Samurai Movies/TV & There Sequels........

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

OK we all know that they are a lot of Movies that have been made and some even Spawned TV shows or vice/verser. My question to everyone here is which movies do you think had better sequels or worst sequels then the 1st. movie.

1st. Off Lone Wolf & Cub- I thought the sequels got better as they went a long except for pt.#6 White Heaven & Hell I felt they lost the Magic feel that the 1st. 5 movies had, when you started adding that supernatural stuff into the movie you ruined what to me was one of the best Samurai series made.

2nd. The Whole Zatoichi Series all 26 just got better as they went a long.

3rd. Lady Snowblood- Now I thought pt.#1 was good not great but it was good. pt.#2 I thought was total Garbage I felt it had about 2 minutes of good action and the rest of the movie just sucked.

4th. Sleepy Eyes of Death aka Son of the Black Mass - Now we all have different views of this series I for one loved them all, thanks to Merlin over @ SamuraiDVD.com I was able to finish the rest of the series starring Ichikawa,Raizo #1-12 But there are (2) more movies that were made after Raizo's death that haven't become available as of yet hopefully soon. But there was also (2) TV movies made starring Tamura,Masakazu which all though are very different from the character that Raizo portrays in his movies they were never the less very good and should have a place in any collection.

5)Shinobi No Mono- Great Series Classic what more can we say.

6)Shinobi: New Series- (4 parts) Now a lot of people haven't seen this series which is a real shame I really enjoyed this series. lots of Action, Good storyline.

a) "THE LAW OF SHINOBI" - (Vol. 1)

Martial arts star Kenji Tanigaki (THE PRINCESS BLADE, MORTAL KOMBAT 2) makes his directorial debut with the Japanese action series SHINOBI. Exploring issues of social rank, this first episode introduces ninja student Kageru, a fiercely talented warrior whose ambitions are nonetheless limited by his lower-class background. Banding together with his similarly pedigreed friend and fellow student Aoi, Kageru must now decide whether to continue his acceptance of society's rigid hierarchies--or break with tradition and forge a new path to the future. Fueled by high-octane swordplay sequences, THE LAW OF SHINOBI is at once a hardhitting martial arts extravaganza and a sly social commentary on the strictures of tradition.

b)Shinobi - "Runaway" (Vol. 2)

Kagerou and Aoi have become fugitives. Not only are they being pursued by the Shinobi of Shiroyama, they must also escape assassins hailing from all the families of Iga. With a conspiracy brewing and surrounded by betrayal, Kagerou and Aoi are left to search for the sincerity of their allegiances as well as asylum from their hunters.

c)Shinobi - "Hidden Techniques" (Vol. 3)

Hunted. Kagerou and Aoi have managed to escape the powerful clutches of Shuuzan and his men as well as the vengeful rage of Jinsei - the Shinobi Murderer. But, their troubles are far from over. If Kagerou and Aoi are to have any hopes of survival, they must get out of Iga. But between themselves and the border stands a barrier of both friends and enemies - neither of which can they trust.

d)Shinobi - "A Way Out" (Vol. 4)

The country of Iga is deep in the throws of war. With smaller villages falling one by one, the largest families are in position to vie for their share of the power. Sankai of Minamiyama has his sinister eyes fixed – not only on total control of the area, but on Kagerou as well. After fleeing the village of Shiroyama, Kagerou and Aoi have been relentlessly hunted. And now, with the civil war in full flux, and Aoi in enemy hands, it is time for one last attempt to escape the clutches of the deadly Shinobi hierarchy – or die trying. They are all alone. They can trust no one. They must find a way out.

7)Yagyu Conspiracy- I thought the Movie was OK but the TV series was awesome (which I was able to get from Merlin aka SamuraiDVD.)

8 ) Hanzo the Razor- Good Series weird/wild/crazy what else can you say to describe this one. pt.#3 lost a little of it magic that pts.#1&2 had but overall still enjoyable

9)Satan Sword Trilogy- (aka Sword of Doom) I thought the trilogy was better because it got into more depth about the Character Tsuke Ryunosuke then the other movie did. Now don't get me wrong Sword of Doom was Great also, but it really didn't cover half as much as the Triolgy did.

10)The Samurai Trilogy- Starring Toshiro Mifune, Great series about Musashi Miyamoto, I've seen a few other movies about this character but again the Trilogy just covered a whole lot more. now I read that Musashi was really a badass before discovering Salvation in the Way of the Warrior, it said that he would rape & kill people he was just totally Wild, I would like to see that version of him in some other movie. I not sure who has it or the correct name of that specific movie version about that side of him but who ever does please post the name of it for me.

11)Mute Samurai TV series- I've only seen #1-5 that is available from SamuraiDVD but it is totaly awesome, Wakayama Tomisaburo is at his best even more so then in the Lone Wolf series, for one thing you get to see him use his Hand to Hand combat more so then you did in the Lone Wolf series which to me was a totally different side of his skills.

12) Azumi:

Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura of "Versus" fame, this action-packed movie is based on a highly popular manga serial by Yu Koyama. Like his stylish and gory previous film, it wastes no time in getting down to business. The movie gets rolling as soon as the band of ten Samurai in training, including Azumi (Aya Ueto), the only swordswoman among them, is subjected to its final test. Once again, Kitamura demonstrates his awesome skills into camera movements and fight choreography. The unlimited supply of stylistic action scenes and wild visual feast are enhanced by his leaping and pouncing camera, wirework and CGI special FX. At one time, the kick-azz heroine (in a cool, skin-tight "period" clothing) takes on as many as 200 foes. After the death of her mother, a young 9-year-old girl named Azumi is saved and adopted by Jiji (Yoshio Harada), a former Samurai master and general with the Imperial army. After ten years of training, Jiji gathers his ten students, nine males and one girl - Azumi, and tells them that all their lives they have been trained for one purpose - to carry out only one mission - maintain peace at all costs. Their mission is so important that he pairs them up with their favorite classmate, then tells them that, in order to be the greatest assassin, one must forget all ties and to do so would mean that they must kill even their loved one - their paired classmate.

Azumi: 2 Death or Love

Based on the popular manga by Koyama Yu, Azumi 2: Death or Love picks up where the last film left off, with the title character wandering around Japan with her good friend Nagara (Ishigaki Yuma, from Battle Royale II) in tow. But in her travels, Azumi's life is interrupted by violence once more. This time around, Azumi has found herself caught in the thick of some major internal strife within the Japanese government and is enlisted by a lord to dispose of a rival official, the evil Sanada Masayuki (Hira Mikijiro, from Suzuki Seijun's Pistol Opera). With no other choice left to her, Azumi must unsheathe her sword once more and mete out bloody retribution. But things get complicated when she meets up with a motley band of crooks that just so happen to have a member who bears an uncannily resemblance to Azumi's former best friend, Nachi (a returning Oguri Syun). Is there romance in the cards for Azumi or only death and destruction? Featuring Kuriyama Chiaki (late of Kill Bill and the original Battle Royale) in a supporting role, Azumi 2: Death or Love amounts to a highly entertaining, fight-filled popcorn flick that is sure to lure viewers both old and new!

OK my review of pt.#2 it was a very good sequel I wouldn't say it was better than pt.#1 but it was close to it, it even left off thinking there could be a pt.#3, but it is spawning a Japanese TV series I believe in 2007' this is one series that I hope will we be able to get with English Sub-T's.

13) The Shadow Hunters:

A film designed to appease Ninja fans, SHADOW HUNTERS is packed full of bodies impaled on swords and lethal flying stars zipping across the screen, with a basic plot that allows for a gory feast of bloodletting. Three heroic assassins--known as the Shadow Hunters--are hired to quell the Ninja menace as a messenger travels across the country to hand over the deeds to a gold mine. A seemingly endless array of Ninjas attempts to thwart the messenger in his quest, leading to some brutal battles with the Shadow Hunters and dead Ninja bodies spread all over the land.

The Shadow Hunters pt.#2 Echo of Destiny

Ninjas, beware--because when the bloodthirsty SHADOW HUNTERS are around, there's a good chance you'll find yourself skewered on the end of one of their lethal swords. Following in the footsteps of the first film, this sequel sets up a rudimentary plot that takes the three Shadow Hunters across country once again, this time to bring an illegal cannon to safety. Endless streams of Ninjas attack, as the fearless trio attempt to execute their mission, leading to some wonderfully inventive ways to chop, kick, lance, punch, spear, shoot, carve, and impale the deadly attacking forces.

My review: What I like about this series it was like a Lone Wolf & Cub series only with 3 Guys Equally Master Samurai who are now just mere Ronins. pt.#2 couldve been a lot better but I really didn't think it was better than the 1st. movie. It was like they rushed into making a sequel without really trying to putting any real thought or effort to it.

14) "Mikogami Trilogy"

"The Trail of Blood":

Rival gangs are at war with one another, ravaging the countryside and slaughtering anyone who defies them. Unfortunately for them, they messed with the wrong guy.

When Jokichi, a famed wandering yakuza soldier, tries to go straight, he quickly learns that you only leave the Underworld by getting sent to Hell!

After his fellow mobsters murder his entire family, he's got only one reason to keep on living... to ensure they keep on dying!

And the Kanto plains are full of rats that need killin'! In fact, there's three movies full of them.

"The Fearless Avenger":

more or less picks up where "The Trail Of Blood" film left off. Our hero, Jokichi, is angry after the events that took place earlier in his story and so when we catch up to him this time around he's hell bent on getting back at the sinister Chogoro. Unfortunately for Jokichi, he makes a few false steps, his assassination attempt fails miserably and he winds up getting caught by the local yakuza chapter.

Thankfully, Jokichi has a little bit of luck on his side, at least, and the boss, Juzaburo, decides to spare his miserable life because he knows that if he has Jokichi killed, it'll mess up some plans that his gang has for a formal commemoration ceremony. Jokichi, with no one but himself to depend on, heads back into town and soon meets up with Umezo, a different yakuza boss. Umezo knows of Jokichi's skill with a sword and so he hires him to work as a bodyguard for Juzaburo's daughter, the lovely Oyuki. Jokichi agrees but soon learns that his task will be much harder than he was originally lead to believe and before long, his archenemy, Chogoro, is back in the picture and Jokichi rekindles his thirst for blood and vengeance.

"The Slaughter in the Snow":

Jokichi's success in getting revenge has resulted in a hefty price being put on his head, and it's only a matter of time before he runs into Kobunji, master of the throwing knife, who, while he really likes Jokichi, has his professional reputation to uphold.

But just because you have to kill a guy doesn't mean you can't enjoy getting to know him first, and do a little male bonding by offing some villains. But in the end, it's nothing personal, just business, and the white snow will be stained red with blood.

OK my review on these films 1st. off I really enjoyed the whole trilogy, that being said there were a few things that I didn't like. In the entire series they never once explained why he was such a notorious person, his past was never explained, I thought that was a major flaw, but one that was over looked, in the 2nd. film I thought the revenge part was very good, and it was building up to the final movie and the last part of the trilogy. I was a little disappointed with the final film "The Slaughter in the Snow" because it really didn't finish the story about his revenge, you were left hanging as to OK what's going to happen I did enjoy the action and the storyline but it was almost like watching a totally different movie which really had nothing to do with the 1st. 2 films in this trilogy.

15) The Yakuza Papers:

Kinji Fukasaku's (BATTLE ROYALE) revered gangster series is a landmark of 1970's Japanese cinema. Set just after WWII and based on the memoirs of a real-life crime boss, these films serve to deglamorize the traditional cinematic portrayal of organized crime, instead painting its members as petty, backstabbing thugs who will turn on their closest allies for power or profit. The story follows the violent exploits of Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara), a former soldier, as he joins a yakuza gang in post-bomb Hiroshima. From there, he weathers a brutal series of events, including jail terms and pulling off hits of rival gang members, on his shaky journey through the ranks.

Disc 1: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Disc 2: Deadly Fight in Hiroshima

Disc 3: Proxy War

Disc 4: Police Tactics

Disc 5: Final Episode

OK this is a series that also needs a posting here, I know its not a Samurai/Ninja series but it is a great series never the less. I've seen all the episodes and they are very violent and gritty. Not like watching an American movie made about the Mafia.

16) Baian the Assassin:

Description: Using his knowledge of acupuncture for both good and evil, Dr. Baian considers himself an asset to his community. He is a murderer, but he claims to take money only for killing wicked people. Set during the Edo period, this series takes place largely in brothels and bars, capturing a sense of the street culture during that time.

My Review: Now I know that this series really isn't a Samurai series but it does usually involve a Samurai clan in the storyline, I have really enjoyed this series thus far, the last episode that I seen was vol.#4 it was a full length movie, best episode so far.

17) Kibakichi:

Sword-swinging werewolf Kibakichi gets caught in a battle of good against evil in this action-packed horror tale. Raised on raw meat in a land populated by monsters, Kibakichi sets out on a quest to see if he can find any goodness or compassion in humans. During his dangerous journey, he encounters ghostly monsters, man-eating skeletons and geisha who transform into giant spiders.

Kibakichi: #2

Kibakichi is a Yokai, a shape-shifter who can transform himself into a beast at will. Forced to go underground after leaders attempt to wipe out his kind, Kibakichi wanders from town to town as a lone samurai. His travels lead him to a small village where he helps a blind girl and the rest of the townspeople as they seek revenge on a homicidal madman. But someone from his past is spying on him -- an old enemy who means to do him harm.

OK I'm going to add this 2 movies to this topic section because they are technically Samurai movies with a Monster twist to it, I wasn't sure what to expect when I 1st. heard of these movies but after watching them I really enjoyed them, they had good stories to them, and I actually think pt.#2 was even better as far as action and a storyline goes. The writers plan on doing a series of these movies with the same character, and I for one would be looking forward to watching them again.

18 ) Three Generations of the Yagyu Sword:

This is a 12 hour miniseries that I have really enjoyed so far but haven't finished watching the entire series yet is:

This is a major Jidaigeki work as seen through the eyes of Munenori, showing the types of Men that the 3 generations of Yagyu were that worked for Tokugawa leyasu and lived by the sword in the turbulent era.

If anyone feels like adding on please do so as I'm sure there are more movies to be added here to this topic.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pressureworld

Nice post I think Kinji Fukasaku's Yakuza Papers got better and better 1-5 are wonderful 6 and 7 aren't really that good im sad to say. I heard Fukasaku really didn't want to continue the series after part 5 and it shows

Zatoichi is another series that kept the high quality of the first film.

Daisho I really enjoyed The Sleepy Eyes series I felt the first was really really bad but got much much better as the sequels progressed. How are 8-12 are the worth the hype?

Im not to crazy about the explotation samurai films from the 70's outside of Lone Wolf and Cub and Lady Snowblood. I feel that ouside of Gosha the 70's represented a major stepped down for samurai films

I couldn't feel Demon Spies (I need to sell this) Hanzo or even The Shadow Hunters

I haven't seen Trail of Blood I have the Satan Sword Trilogy but i haven't watched all of it thanks to your review I will be sure to check it out.

Guest kungfusamurai

What about Wicked Priest? I haven't been able to get into watching the first film because of the lack of swordplay. The third was pretty good, and then it goes downhill from there.

Was Killer's Mission part of a series? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the character was featured in two more films at least.

KFS

Guest Tokenganja Clan
What about Wicked Priest?

That was exactly what i was thinking as i was looking at his list. I thought he would of had it in there somewhere, but no. What about these:

Guest Daisho2004

KFS, Killer's Mission doesn't have anything to do with the "Wicked Priest" series he just puts on a costume to disguise himself. But CK over@www.kurotokagi.com/ has the Bounty Hunter movies that is the continuous adventures of the "Killer's Mission" story starring Wakayama Tomisaburo I have it on order can't wait to see it, BTW "Killer's Mission" was awesome.

"Bounty Hunter":

Continuing the adventures from the film series, Shikoro Ichibei is back with his cacheof unique weapons and the quickest sword in all Japan. Having worked directly for the

Shogun in the past, he now runs a school in his secret identity as an educator. Mean-while he takes on secret missions as "The Bounty Hunter" (Shokin Kasegi). The

touches of humor during the scenes around the school disappear once Ichibei takeson a contract. Powerful swordplay and brutal violence highlight these episodes as

Japan's greatest sword star Wakayama Tomisaburo stands tall against all odds in this

dynamic television series.

Guest KevinClo

The Samurai Bounty Hunter (Shokin Kasegi) series was a total of three big screen releases. Killer’s Mission was the first one. It was based on the Shokin Kasegi manga. However, in the 70’s they did a loosely related 26 episode tv series. The recent release by CK is the first episodes of the tv series. Much like Mute Samurai, that series was shown subtitled when it appeared on NGN years ago.

Regarding the thread topic…one thing I was going to say is some of the movies that made remakes I don’t think were always better, but just had a different emphasis. There are a lot of movies that I like just because they have a different variation on the ideas. So, I end up liking them about the same.

For example, the Musashi series with Mifune was a very positive version of the legendary character. However, they threw out one major part of the storyline. Musashi’s killing of the kid at the Yoshioka duel at the Ichijoji Temple. The Zen and Sword series and Sword of Fury movies (along with just about every other version of the Musashi movies I have seen) always have this. It is important to show what Musashi is willing to do for victory and the repercussions of it. However, when all is said and done, I think I like the Mifune one the most mainly because it is a more positive idealized version of Musashi compared to the negative versions.

Another one is the Daibosatsu Toge movies. Everyone that knows me knows that I love Sword of Doom. I used to have a website dedicated just to the movie. I like Satan’s Sword since it tells a more complete version of the story, and that was the version I was pushing for to be subbed on my old website long ago. The best overall telling of that story is the Souls in the Moonlight version with Kataoka Chiezo. Although it has some minor differences with other versions, it really shows the meaning of the story. Satan’s Sword, although really good, doesn’t really do as good job of explaining the main theme at the end. You get a little bit of it, but Souls in the Moonlight gives a better explanation of the Ryunosuke’s situation.

pressureworld wrote:

Im not to crazy about the explotation samurai films from the 70's outside of Lone Wolf and Cub and Lady Snowblood. I feel that ouside of Gosha the 70's represented a major stepped down for samurai films

Yeah, I feel the same way. Once we get closer to the year 1970 the genre was starting to die. The stories were lacking and just rehashed a lot of earlier stuff. They just upped the body counts and became more exploitive. Westerns went through almost the same thing.

KC

Guest Isfahani

Lone Wolf & Cub: Agreed, I love this series, but it did lose a little bit towards the end. It would have been good to see more of these but I don't think the manga had finished yet - The TV series does a lot more for the story and Daigoro.

Zatoichi: Yep, hard to argue. There were a few 'lesser' films but all of them delivered on some level. Thankfully there's also the TV series which is remarkably similar to the films!

Lady Snowblood: I am going to have to revisit these with a new perspective, once I started collecting Japanese films and got to know the difference between 'Chambara' and 'Jidai Geki' i tend to appreciate the drama-oriented films more without having an expectation of "action". Previously I would have said "Boring" now I don't know.

Sleepy Eyes of Death: Raizo pWns. I love this series. Can't really say much more than that.

Shinobi No Mono: Agreed.

Yagyu Conspiracy: Are you referring to Shogun's Samurai -The Yagyu Clan Conspiracy (1978) ? or the two parter from 1961?

Hanzo the Razor: I liked them, my Dad liked them...

Wish there were more!

Satan Sword Trilogy: Again, Raizo pWns. It's funny to me how much more I liked this than Sword of Doom, and that's before I really got schooled on this stuff, and noticed it was another adaptation. I'll come right out and say I didn't like Sword of Doom at all - besides which there's only one film I have seen since SoD that I really thought Tatsuya Nakadai was actually displaying any acting skills, out of the half dozen or so I have.

Heresy, right? :eek Whatever.

I enjoyed the Swords in the Moonlight trilogy, and Chiezo Kataoka... but it was a little slow even for my taste. Perhaps typical of the era it was produced in.

The Samurai Trilogy: While I still enjoy it immensely it did drop a major part of the story. I will give Mifune the nod here over Kinnosuke Nakamura but only just... both Kinnosuke and the guy in the Musashi TV series definitely had the 'crazier' or more emotional end covered better than Mifune did IMO. However, I enjoy the different series about the same.

Mute Samurai: Should have made more of these.

Azumi(s) Kibakichi(s) and the Shadow Hunters I was not at all impressed with to where I probably won't be revisiting them.

Mikogami Trilogy While I enjoyed this it seemed a little flat at places (what you said seems true) and sure didn't deliver up to the pre-release buzz and PR was saying.

Baian the Assassin: Assassins are real people too?

I like this series a lot, hopefully there's more on the way.

I think this is better classified as 'Jidai Geki'... I really started to like some of the more drama-oriented series like this. I know there's more of them!

I hope to soon see The Yakuza Papers. I only recently opened up a little and started enjoying the Yakuza films of the 60's and 70's...

Guest Daisho2004

Isfahani, the "Yagyu Conspiracy" which I'm talking about is the Japanese TV Series which was Great nothing like the movie at all, based on it but that is a 2 hour movie cut down from about a 39hr.TV Series.

Guest Daisho2004

Lone Wolf & Cub TV Series:

SPOILER ALERT!

OK I just finished watching the entire TV Series of "LW&C", it was the Greatest Series that I've ever watch. My question to you is at the very end of the movie when Daigoro kills Retsudo he holds him and calls him Grandson. I was like WOW, I also have the entire Comic Book Series and I've only read 2 volumes so far but I had to look at the last volume and see the difference in the endings, and it was almost the same thing in Retsudo final words he said "Grandson of my Heart", did I miss anything here? That wasn't his grandfather was it? Maybe you might have the answer to it. In the end it kinda made you feel sad because now Daigoro was all alone, but throughout the series he was being prepared for this day. I just didn't think it was going to end the way it did. I wouldn't exactly call it a Happy Ending. I would've still loved to have seen Wakayama Tomisaburo in the TV Series.

But Nakamura did an Excellent job, at times watching his Sword Fighting skills I was like OK not bad but at other times I was amazed at the skill he had. This is a must own TV series.

Guest Daisho2004

NINJA HUNT aka "Ninja Gari" - 1982 NINJA HUNT:

"Ninja Gari" - 1982

It's a rare occasion when a noted filmmaker like Yamauchi Tetsuya gets to re-visit a

previous film, and in this re-make of NINJA GARI, he not only does that, but has created

an even better piece. While the original from 1964 starred the great old-time actor

Konoe Jushiro, this version is perfectly cast with his son Matsukata Hiroki in the lead

as Wadakuro, one of four ronin hired to fight against the Shogunate's plot to abolish the

Gamo Clan, who are struggling to reinstate their young heir Tanemaru as their Lord.

Facing the threat of the Koga Ninja, Wadakuro shows his own cruelty while on a

personal vendetta. This is a very brutal film, with lots of realistic ninja action, violent

deaths, a dark story line and is completely without any light-hearted 'humor' elements

that Toei used to incorperate back in the golden era. And with Matsukata Hiroki's

outstanding martial skills, the swordplay is even better in this one. This is definitely one

of the best ninja movies ever made!

OK my review: Having seen both movies its very hard to choose which film is better and its very rare that you get a chance to see a Father & Son being portrayed as the same character in a remake of a movie, I might give this remake a slight edge on being a better movie maybe because I like Matsukata Hiroki better than his Father Konoe Jushiro as a Swordfighter but again its a hard choice to make. This is a very dark Ninja movie with a lot of good action. Again I would have to say that both movies should be added to any collection.

gari82.jpg

Guest Daisho2004

Samurai Reincarnation:

I decided to watch this movie again last night and after you watch it you realize just how good it really is, the storyline even though it had to do with the supernatural it had some awesome fight scenes and if you watch the extras Sonny Chiba said this is one of his 3 favorite Samurai movies that he ever made, and it really had a Great cast as well, just to see Sonny Chiba cross swords with Tomisaburo Wakayama who plays Jubie's Father is worth the price alone.

51QC91NGBVL._SS500_.jpg

Samurai Resurrection (2005)

Now this is a remake of the Sonny Chiba movie from above, and it was a really good movie, it really didn't get them much notice but it definitely worth a look, if you like the original.

51NYN4FZREL._SS500_.jpg

Ninja Hunt(Kage Gari) both the movies and the tv special remake are awesome. Konoe Jushiro is a legend. Check out the Yagyu Bugeicho movies and his son has followed in his footsteps.

Hello Forum I hope that someone is able to answere a small question regarding a japanese ninja series from i think its from 1981 not sure now the person who sees this clipp will maby recognise it...

I need to know the excact title thank you if anyone knows anything please let me know

Would be much appreciated...:smile:

Here is the youtube link:

Danison,

Although I've never seen this series, I recognize it. It's a 17 episode TV series called 猿飛佐助 (SARUTOBI SASUKE) that aired on NTV (Nippon TV) from May 11 to October 5, 1980.

Cast

TAGAWA Yosuke (SARUTOBI Sasuke)

SHISHIDO Jo (MIYOSHI Seikai Nyudo)

AKINO Yoko (Hotaru)

KURATA Yasuaki (KIRIGAKURE Saizo)

KAWASAKI Mayo (SANADA Yukimura)

HAMADA Mitsuo (KAKEI Juzo)

NABE Osami (ANAYAMA Kosuke)

ORIMO Masao (YURIKA Manosuke)

TSURUTA Shinobu (MIYOSHI Tamezo Nyudo)

INOUE Nozomi (Kaori)

SHIMOMOTO Tsutomu (SANADA Masayuki)

KAWASAKI Ryusuke (TOYOTOMI Hideyori)

KOIKE Asao (HATTORI Hanzo)

KISHIDA Shin (OKUBO Nagayasu)

NISHIMURA Ko (TOKUGAWA Ieyasu)

The series has been released on DVD in Japan. Here are the DVD covers courtesy of DMM.com

n_713mrbf90048pl.jpg

n_713mrbf90049pl.jpg

n_713mrbf90050pl.jpg

n_713mrbf90051pl.jpg

Archived