Ninja Terminator (1985) (Appreciation thread)

DragonClaws

I've never seen this movie...should I? I mean, is it viewed by people here the same way "7 Steps of Kung Fu" and "The Deadly Challenger" is?

• Like 1

I've never seen this movie...should I? I mean, is it viewed by people here the same way "7 Steps of Kung Fu" and "The Deadly Challenger" is?

7 Steps Of Kung Fu & The Deadly Challenger are much better films DrNgor. Ninja Terminator has more of a cult following but its an acquired taste shall we say?.

Secret Executioner
7 Steps Of Kung Fu & The Deadly Challenger are much better films DrNgor. Ninja Terminator has more of a cult following but its an acquired taste shall we say?.

You betrayed the Ninjer empire and you must die for your treachery. Only a Ninja can defeat a Ninja. (a toy robot will bring you a VHS containing footage from the other movie and instructions)

DrNgor: check out the trailer on youtube and see for yourself. It's one of the best Godfrey Ho Ninja movies.

• Like 1

IMO Words can't, and shouldn't describe it for those who haven't seen it. It's best to go in knowing less, because you really will have no idea what to expect every minute, except to be entertained.

• Like 1

You betrayed the Ninjer empire and you must die for your treachery. Only a Ninja can defeat a Ninja. (a toy robot will bring you a VHS containing footage from the other movie and instructions)

DrNgor: check out the trailer on youtube and see for yourself. It's one of the best Godfrey Ho Ninja movies.

LMAO, the toy robot caught me off guard whilst I was gardening. Looks like I must dust off my Jaguar Wong style flairs/sunglasses and expect a ninja attack at anytime.

It is now one of my goals this year to help start up a cult following for a movie on this board...I jest...or do I?

There plenty of Kung Fu flicks to pick from:smile:, the IFD films are a good place to start.

Secret Executioner

Duuuude, that second quote is not from me. DrNgor said that.

You need to pay attention if you want to master the Supreme Power of the Golden Ninjer Warrior.

• Like 1

Duuuude, that second quote is not from me. DrNgor said that.

You need to pay attention if you want to master the Supreme Power of the Golden Ninjer Warrior.

You are right, Ive much to learn before I can master the Supreme Power of the Golden Ninjer Warrior.

Post edited and corrected.

The original Korean film with Hwang Jung Lee is entitled The Uninvited Guest of the Star Ferry. The star of the film is Lim Ja-Ho, or as many of us will know him as, Jack Lam. He has some amazing kicking skills himself and I love his final fight against Hwang.

tn_DPK03773A.jpg

copy%5C00%5C13%5C12%5CDSKB001565_01.JPG

copy%5C00%5C13%5C12%5CDSKB001562_01.JPG

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The original Korean film with Hwang Jung Lee is entitled The Uninvited Guest of the Star Ferry. The star of the film is Lim Ja-Ho, or as many of us will know him as, Jack Lam. He has some amazing kicking skills himself and I love his final fight against Hwang.

tn_DPK03773A.jpg

copy%5C00%5C13%5C12%5CDSKB001565_01.JPG

copy%5C00%5C13%5C12%5CDSKB001562_01.JPG

Thanks for posting the original films promo posters/film info Albert:smile:. Id love a copy of the first image for the spare room.

Is there a release of Uninvited Guest Of The Star Ferry on DVD/VCD or VHS?.

Thanks for posting the original films promo posters/film info Albert:smile:. Id love a copy of the first image for the spare room.

Is there a release of Uninvited Guest Of The Star Ferry on DVD/VCD or VHS?.

I've checked but so far, came up empty. This might be one of those films that are available only on film from their film archive.

• Like 1

I've checked but so far, came up empty. This might be one of those films that are available only on film from their film archive.

They need to dig this out of the archive and release it. Ive noticed Hwang Jang Lee has black hair on one of the images on the bottom pic. The shot I mean is of him doing a high kick. In the rest of the images he has the blond wig on like the clips in NT. Maybe he had multiple hair pieces in the original film?.

They need to dig this out of the archive and release it. Ive noticed Hwang Jang Lee has black hair on one of the images on the bottom pic. The shot I mean is of him doing a high kick. In the rest of the images he has the blond wig on like the clips in NT. Maybe he had multiple hair pieces in the original film?.

Ummmmm...hmmmm how do I put this?

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Someone REALLY needs to rewatch NT. (spoiler alert) HJL takes off his white suit and his blonde wig before fighting Jaguar in the end of the film, so I guess this must be from this part.

• Like 1

Someone REALLY needs to rewatch NT. (spoiler alert) HJL takes off his white suit and his blonde wig before fighting Jaguar in the end of the film, so I guess this must be from this part.

Yeah thank you GHW :) I almost spoiled it but did a quick re-edit.

• Like 1

I have shamed the ninja empire:sad:.

Ive only seen NT a couple of times since getting it on DVD. Excuse me if I get some of the finer details wrong.

This isn't available in Brazil. The only cut n' paste ninja films I can find are Ninja Thunderbolt; Ninja the Champion; and Ninja the Protector.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

When I was trying to list my top 10 favorite movies, I think Ninja Terminator ended up #10. Movies like 7 Steps and The Challenger are great, but Ninja Terminator's level of fun is several notches above those movies. Its cheesiness is what gives this movie legendary status but there's also plenty of top notch kickfighting. And of course there's also intense ninja action with Richard Harrison. "Ninjer are supreme, and you have double crossed it. Why did you do that?"

• Like 1

This isn't available in Brazil. The only cut n' paste ninja films I can find are Ninja Thunderbolt; Ninja the Champion; and Ninja the Protector.

There's a widescreen version up on Youtube at the moment if you having trouble obtaining a copy.

I didn't have any knowledge of this film befor watching it. The film as given to me as a gift for Christmas back when I was still a student. The film came was part of a set of Godfrey Ho ninja films released by Hollywood DVD. The set contained two DVDs with Ninja Terminator, Ninja The Protector, Golden Ninja Warrior & Ninja Dragon.