Richard Geddes from Terracotta on the new Classic Kung Fu label

DragonClaws

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I'm surprised that Hero of Shaolin wasn't remastered. It looks really good. When I watched the trailer I actually thought it was a Bluray release. I wonder if they cleaned it up at all. I plan to get Shanghai 13 ASAP, probably after my tax return. I'm high on Terracotta even though I don't have any of their releases. A good release of Shanghai 13 is truly a dream come true. It's killing me that I don't own it yet!

I'm surprised that Hero of Shaolin wasn't remastered. It looks really good. When I watched the trailer I actually thought it was a Bluray release. I wonder if they cleaned it up at all. I plan to get Shanghai 13 ASAP, probably after my tax return. I'm high on Terracotta even though I don't have any of their releases. A good release of Shanghai 13 is truly a dream come true. It's killing me that I don't own it yet!

I was very surprised to read Hero Of Shaolin wasn't remastered. Why cant all Classic Martial Arts flicks look this good?. Geddes mentions remastering can be too expensive to pull off with some of the Kung Fu titles. Often because they don't make enough money from sales to cover the cost of it or break even at least.

Nice to know they have more releases planned for this year.

They should also try exploring Goldig Films HK and The Eternal Film HK catalogue including films they distributed I believe they will find decent enough material with an overall reasonable UK Rights package.

That's sounds like a good idea Kwok Choi. I wished Hong Kong Legends had gone this root and not just focused on the bigger more well known titles.

Morgoth Bauglir

There's so many movies I'd love to have a nice version of, but the one I think about the most is Killer in White. And if it had an interview with Tung Wei or anybody else talking about the filming of it my life would be complete.

Pagoda Films made a mistake in my opinion with a very limited dvd release of the only officially known original 2.35.1 CinemaScope Widescreen image aspect ratio of The Incredible Kung Fu Mission sourced I am made to believe from a very good 35mm print.Since the dvd has been OOP for quite some time,rare, but still in demand, (check out these prices http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Kung-Mission-Polly-Kuan/dp/B00006G8G7/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1425030435&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=the+incredible+kung+fu+mission+pagoda+films+premium+collection) Terracotta should give this a thought.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006G8G7/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Imagine Rebellious Reign in good widescreen quality :o.

Is amazon.uk the best place to get these releases for someone in the US?

Morgoth Bauglir

There is a decent widescreen VCD but it's not English friendly.

Is amazon.uk the best place to get these releases for someone in the US?

Amazons a good place to pick up these titles. I'm not sure how much shipping etc would cost if you live in the states?. There's currently quite a few copies of their Shanghai 13 release in my local DVD/BR stockist. There selling them at £15 each.

Pagoda Films made a mistake in my opinion with a very limited dvd release of the only officially known original 2.35.1 CinemaScope Widescreen image aspect ratio of The Incredible Kung Fu Mission sourced I am made to believe from a very good 35mm print.Since the dvd has been OOP for quite some time,rare, but still in demand, (check out these prices http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Kung-Mission-Polly-Kuan/dp/B00006G8G7/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1425030435&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=the+incredible+kung+fu+mission+pagoda+films+premium+collection) Terracotta should give this a thought.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006G8G7/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Wow, I sold my dvd of Incredible Kung Fu Mission on ebay a few months ago for like $5. Who would have thought...

How on earth did Terracotta Distribution manage to get the seemingly extra elusive Lu Feng to give an interview in the extra features of their Shanghai 13 DVD release; something even the mighty Celestial Pictures and Dragon Dynasty couldn't do or bother to do with their Lu Feng titles.

Killer Meteor
How on earth did Terracotta Distribution manage to get the seemingly extra elusive Lu Feng to give an interview in the extra features of their Shanghai 13 DVD release; something even the mighty Celestial Pictures and Dragon Dynasty couldn't do or bother to do with their Lu Feng titles.

I wonder if it's a Toby Russell interview?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

At one point you here the interviewer, and I definitely thought it sounded like Toby. Loved the interview, but Lu Feng seemed like he was very open to chatting and could've gone on for a long time, so I was sad it wasn't longer. But still! It was a fantastic extra. The Sonny Yu one was too. Seemed like he must have been given the questions in advance, then he prepared his own cue cards which he read his answers from, didn't it?

The film looks picture quality of SHANGHAI 13 looks incredible! :nerd:

Yeah it also sounded like Toby to me as well and Lu Feng was so likeable and loveable in the interview.He had such an open and warm personality in complete contrast to the characters he portrays on screen.It seemed he was really willing to open up and charmingly reveal quite a lot.He looked so relax and comfortable sitting like one of his larger than life characters enjoying intermittent puffs from his hookah.The sudden end to the interview made me believe that there was a lot more footage involving other topics possibly left out for future releases.Lu Feng was very complimentary to the industry stalwarts and his peers.He surprisingly turned out to be very modest in that interview. Way to go Terracotta and thank you Toby.

The film looks picture quality of SHANGHAI 13 looks incredible! :nerd:

Good to hear that. I am still waiting my for item(combined shipping with "day of anger" which is released at end of this month).

:nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Yeah it also sounded like Toby to me as well and Lu Feng was so likeable and loveable in the interview.He had such an open and warm personality in complete contrast to the characters he portrays on screen.It seemed he was really willing to open up and charmingly reveal quite a lot.He looked so relax and comfortable sitting like one of his larger than life characters enjoying intermittent puffs from his hookah.The sudden end to the interview made me believe that there was a lot more footage involving other topics possibly left out for future releases.Lu Feng was very complimentary to the industry stalwarts and his peers.He surprisingly turned out to be very modest in that interview. Way to go Terracotta and thank you Toby.

I'm in total agreement with everything you said. I hadn't mentioned the hookah, because I wanted people to have the same "What the...?! Am I really seeing that?" reaction that I did. :xd:

Fingers crossed that they do release a lot more titles, and that more of this interview is made available. Toby, if it was you that did the interview and you're listening, THANKS MAN! :wink:

BTW Kwok Choi, nice to see you back. Seems like you've been scare for a while.

Good to hear that. I am still waiting my for item(combined shipping with "day of anger" which is released at end of this month).

:nerd:

You won't be disappointed in this release.

It is an Interview Toby done, it was part of the fantastic Venoms doc he showed at the recent film shows......

BTW Kwok Choi, nice to see you back. Seems like you've been scare for a while.

KUNG FU BOB thanks for nodding my way,it is highly appreciated it shows what a unique fraternity we have all become through our love and passion for Kung Fu Cinema in general. Personal and professional matters gets in the way a lot but most times I browse incognito seeing if anything needs Mod attention.If not but there is a thread needing contribution,I log in briefly.When the coast is clear I try to stay a bit longer.

Anyway I'll always be with you guys and this forum in spirit regardless of being scarce at times and if any mishap were to happen (God Forbid) I have authorised my daughter to log in and spread the news.So sometimes no news means good news but whatever eventualities,I will always be with you guys in spirit.:bigsmile:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
KUNG FU BOB thanks for nodding my way,it is highly appreciated it shows what a unique fraternity we have all become through our love and passion for Kung Fu Cinema in general. Personal and professional matters gets in the way a lot but most times I browse incognito seeing if anything needs Mod attention.If not but there is a thread needing contribution,I log in briefly.When the coast is clear I try to stay a bit longer.

Anyway I'll always be with you guys and this forum in spirit regardless of being scarce at times and if any mishap were to happen (God Forbid) I have authorised my daughter to log in and spread the news.So sometimes no news means good news but whatever eventualities,I will always be with you guys in spirit.:bigsmile:

Oh my gosh... I haven't thought about that kind of thing since when Linn passed away. :squigglemouth: But I suppose it's something to consider. I'll do the same- write down my password for my wife in case... I don't know... the Manchus ambush me.

Hopefully you'll be around a long time bro! :bigsmile:

Terracotta have just announced their latest kung fu classic title THE KING OF FISTS AND DOLLARS.

Dir: Chen Ming-hua

Cast: David Chiang, Danny Lee, Pearl Cheung Ling, Chao Hsiung

Language: Mandarin with English subtitles / English dubbed, French dubbed, Catalan dubbed.

Released on 13th April.

Terracotta have just announced their latest kung fu classic title THE KING OF FISTS AND DOLLARS.

Dir: Chen Ming-hua

Cast: David Chiang, Danny Lee, Pearl Cheung Ling, Chao Hsiung

Language: Mandarin with English subtitles / English dubbed, French dubbed, Catalan dubbed.

Released on 13th April.

I like it.:bigsmile: Count me in. "Old School" making a comeback? Hooray...Hooray..its a holi-holiday...:bigsmile:

watch?v=IP20j9L185g

watch?v=uJkrA6DtDgQ

:bigsmile:

Archived