"36th Chamber" HK Blu Ray release...

Drunken Monk

Chemical Lemon

Something weird and entirely inconsequential. The bar-code on my box was printed too small, like someone had a picture of the back of the box and scaled it down before printing, so most of the lines are too close together like a solid black square. I couldn't get it to read on a scanner. I'm assuming this is the same for all of them. Not important, just an oddity, I've never seen that before on a legitimately released disc before. and probably a pain to ring up at a real store.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad you found it brother. Based on what everyone is saying, and those comparison photos, it looks like these are great releases.

No doubt they are, the photos are really increasing my anticipation. My copy shipped today (not long after I ordered it) so hopefully it will get here in good time. Until then I can rest assured knowing that Celestial and IVL delivered the goods.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Something weird and entirely inconsequential. The bar-code on my box was printed too small, like someone had a picture of the back of the box and scaled it down before printing, so most of the lines are too close together like a solid black square. I couldn't get it to read on a scanner. I'm assuming this is the same for all of them. Not important, just an oddity, I've never seen that before on a legitimately released disc before. and probably a pain to ring up at a real store.

That is strange. On my copy there was a replacement bar-code sticker, on the outside of the cellophane shrink-wrap, covering the original one on the actual packaging. I think your guess is sound- that the graphics department basically shrank the bar-code too small when designing the packaging, to the point where it doesn't work.

No doubt they are, the photos are really increasing my anticipation. My copy shipped today (not long after I ordered it) so hopefully it will get here in good time. Until then I can rest assured knowing that Celestial and IVL delivered the goods.

Hope it gets to you in a speedy fashion. :bigsmile:

Is it confirmed that this is an IVL release??? Or is it Kam and Ransom???

100% Confirmed IVL!!!!!!!!!

I have the set. Kam and Ranson never released any Shaws films that I know of.

100% Confirmed IVL!!!!!!!!!

I have the set. Kam and Ranson never released any Shaws films that I know of.

Thank god! Otherwise they would all be upscales with 7.1 new soundtracks!....:wink:

no idea why you think KAM did the bad work, it was delivered that way by Fortune Star. there are other companies in the whole world that deliver the same worthless shit because they got it from Fortune Star. KAM had good HD Versions when they got delivered such as City Hunter or Once upon a Time in China & America.

no idea why you think KAM did the bad work, it was delivered that way by Fortune Star. there are other companies in the whole world that deliver the same worthless shit because they got it from Fortune Star. KAM had good HD Versions when they got delivered such as City Hunter or Once upon a Time in China & America.

Yeah, true. But, then again, its not like KAM put any effort in some of those releases. Perhaps the attitude was that the dvd was the main focus and the blu-ray was just an afterthought. Or, it was too expensive for them to have extras. Now, though, we are seeing some of these films being re-released in Korea and Japan with the extras and nice treatment that these films should have received in the beginning.

Your correct!

I should have said Fortune Star and Not K&R that are the culprits....

Archived