Richard Geddes from Terracotta on the new Classic Kung Fu label

DragonClaws

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yes they should be applauded for this! I'm behind them 100% and will be getting this new release for sure. :nerd:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

If they are using Toby Russel's interview I'm sure they must at least know him. I'm not sure how involved the old EH team are with new releases of old school Kung Fu films?. It just nice to see decent quality releases and not just the same old Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan titles.

Terracotta have just announced their latest kung fu classic title THE KING OF FISTS AND DOLLARS.

Dir: Chen Ming-hua

Cast: David Chiang, Danny Lee, Pearl Cheung Ling, Chao Hsiung

Language: Mandarin with English subtitles / English dubbed, French dubbed, Catalan dubbed.

Released on 13th April.

Is this known as anything else?

DragonClaws
Is this known as anything else?

Its also known under the title Challenge Of The Shaolin Disciples. There's no other alternative titles I'm aware of?.

Its also known under the title Challenge Of The Shaolin Disciples. There's no other alternative titles I'm aware of?.

I'm not familiar with either title but it's exciting seeing new releases with good picture quality. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Shanghai 13 and heroes of Shaolin in the near future.

Killer Meteor

My general thing is to buy directly from the company, rather than let Amazon take a large cut.

I was watching Hero of Shaolin, which I enjoyed very much. The picture quality as others have said is very good and really adds to the experience. Anyway, while I was watching a thought popped across my head that Terracotta may well release Shaolin vs Lama. Wouldn't it be awesome to see that in widescreen with a fantastic picture! Somehow I have a feeling it's going to happen.

My general thing is to buy directly from the company, rather than let Amazon take a large cut.

To be honest I never even realised you could buy directly. I think in future I will try and do the same for future terracotta releases.

Didn`t realize besides "hero of shaolin" I also have Lady Assassin by them, found it when browsing my mountain of unwatched stuff. Viewed flick, quality is great.

Movie is average, in 1st hour not much is happening but pretty girls and good landscapes makes it OK watching. I wish martial arts would be better, end fight lasts nice ~20 mins.Lot of wires and slow motions are used, have seen worse tho.

DragonClaws
I was watching Hero of Shaolin, which I enjoyed very much. The picture quality as others have said is very good and really adds to the experience. Anyway, while I was watching a thought popped across my head that Terracotta may well release Shaolin vs Lama. Wouldn't it be awesome to see that in widescreen with a fantastic picture! Somehow I have a feeling it's going to happen.

To be honest I never even realised you could buy directly. I think in future I will try and do the same for future terracotta releases.

Buying directly from the site is a great way to support their releases.

Shaolin VS Lama would be a great title for Terrocotta to release. It might be an idea to email them with suggestions for future releases?.

DragonClaws

Great to hear about another new release.

Ive never watched this Godfrey Ho directed Dragon Lee film. Unless its been released before in the U.K under another title?.

Morgoth Bauglir

Has one of these old Korean kung fu movies ever been released with really good picture quality, with good colors and not dirty looking like most Korean kung fu? I may get The Dragon's Snake Fist just for that. I think the best quality I've seen is Shaolin the Blood Mission which is good VHS quality.

Does anyone know if they use paypal and ship worldwide ?

I sent them a message 3 days ago and still no answer as yet...

Thanks for any reply.

Has one of these old Korean kung fu movies ever been released with really good picture quality, with good colors and not dirty looking like most Korean kung fu? I may get The Dragon's Snake Fist just for that. I think the best quality I've seen is Shaolin the Blood Mission which is good VHS quality.

Originally Posted by ShawAngela

Does anyone know if they use paypal and ship worldwide ?

I sent them a message 3 days ago and still no answer as yet...

Thanks for any reply

The Dragon's Snake Fist should be the same good image and sound quality as Heroes Of Shaolin and Shanghai 13. Mono sound 2.35.1 Widescreen Cinemascope original theatre aspect ratio so I would really not hesitate to purchase these releases based on image and sound quality.

ShawAngela you can purchase via PayPal https://tictail.com/checkout/terracotta?cart_token=7649d42aab44431e8413b560ccb051c3 and there is free shipping to The United Kingdom and Europe and I presume they will ship worldwide; if this isn't the case then I don't think you would be able to finish payment at checkout as you would have to give a delivery address which the system would then accept or reject.Just be aware that the dvds are region 2.

DragonClaws
This is some publicity but do not pay great heed to the synopsis as it is not that accurate.

http://www.ifdfilms.com/PRESSBKS/d13_prsbk_ee.pdf. You can magnify the image for a larger viewing image.

Thanks for this Kwok Choi, I don't think Ive watched this movie before.

The prints on Korean films are often even worse than the old worn out HK one's. One of the worst Ive sat through is Duel Of The Ultimate Weapons.

Morgoth Bauglir
Thanks for this Kwok Choi, I don't think Ive watched this movie before.

The prints on Korean films are often even worse than the old worn out HK one's. One of the worst Ive sat through is Duel Of The Ultimate Weapons.

Get the East West DVD for Ultimate Weapons.

DragonClaws
Get the East West DVD for Ultimate Weapons.

Thanks Morgoth, I love the opening to the film:smile:.

Archived