Ninja Terminator (1985) (Appreciation thread)

DragonClaws

Secret Executioner
Thanks for sharing the link ThunderScore, that sites new to me.

This is DVD set I have that features Ninja Terminator

Link- http://www.nanarland.com/Chroniques/ninjasquad/dvd4.jpg

I have the individual Ninja Terminator DVD by these guys:

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=5733

That and a Ninja Dragon/The Ninja Squad pack (or rather double-sided disc) - these two are worth a watch as well BTW. :smile:

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=5734

• Like 1

I did watch all four films in the set but only re-visited Ninja Terminator. Hollywood DVD also released a few other Asso-Asia titles. These were not cut and paste Ninja films though.

That and a Ninja Dragon/The Ninja Squad pack (or rather double-sided disc) - these two are worth a watch as well BTW. :smile:

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=5734

Two of my absolute favorite Godfrey Ho Ninja flicks! I have these both on VHS and that same DVD set. Always a guilty pleasure...:wink:

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I have the Videoasia DVD for Ninja Terminator. Actually I have 2 copies. George Tan and Godfrey Ho, a perfect combination. If you don't believe me watch Mr. X:xd:

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Is the VideoAsia release in Widescreen Morgoth?. George Tan & Godfrey Ho actually worked on a project together?.

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't think there's a widescreen DVD for Ninja Terminator. But a wide version does exist. Probably available on torrent sites.

You haven't seen Mr. X? You are lucky:tongue:

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Let's not forget another star in the movie: the Garfield phone.

(seriously, that phone is one of the funniest things ever - I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw the film)

post-35689-144191904383_thumb.gif

• Like 2

DragonClaws

There's a widescreen print on Youtube.

Link-

Never had the honor of watching Mr X Morgoth.

I have heard that Ninjer like to watch Garfield in their spare time.

Morgoth Bauglir
Let's not forget another star in the movie: the Garfield phone.

(seriously, that phone is one of the funniest things ever - I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw the film)

It is a star studded cast that's for sure. Can you name the other movies the Garfield phone appeared in? I can't.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir
There's a widescreen print on Youtube.

Link-

Never had the honor of watching Mr X Morgoth.

I have heard that Ninjer like to watch Garfield in their spare time.

Mr X stars Joe Lewis. If you thought Death Cage was bad then hold onto your seat for Mr. X. What's awesome about Mr. X is that Godfrey Ho has a role in the movie, although I think it's just a scene of two. I don't think George Tan is in the movie, sadly. But he is credited as writer.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
It is a star studded cast that's for sure. Can you name the other movies the Garfield phone appeared in? I can't.

According to nanarland.com: it's seen in Diamond Ninja Force (along with the Golden Ninja Warrior statue) and it's briefly seen with its co-star Richard Harrison in Ninja Champion (more of a cameo here).

• Like 2

And don't forget about the toy robot...

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Do you really think I would forget about the robot? I actually have a movie script that I'm working on that's all about robots. It is a Ninja Terminator spinoff. It will star the robot from Ninja Terminator and the robot from Rocky 4. Screech's robot from Saved by the Bell will have a cameo. The story is very similar to Brokeback Mountain but it's not a ripoff. It is a love story , but there are lots of fight scenes and also some horror elements. It's called Hardships of the Ninja Robot.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
Mr X stars Joe Lewis. If you thought Death Cage was bad then hold onto your seat for Mr. X. What's awesome about Mr. X is that Godfrey Ho has a role in the movie, although I think it's just a scene of two. I don't think George Tan is in the movie, sadly. But he is credited as writer.

Godfrey Ho a man of many talents, not only a producer and director but actor too. Is it worse than True Game Of Death?.

Morgoth Bauglir

I can't say it's as bad as True Game. I don't remember anything about it except I was excited to see Lung Tien Sheng in a leading role. Mr. X is definitely more memorable.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Just re-watched this one. Man, I hadn't laughed that hard in ages - I lost it when the toy robot delivered the tape to Johnathan Wattis (the guy who eats a watermelon) - the contrast between the dramatic pose and that little toy showing up just killed me. But between Jaguar's badass attitude (he hits people with baseballs during a fight - is the baseball bat dude in The Raid 2 a nod to Jaguar Wong ? I hope there's a dice killer in the third one since Jaguar also throws a dice in HJL's face and gets a 6), the guy who drops out of nowhere to take revenge on his brother (just noticed he used snake fist), the way Hwang Jang Lee is defeated (though the most memorable part of his character would be that wig)... There's just too much stuff that will at least make you smile, but can as well cause incontrolable outbursts of laughter. :tongue:

Anyone spotted the ship passing by (far in the background I mean) during the fight on the rocks when Jaguar goes to save his girlfriend (it's when he's fighting a long-haired dude wearing a grey shirt - it's in the trailer actually) ? It's a little detail that caught my attention somehow. :tongue:

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Notice in the scene when the robot shows up to deliver its message to Jonathan Wattis, it can't get over the door jam. I think this makes the robot look even more intimidating, because if it did get over that door jam, it would be a bloodbath.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Every house should have a VHS carrying mini robot.

Lung Tien Sheng, I wasn't too impressed by his performance in TGOD. The choreography isn't all that good in the film. Is there a better example of his screen fighting talents?

If I ever find Mr X cheap ill watch it just for the Godfrey Ho/Joe Lewis connection.

Morgoth Bauglir

Check out his stylish snake fist in World of Drunken Master. Also 5 Element Ninjas and Boxer's Adventure. He's not the star of any of these but he puts in good work.

Have you ever thought about a sequel to Ninja Terminator? Such a missed opportunity!

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
Have you ever thought about a sequel to Ninja Terminator? Such a missed opportunity!

Isn't Golden Ninja Warrior kind of a sequel ? It opens with footage from the end fight and there's a story about protecting the Golden Ninja Warrior statue. :neutral:

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I'd like to see a sequel with Jaguar Wong, but I had no idea there was sort of a sequel out there. I'll take it!

• Like 1