. It just doesn't make any sense at all, does it? The police say, that he was found with pieces of metal in his back. That definitely means that somebody wanted him dead. It's so strange. Come Michiko, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. But I have to find out what happened, for Tomashi's sake, and for the sake of our family. You understand?"

• Like 1

DragonClaws
I'm watching Ninja Terminator right now. Most people who haven't seen this movie probably think that it is nonstop action, but there is some heavy drama also. In the funeral scene 8 minutes in Ikaza gives an epic speech. I think it's the goofy voice that sells it.

"Hey, Michiko my sister don't worry, we'll always remember Tomashi as the wonderful person and brother that he was to us, may god rest his soul. But Michiko I'm bothered, bothered by his death. It seems so strange. This whole thing, is damn suspicious. Michiko, do you think our brother was hiding something, something illegal that we didn't know about, like drugs or smuggling, or maybe even Triad activity? I mean why would anyone want to get rid of Tomashi? And then get evidence, to show that he was murdered. It just doesn't make any sense at all, does it? The police say, that he was found with pieces of metal in his back. That definitely means that somebody wanted him dead. It's so strange. Come Michiko, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. But I have to find out what happened, for Tomashi's sake, and for the sake of our family. You understand?"

Superb acting and a great script make's for some great ninja related drama. I wonder if Ninja Terminator ever appeared at Cannes film festival?.

Morgoth Bauglir

"Ikaza, I don't know what.. I don't know what we're gonna do without Tomashi. It.. it.. it just doesn't seem fair."

I'm not too familiar with Cannes but if they show artsy movies then Ninja Terminator would fit right in. Ikaza's speech is fascinating. The way he tries to say it all in a single sentence must have been a challenge. When I first saw the movie I remember thinking- this guy may never quit talking. This scene may never end!

• Like 1

DragonClaws
"Ikaza, I don't know what.. I don't know what we're gonna do without Tomashi. It.. it.. it just doesn't seem fair."

I'm not too familiar with Cannes but if they show artsy movies then Ninja Terminator would fit right in. Ikaza's speech is fascinating. The way he tries to say it all in a single sentence must have been a challenge. When I first saw the movie I remember thinking- this guy may never quit talking. This scene may never end!

They show all kinds of films from around the world Morgoth. I'm amazed Ninja Terminator hasn't won any awards yet.

DragonClaws

Best cut and paste movie lol.

It's a shame Godfrey Ho didn't produce a sequel. Jack Lam & Richard Harrison needed to pair up again.

DragonClaws
You guys talking about Ninja Terminator? :) I thought Mafia vs Ninja was pretty decent also

Watching Mafia vs Ninja is an experience that's for sure. Never seen anyone fight off ninja's 'with an up tree befor. The dubbing is some of the funniest and worst Ive ever heard. Had Richard Harrison or Jack Lam appeared in the movie it would have been a classic.

DragonClaws said:
Watching Mafia vs Ninja is an experience that's for sure. Never seen anyone fight off ninja's 'with an up tree befor. The dubbing is some of the funniest and worst Ive ever heard. Had Richard Harrison or Jack Lam appeared in the movie it would have been a classic.

I've seen several of the fights. Great dialog:

"There's been some rapes in the area."
"I've never raped any women."

"Aren't we friends?"
"Did you think of that, when you used me?"
"Right. Now I'm gonna kill you!"

"Why did you attack us?"
"Because...because I love you."

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
DrNgor said:
I've seen several of the fights. Great dialog:

"There's been some rapes in the area."

"I've never raped any women."

"Aren't we friends?"

"Did you think of that, when you used me?"

"Right. Now I'm gonna kill you!"

"Why did you attack us?"

"Because...because I love you."

The scene where Alexander Lou meets his sidekick in the alley at the start is pretty funny. I think that's were the dialogue you quoted first comes from.

Edited by DragonClaws

Question: Besides Ninja Terminator, are there any other IFD or Filmark films where the non-inserted footage comes from what appears to be a genuinely entertaining martial arts movie?

• Like 2