Rank the Venoms Films

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Morgoth Bauglir

Heaven and Hell is a lot of fun. And Lee I Min has a small but really good role in Life Gamble. I thought Life gamble was boring, but I still enjoyed it. 6/10 rating from me, almost the same rating that oldeschool gave it.:eek:;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it`s really pretty hard for me to rate best as everytime I rewatch seems I discover something new...but I think voting "masked avengers","2 champions of shaolin" and "kid with golden arm" not unfair.feels like more than after last view.

Man, I still haven't seen Masked Avengers.. Only seen the finale on youtube and it was INTENSE. It definately tops my to-get list. The three villains are Wong Lik, Chu Ko and Lu Feng, right?

I saw final too from youtube before got whole item..and seeing those clips really destroy something...that is why I dun watch Ode To Gallantry clip

Man, I still haven't seen Masked Avengers.. Only seen the finale on youtube and it was INTENSE. It definately tops my to-get list. The three villains are Wong Lik, Chu Ko and Lu Feng, right?

Thats correct

Invincible Shaolin

The Crippled Avengers

The Masked Avengers

The Five Venoms

Kid With The Golden Arm

If you saw no other Venoms fare, these would suffice.

Action, intrigue, set & costume design, these features have it all. :D

To be honest I don't really understand why so many people like KWTGA. The story was way too messy, and although some of the fights were alright, I've seen all the venoms do a lot better. All in all, I just wasn't as intrigued while watching this in comparison with the other venoms flicks I've seen. Maybe I should see the remastered version before I judge it completely, but I've watched my DVD twice now and it didn't do much.

I also wish there were a bit more hand to hand fights in some of the venoms movies, like there was in 5 venoms. The trident work in Masked Avengers is awesome though. Was something hypnotizing about Chu Ko's moves when he came down on the pillar in the final fight.

"more hand to hand fights"it pretty much depends does lo meng or sun chien stay in business to the end.Opera trained trio seems to do most weapons stuff,Invincible Shaolin rare item lu feng stays unarmed(but that does not make him less dangerous) through whole movie.

Sword Stained With Royal Blood features maybe least hand to hand fighting but for those who enjoy sword fights it`s bliss.

oldeschool17
To be honest I don't really understand why so many people like KWTGA. The story was way too messy, and although some of the fights were alright, I've seen all the venoms do a lot better. All in all, I just wasn't as intrigued while watching this in comparison with the other venoms flicks I've seen. Maybe I should see the remastered version before I judge it completely, but I've watched my DVD twice now and it didn't do much.

I also wish there were a bit more hand to hand fights in some of the venoms movies, like there was in 5 venoms. The trident work in Masked Avengers is awesome though. Was something hypnotizing about Chu Ko's moves when he came down on the pillar in the final fight.

The remastered version of Kid with the Golden Arm only includes a few minutes in the beginning and changes the sequence where Iron Robe sends out a signal. With that said, i highly doubt you need to watch the remastered version to get a different opinion. I think Silver Spear next to Golden Arm were the best characters in the movie.

And your Kuo Chu avatars are cool, OS. Are you the same OS with the old Avatar with the guy playing the instrament? Lol, that used to crack me up...

oldeschool17
And your Kuo Chu avatars are cool, OS. Are you the same OS with the old Avatar with the guy playing the instrament? Lol, that used to crack me up...

Thanks dragon. Yep im the same oldeschool17 from the old forum;)

It`s funny when asked best venom flick people drop long list of titles instead of naming just one...

Flag Of Iron in full version is fucking masterpiece(pity about mono sound in IVL disc),stay away from cut bastard english dub.

Chen Kuan Tai

Hello, I get from time to time more venom movies. They really great. What is after your opinion the best venom movie?

My favourite is Invincible Shaolin. I like the styles in it and the simple story, too. :) But it's really difficult, there are so other excellent venom movies.

That`s tricky question.There is 4 of venom movies I feel while watching feels THIS is the best venoms flick.

Right now it would be Invincible Shaolin

My favorite venoms movie is between The Magnificent Ruffians and Crippled Avengers. I absolutely adore those two movies. I liked Sword Stained with Royal Blood, but I missed Lo Mang and Sun Chien, on top of that Candy Wen's character grated on my nerves greatly.

You can probably tell from the signature.

& Crippled Avengers is my first or second favourite film at the moment.

Crippled Avengers, a perfect Venom film, a perfect Cheng Cheh film.

It`s almost perfect for me.Great characters,good storyline...

However in the end when Chiang Sheng and Kuo Chui fight Lu Feng the use of acrobatics is silly.At times looks good vs bad are not fighting but just practicing movements as there is physical contact without trying to hit,just rolling over enemys back.

i just watched the "five deadly venoms" last night and really liked it. it had some real nice fight sequences. for example, the fight between lo meng and lu feng. however, i would pick "crippled avengers" as the best venom movie

Archived