Rank the Venoms Films

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Hey guys,

I'm sure there's probably already a thread about this, but I was just wondering because I own several Venoms films and just want to make sure there's not a really good one that I'm missing.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
Hey guys, I'm sure there's probably already a thread about this, but I was just wondering because I own several Venoms films and just want to make sure there's not a really good one that I'm missing.

It would be beneficial to know which V-films you had to begin with and which ones of these you prefer.

All V-films are not created equal and certain movies suit certain tastes.

Guest oldeschool17

Crippled Avengers and Masked Avengers are probably my fav venoms films, followed by Flag of Iron and Magnificent Ruffians

Guest Chinatown Kid

My favorites are Invincible Shaolin, Kid with the Golden Arm, and Five Venoms. Magnificent Ruffians and Killer Army are great too....

5 Element Boxer

Flag of Iron is definitely one of my favorites. Such great choreography in that film. I also liked Shaolin Invincible, The Five Venoms, Chinatown Kid and Kid with the Golden Arm. Those are all the best Venoms films, in my humble opinion.

Guest will91XingYu

My favs are

Crippled Avengers

Masked Avengers

Daredevils

Killer Army

Kid with the Golden Arm

For me the best fight scene they did as a group is the last 20 minutes od Daredevils or Killer Army, and best opera group fight for me is Magnificent Ruffians.

Guest Endsang

Overall: 5 venoms.

Action and choreography: 2 Champions of Shaolin. The fight between Lo Meng and Wang Li on the stage is awesome, and what a great finale from Lu Feng.

I also enjoyed Crippled Avengers a lot for the inventive choreography, but the finale with the opera troupe was a bit too much of a performance (although impressive). I preferred Lo Meng vs Chen Kuan Tai. And by the way, what is up with that dodgy wirework on Kuo Chui at the end? (You know the one I mean). Almost looked like a blooper.

If I had to choose just one, then probably Five Deadly Venoms.

I've immensely enjoyed all Venom flicks I've seen - but 5DV kinda stands out.

1. Crippled Avengers

2. Flag of Iron

3. Masked Avengers

4. The Kid with the Golden Arm

5. Ten Tigers of Kwangtung (technically this was an all-star SB film, but the Venoms appear in it)

6. Chinatown Kid

7. Invincible Shaolin

8. Five Venoms

9. Daredevils

10. Magnificent Ruffians

11. Shaolin Rescuers

Guest jmungus

right this very moment, my venoms charts would look s/t like this (not counting BA series/chinatown kid/heaven and hell/shaolin temple/naval commandos):

1. crippled avengers

2. 5 venoms

3. masked avengers

4. killer army

5. kid with the golden arm

6. legend of the fox

7. magnificent ruffians

8. flag of iron

9. two champions

10. shaolin rescuers

11. house of traps

12. sword stained

13. ten tigers

14. invincible shaolin

15. ode to gallantry

16. daredevils

17. life gamble

special props to the great fun 'indie-venoms' (philip kwok directed) ninja in the deadly trap

killer army/rebel intruders= first venoms flick i ever owned (ca. 1986/7), gets extra credits.

LotF= one of the most inspired directorial works of CC`s late phase, therefore i rank it above some of the venoms most renowned classics.

invincible shaolin & the daredevils rank low like that cuz ive gotten a little sick of the training and demonstration schtick (with both) and i think invincible shaolin`s structure/plot is boring, cheap, anticlimactic.

with daredevils its mostly the radical emphasis on the training/demo thing, its gotta be mentioned tho that its showdown is a true all time kf-hall-of-famer.

havent watched the remastered version of the rescuers yet. theres a small chance it will climb a few positions once i have.

Guest WhiteTiger1
AlbertV

5. Ten Tigers of Kwangtung (technically this was an all-star SB film, but the Venoms appear in it)

Story-2/5

Plot-2/5

Kung Fu=5/5

Over All-2.5/5 only because of the Kung Fu.

Different strokes for different folks....

Just would not have it in my top 5. Venom's to me means the original 6 from 5 Deadly Venom's, the rest were 2nd tier Venom's and also the Baby Venom's

1.LIZARD- Kuo Chui

2.CENTIPEDE- Lu Feng

3.SCORPION- Sun Chein

4.TOAD- Lo Mang

5.SNAKE- Wei Pai

6.STUDENT- Chiang Sheng

ALL THE VENOM FILMS

Shaolin Temple aka Death Chamber

Naval Commandos

Brave Archer aka Kung-Fu Warlords

Chinatown Kid

Brave Archer Part 2 aka Kung-Fu Warlords Part II

Five Deadly Venoms aka 5 Deadly Venoms, aka Shaolin Deadly Poisons

Invincible Shaolin aka Unbeatable Dragon, aka Shaolin Bloodshed

Crippled Avengers aka Mortal Combat

Life Gamble

Shaolin Rescuers aka Avenging Warriors Of Shaolin

Shaolin Daredevils aka The Magnificent Acrobats

Magnificent Ruffians aka The Destroyers

Kid With The Golden Arm

House Of Traps

Heaven and Hell aka Shaolin Hell Gate

Brave Archer And His Mate aka Mysterious Island

2 Champions Of Shaolin aka Shaolin And Wu-Tong

Masked Avengers

Flag Of Iron aka Spearman Of Death

Rebel Intruders aka Killer Army, aka The Guerillas

Brave Archer Part 3 aka Blast Of The Iron Palm

Legend Of A Fox

Ode To Gallantry

10 Tigers Of Kwangtung

Sword Stained With Royal Blood (Shaw)

Ruthless Tactics aka Ninja In The Deadly Trap:rolleyes:

Guest tarim69

"Venom's to me means the original 6 from 5 Deadly Venom's"

Exactly.

5 Venoms

Invincible Shaolin

Kid w/ The Golden Arms

Ten Tigers From Kwangtung

Unless Im missing one they ALL appeared in.

There are other films that some,even most of them appeared in. I know most dont agree, but IMHO theres only 4 "Venoms Films."

Guest will91XingYu

I know it only had three venoms but Ninja in the Deadly Trap is so cool! I loved that film, the end fight between Philip Kwok and Yasuaki Kurate could have been longer! Philip Kwok should have made more films.

Guest Sandpalm79

Crippled Avengers

Masked Avengers

Magnificent Ruffians

I love these!!

also to will 91:

On the commentary of ninja in the deadly trap they seemed unsure as to who had the idea first, chang cheh or kuo chui for these almost identical plots. I think that its obvious chang cheh did because it came out 2 years prioir right?

Guest venomsfreak

5 Element Ninja came out in 82, Ninja in the Deadly Trap came out in 85.

I like Ninja in the Deadly Trap but there's a scene where they're fighting and a punch that Lu Feng throws lands literally a foot away from the guys face that he's fighting. But the guy of course falls down. That always bothered me.

Anyway my favorite Venoms pics are:

5 Deadly Venoms

Kid with the Golden Arm

Invincible Shaolin

Flag of Iron

Crippled Avengers

Masked Avengers

House of Traps

2 Champions of Shaolin

Guest Iron_Jinon

prolly "sword stained with royal blood",followed by flag of iron and invincible shaolin...kid with golden arm would prolly rank finest but I hate chiang sheng and other axeman characters and thing "golden arm" guy have not given much to do(few scenes lo meng appears are extremely cool though)

Archived