Blister (2015) - Gareth Evans' Next Movie

mpm74

Gareth Evans is supposedly starting on a film called Blister, which he describes as his take on “the contemporary American gangster story with echoes of The Wild Bunch.”

This remark should come as no surprise, since Evans expressed his love for the Sam Peckinpah classic in COF's interview with him back in December of 2013: “Peckinpah invented action cinema, the editing style, cinematography, fluidity – everything I’ve stolen has been from him,” said Evans.

Along with Wild Bunch, Evans cites Jackie Chan’s Armor of God and John Woo’s Hard Boiled as the three movies that have have influenced him the most.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
Gareth Evans is supposedly starting on a film called Blister, which he describes as his take on “the contemporary American gangster story with echoes of The Wild Bunch.”

Is this movie considered a "martial arts" movie?

This hasn't even started production yet, but based on Evans' comments, I'd say no.

It would be hard for him not to put any martial arts in at all I would have thought. It sounds more similar in tone to The Raid 2, although here I'd bet that he acion would be more gun oriented, which could sill be exciting.

Archived