Richard Geddes from Terracotta on the new Classic Kung Fu label

DragonClaws

With no new releases in their small Kung Fu range, for almost two years?. Anyone know if Terracotta plan to release any more Kung Fu related titles in 2018?.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

With no new releases in their small Kung Fu range, for almost two years?. Anyone know if Terracotta plan to release any more Kung Fu related titles in 2018?.

If I recall correctly the low sales of the last titles they released sadly put a nail in the coffin for any future kung-fu releases.  A shame, as their release of 'Nine Demons' was awesome, and it completely changed my opinion of the movie watching it in its original language with a (almost) pristine picture.

15 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

If I recall correctly the low sales of the last titles they released sadly put a nail in the coffin for any future kung-fu releases.  A shame, as their release of 'Nine Demons' was awesome, and it completely changed my opinion of the movie watching it in its original language with a (almost) pristine picture.

Too bad these guys didnt start selling titles back during the peak years of DVD. Before it was over saturated with poor quality bootleg releases, n the U.K at least.

DragonClaws
22 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Did Terracotta stop releasing old martial arts movies ??

Sadly they did stop releasing old-school Kung Fu flms.

One Armed Boxer
22 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Did Terracotta stop releasing old martial arts movies ??

Yep, like @DragonClaws said, they stopped releasing them a long time ago.  They haven't bowed out of Asian cinema altogether though, and having recently been acquired (along with Third Window Films) by Arrow, I'm hopeful the line could be revived at some point, most likely under the Arrow banner since it's a brand with a significantly large following these days.

Quite puzzling why, judging by release schedules there's still a demand in the German market for classic kung fu movies yet the UK market is pretty much dead and buried.

Archived