Alien 5 (2016/2017) - Directed by Neill Blomkamp

mpm74

Today, writer-director Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium and the upcoming Chappie) took to Instagram to confirm that his next movie will be an Alien (aka Alien 5) film.

This exciting news comes a month after Blomkamp shared some “personal” concept art for an Alien movie that had been running around his mind. The artwork – featuring the return of both Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) and Corporal Dwayne Hicks (Michael Biehn) – was a warm welcome to fans of the franchise, especially given the acclaim Blomkamp has received for his influential work.

http://www.cityonfire.com/its-official-neill-blomkamps-is-making-alien-5/

It's been confirmed?! :ooh:

Wow, amazing news.

If anyone's wondering, they can use Hicks as canonically Alien 3 no longer happened (the sole reason to be thankful the video game Aliens: Colonial Marines exists).

I'm guessing Ripley will be a clone?

Secret Executioner
If anyone's wondering, they can use Hicks as canonically Alien 3 no longer happened (the sole reason to be thankful the video game Aliens: Colonial Marines exists).

I'm guessing Ripley will be a clone?

I haven't followed things Alien too well, how was it retconned ? Events in Alien 4 ?

I haven't followed things Alien too well, how was it retconned ? Events in Alien 4 ?

The Colonial Marines game had Newt, Hicks and Ripley all survive the ending of Aliens.

In the game, Hicks no longer dies but is rescued, Newt more or less vanishes (I think) and Ripley gets killed off (a dumb move - I'm guessing so that the new continuity still lets Resurrection happen?)

The game was given the honor of being made canon, thereby wiping Alien 3 from the continuity.

So, Alien 5 should have an aged Hicks and an earlier Ripley clone as the main characters?

My head hurts. :tongue:

So...the Aliens are going to turn out to be misunderstood good guys and the real monsters will be the rich white people?

Can't wait.

Update: Blomkamp is out, Fede Alvarez is in. It has been confirmed that Alvarez, who recently produced and came up with the story of the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre, has written and will be directing the next official Alien film. Ridley Scott is producing and a lead has been found in rising actor Cailee Spaeny.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/cailee-spaeny-alien-movie-fede-alvarez-1235263450/

• Like 1